“Really - no air conditioning but plenty of ice available!”

DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside
Ranked #62 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here on a very hot July day and was told there were no other rooms available when it was discovered that the air conditioning did not work in the room. Was assured that the next day we would be put in a well-air conditioned room on the top floor, that was not what happened. We were moved to another room but not on the top floor and it was nothing special for our troubles. We managed to have a fine time playing tourist even if they could not make the necessary change of the room. The staff tried to be pleasant about it, the poor guy in the lobby who needs to open the door after a certain hour because the hotel is located in a rather sketchy part of the city was super helpful and brought a refrigerator to our room (apparently he wears a lot of hats there!) so we could have a cold drink because the bar closed earlier than usual because of lack of patrons. Needless to say I hope to never have to stay here again.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a good room here, I never had one.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Stephen_Pole, General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel We apologize for the issues you encountered with air conditioning in your room and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation doesn’t happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Stephen Pole

Write a ReviewReviews (1,807)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

A little far from downtown but has a subway stop nearby, which is really convenient. This hotel primarily serves a convention centre and the nearby UMass campus. Our rooms were large, clean, comfortable and up-to-date. The JFK presidential library is nearby, in the UMass campus.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank chba888
Reviewed 4 August 2014

For the double tree hilton, not what I expected. There was a drunk lady yelling in the lobby and the tv did not work. Kind of terrible. For that price, it feel like everything should be working in the room. At one point I felt like I was at a Motel 6.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I felt so welcomed, You get a warm, fresh baked cookie too; just like grandma's! We arrive in the lobby at 9:30 am expecting to stow our luggage until the hotel check in time of 3 pm. We were thrilled to be allowed entry into freshly clean rooms. The staff was always cheerful and helpful with tour information and directions. The rooms were immaculate. Great coffee too!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank hiwayriders
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Doubletree is a perfectly good hotel, but there are some things you need to think about.

First of all, bayside is a bit misleading. The walk to the bay is probably 1/2 mile or maybe a little farther. It is not a pretty walk, crossing parking lots, etc. If you are traveling with children, be sure that you understand this since there is no hotel pool.

If the kids want to swim, you will need to go with them to the "beach." Of course, if you are from the south and have not been to a northern beach before, you need to realize that they are not the sandy beaches to which we are all used. You really need swim shoes because of the larger stones. AND you need to know that beach water is very cold by southern standards. :)

There is not a restaurant at the hotel, but there is a good Starbucks where you can get breakfast, even scrambled eggs.

The Doubletree is way off of the beaten path of downtown attractions. The hotel shuttle offers 3 (I think) destinations as far as transportation goes, BUT you do need to reserve with a day's notice to be sure it is not already booked. The subway is located about a 1/2 mile from the hotel, and from there you can reach all destinations.

We enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree, and the hotel was very clean and beds good. However, for our type of travel plans, we will probably stay downtown next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

To start, overall, my stay at this hotel was excellent. If you are a Hilton Honors member, this is definitely the place to stay. From the time I got to the hotel, I felt welcomed. Being an HH member, I of course got the famous chocolate chip cookies upon arrival, in addition to a bag of bottled waters and a granola bar, which was a nice touch. In addition, I was offered a free breakfast for two for every single morning of my stay, in addition to free wifi!

The hotel is beautiful and feels brand new. The lobby is wonderful and has a lot of seating. It also features a room with three computers, in addition to the café that is open for most of the day. There is no free coffee, but they do serve Starbucks at the café. There is also a coffee maker in each of the rooms.

The rooms are also very nice. Very simple, but well appointed. The bed is very comfy, and the TV is a perfect size. There is also a desk and a small seating area with a chair and ottoman. Overall, the room had everything that you need for a city stay. The closet was a nice size as well, and featured a safe. Compared to the size of the room, the bathroom is very small. It features a shower/tub combo, a sink, and a toilet. Nothing special, but nicely done and everything felt brand new. The major fault of the bathroom (at least in my room) was the sink. The faucet was positioned way too far back on the countertop, thus, it was very hard to wash your hands. The water mainly just poured on the countertop. Very poorly designed. The water pressure in the shower was just okay.

There is a small but useful gym on the second floor, which was nice. The breakfast was great, not only because it was free, but because it offered a lot of options. I really liked the idea that I could choose what I wanted the night before, and it would be waiting for me in the café the next morning. The options were hot drinks, cold drinks, cereals, fruit, and pastries. Perfect for the morning rush. Also, the parking was only $15 per day, which is much cheaper than going somewhere downtown. Also, the T (subway) stop is a 3 minute walk, and I walked to it in the morning and at night- very safe! You can get anywhere in the city in 15 minutes or less.

Overall, this hotel was a perfect location and offered me everything I needed for my leisurely stay in Boston. I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton Honors member, you will probably be on the 5th floor (Hilton Honors Floor). It i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BlueRS
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Excellent place to stay while exploring Boston if you aren't going to spend much time at the hotel. Staff was great, rooms comfortable and clean. Can't beat free airport shuttle and proximity to Redline.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family