“Weekend getaway”
Review of Colonnade Hotel

Colonnade Hotel
Ranked #19 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I brought my Niece here for a special birthday getaway. Our room was great and the staff very friendly/helpful. Our only issue was the staff had offered to have something send up for her birthday but instead of that we received champagne and chocolate covered strawberries meant for someone else's anniversary. The set up included a card for the happy couple. We called down to the desk and let them know of the error...they came and took away the mistaken items but never did acknowledge her 16th birthday on our end. Which didn't distract from our trip or our enjoyment of the weekend but was disappointing. Over all a great trip...comfortable modern room in a good locale near the Prudential Center, Newbury street and right by a MBTA stop for easy access to the city. We would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachael611
ColonnadeBoston, Manager at Colonnade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Rachael611,

Thank you for your review. I’m happy you and your Niece enjoyed your stay at the Colonnade Hotel. However, I am deeply sorry to hear that we missed the opportunity to surprise your Niece and make her stay even more memorable. I can assure you that consistency in service is very important to us. I appreciate your comments and I will use this as a learning experience for our team here at the Colonnade Hotel.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

attended convention here, although away from Boston's convention and exhibition center (not easily walkable) this hotel is close to restaurants, shopping and a 24 hour grocery (Shaws); it is at a greenline T-stop (Prudential) so convenient access to government center/Fanueil Hall area. Friendly staff. Only had b-fast at restaurant but it was tasty; left coffee pots at the table. Room nicely appointed; equipped with k-cup coffee maker and barware including wine glasses and cork screw (grocery sells wine). Hotel charges $14 a day for in room Internet access which is ridiculous (low end hotels offer it for free). Business center small; charges for use, even basic computer use.

Room Tip: 10th floor front facing has nice view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Amdtraveler ,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed our location and everything was perfect in your guest room! We have plenty of free internet options for our guests to take advantage of. Please reach out to me directly to have your profile updated for any future reservations.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed at the Colonnade during my trip to the APHA annual meeting. This was a wonderful hotel in the Back Bay area of Boston The room had floor to ceiling windows that looked out over the city. Beds were very comfortable and staff were extremely accomodating. I received free wireless just for signing up for their rewards program (which was free). From the doorman, to the bellman, to the desk staff and housekeeping -- everyone was great. My colleague had dinner in the restaurant and said it was excellent too. I would definitely stay in this hotel should I ever have opportunity to visit Boston again. The location wasn't great for our meeting because the meeting was at the convention center -- (but that was true for all the back bay hotels and I knew that when I made my reservations)- but it was great for all other things that anyone would want to do in Boston.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear colbysmom,

It was a pleasure to read your wonderful review. Thank you for the compliments of our staff! We truly believe that we have the best location in Boston. I’m glad you were able to enjoy this part of town during your time in our city. Please come back and see us when you have the opportunity to visit Boston again.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Staff of The Colonnade Hotel is very well trained in providing customer satisfaction with a smile. You will feel like you are an extended Family Member of every member of this team. Fantastic Service is provided by each staff member. Enjoy your stay, we definitely did and will return many more times.

Room Tip: All The Rooms are Equal from the 8th Floor up.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank emerybarbj

Dear emerybarbj,

It was a pleasure to read your review. Thank you for the compliments of our staff, our team makes every effort to go above and beyond in any way possible. I hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Boston!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We only stayed two nights but loved Boston and this hotel. Clean and comfortable. JO brasserire excellent as was the good old Cheesecake factory opposite. We arrived by chance to be in town the day the Red Socks clinched the World Series and boy did you know it! Next day the winners T shirts were everywhere. You couldnt escape the frenzy. Good for them.
This hotel is in a great location for Fenway Park, we walked there to soak up the atmosphere. You can also walk to Back Bay station which is where we arrived from. The Tour starts outside too. All good! Try Thorntons along the road. Big breakfast at good prices. Two great shopping malls ( one verey upmarket) 2 mins walk. The Pru tower and Mary Baker church well worth vist and yes they are both literally across the road. Great hotel! BOSTON STRONG!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank diamondgeeezer

Dear diamondgeeezer,

Boston Strong indeed! Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I’m delighted you were with us during such a historic and exciting time! Thank you for visiting our beautiful city and staying with us at the Colonnade Hotel! Go Sox!

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

The Colonnade is smack in the centre if Boston, very easily accessible from the T. My room was extremely comfortable, quiet and sparklingly clean. The gym is well equipped. The bar and restaurant are very good indeed. I was extremely pleased to have chosen this hotel. I highly recommend it.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DarleyTraveller

Dear DarleyTraveller,

Thank you for your review! I'm delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and found our location to be perfect. Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Hotel room was too hot, almost 90 degress with heat off and gad to keep windows open on the tenth floor during the night just to sleep.
Shower water control fell off onto foot in shower.
"Do Not Disturb" button was not functional.
Mattress was too soft.
Handprints on ceiling above bed. Could only imagine how they got there.
Book lights on headboard did not work.

Room Tip: Check your room before staying
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank anyharbor

Dear anyharbor,

Thank you for providing us with feedback. We strive to provide a flawless stay for all of our guests. I am deeply sorry that we were not able to accomplish this for your recent stay. Please contact me at your earliest convenience as I would like to discuss your experiences further. I look forward to hearing from you.