“Nice View But Not Worth the Price”
Review of Colonnade Hotel

Colonnade Hotel
Ranked #17 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My partner and I decided to spend the night in Boston so we wouldn't have to drive home after our company's holiday party at a nearby hotel. We weren't overly impressed with the Colonnade, especially after seeing the hotel where our company party was held. The parking garage was awful. Very little signage directing you were to go and employees that didn't care. One told us we had to go to the third level, saw us turn around and start to go the wrong way and didn't even make an effort to let us know. Nice service or not.

Check in was slow. It was hard to get anyone's attention. We were on the eighth floor. The room was okay. Nothing too great. Worn places on the furniture. Impossible to find the light switch for the main light. The bathroom door slid closed but it was hard to keep it closed. I will say the bed was very comfortable. It had a huge selection of pillows. The bathroom was nice enough (aside from the door). I liked the rubber duckie and the soaps. Heat was good. Noise wasn't an issue. The television was nice and big.

We checked out early the next day and I was extremely disappointed that they did not validate parking. Thirty-four dollars to park overnight in their hotel-owned parking garage. Wow. I would hate to see the bill if I had spent an actual vacation there. I wouldn't use them again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank quiet_wave
ColonnadeBoston, Manager at Colonnade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear quiet_wave,

Thank you for providing us with feedback. We strive to provide a flawless stay for all of our guests. I am deeply sorry that we were not able to accomplish this during your recent stay. Please contact me at your earliest convenience as I would like to discuss your experiences further. I look forward to hearing from you. bcomeau@colonnadehotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,398)

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights, I usually stay in the Sheraton across the street but due to a huge price difference I opted for the colonnade. The hotel is modern and stylish. The room is quite cramped. The bathroom is tiny with a sliding door ! The bed was comfortable but the bed frame which juts out caused more pain banging into it. The rooms are extremely warm the ac is noisy so noisy you can hear the rooms next door, this was resolved by turning it off but the heat was unreal. A great coffee machine but no water supplied which is a let down. The tv in the room was faulty took 3 attempts off turning on and off to get it finally working. If you wish to avail of free wifi sign up as a iprefer member. Stayed next to the lifts more noise. All in all think I'll be going back to the Sheraton.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ljcoolk

Dear ljcoolk,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Colonnade Hotel. I am truly sorry to hear that the T.V. in your room was not functioning properly and you found your room to be anything less than perfect. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I would like to discuss your stay further. bcomeau@colonnadehotel.com

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Boston is an absolutely fabulous city-people are friendly and they know how to offer service. But the Colonade is exceptional. From Carlos who took our bags to the room and looked after us, Danny and John Paul at the Concierge Desk and the fabulous waiting staff in Jo's-- we were pampered. Our experience of the city was enhanced by the advice and assistance we received. Thank you so much and I highly reccommend this hotel. The Trolley sightseeing tour stops just outside and you are so central. Oh and the rubber duck in the bathroom was a gorgeous touch!! The rooms are so very nice- such a comfy bed!! I hope to be back soon!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear vickyfromsa,

It was a pleasure to read your review. Thank you for the compliments of our staff, I’m thrilled that so many of our team members went above and beyond to make you feel comfortable in our wonderful city. I hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Boston!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We first stayed at the Collanade five years ago on a college visit to Boston because it was
recommended on our son's university website. Now, we will never stay anywhere else.

The rooms are immaculate. The views are incredible. The front desk employees are extremely accommodating and always go all out to make our stay the best it can be. The concierge is helpful with touristy suggestions, and the bellmen are friendly and attentive.

It is not an inexpensive hotel, but it is fair and compares in price to others that are similar We think it's location is the best of all hotels in Boston. It is centrally located and walkable to just about everything--located directly across the street from the Prudential Center!

Recently, we accidentally left a valuable electronic reading table in our room when we checked out. A few days later, when we realized it was missing, we did not connect it back to the hotel. A few weeks later, I remembered that we last had it in our Collanade hotel room. I never expected them to still have it, but when I called and gave my date of stay and room number, they told me that they did have it. They shipped it to me immediately, and I had it in a few days! Like I said, we will never stay anywhere else in Boston.

Room Tip: Just ask. They are extremely accommodating.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear JAPH22 ,

It was a pleasure to read your wonderful review. Thank you for the compliments of our staff! We truly have the best location in Boston. I’m glad you've found your new home while visiting our amazing city. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed at the Colonnade in early December for a college visit. The hotel room was very spacious, the bed was very comfortable, nor could we hear any outside noises. The bathroom very clean, while not large, adequate for downtown Boston. I loved the location, close to the mall and other restaurants in the area. We will definitely visit when we go back to Boston

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear DHS57,

Thank you for your review! I'm delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and found our location to be perfect. Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Very comfortable room with an excellent location. My husband enjoyed the fitness center. Very convenient to shopping. We have stayed here in the summer also ant the rooftop pool is delightful. We are looking forward to seeing the renovations they are preforming on the rooftop deck.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Lanie513,

Thank you for your review. I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly do have the best location for exploring our great city. I’m glad your husband was able to enjoy our fitness center. We look forward to the warm weather when we can welcome you back to the Roof Top Pool!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

we stayed at the Colonnade over the Thanksgiving weekend for 5 nights and overall it was a very nice stay. Check-in was fast and since we got in late on Wednesday night we were glad to find Cheesecake Factory across the street. Beds and linen are very comfortable although I thought the bathroom was very small but the shower was great.
The hotel is very close to Prudential mall, Boylston and Newbury street which is good for shopping and a lot of restaurants close to it.
Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, would stay there again :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear evaloftsdottir,

Thank you for your review! There is no doubt that our location is one of many benefits for our guests and I am very glad that you were able to see much of Boston during your visit. Thank you for the compliments of our staff, the team makes every effort to go above and beyond for all of our guests. Come back and see us again soon!