“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I attended a conference at the Colonnade Hotel and everything about the hotel was great. My room was very comfortable - (would have liked to take the bed home with me!), the food and service at Brasserie Jo was excellent. The quality and presentation of the food for the conference group meals was better than any other large group conference meals I've had.
Great location too!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ColonnadeBoston, Manager at Colonnade Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
LKR1003,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I'm glad you had a such a comfortable stay with us. Also, thank you for your kind words about Brasserie Jo. I will be sure to share your comments with the management team. Please come see us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Hampshire
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I spent two nights at the Colonnade while attending meetings in Boston. I stayed at the hotel years ago, and had a good experience. Since then the Colonnade has been modenized and the rooms updated. My room was a good size, overlooking Huntington Avenue. The room amenities are pleasant - including a Kuerig coffee maker and a fine entertainment system. Bathrooms are well lit with a makeup/shaving mirror and a cute rubber duck on the tub. Water pressure was good in the shower and the toiletries are of good quality. The beds are very comfortable, and there are overbed lamps for reading at night. I like to exercise when I travel, and I found the fitness room to be clean, the equipment of high quality, and amenities like water and fruit were available. Since it was snowing outside, the fitness room was very handy.

The highlight of the stay was the incredible customer service - from check in to housekeeping - everyone was engaging and helpful without being overwhelming.

We ate in the restaurant one night, and the food was delicious! I highly recommend it. Finally, the location is ideal. The Prudential T station is directly in front of the hotel, and the Prudential Center with shopping and restaurants is directly across the street.

Dear Dedicatedhiker ,

Thank you for your detailed review about your stay. I am thrilled our staff was so helpful during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again!
wales
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My husband booked me a surprise trip to Boston over the new year holiday 2013 as a birthday and retirement present. We stayed at the Colonnade hotel in the Back Bay area of the city. The hotel is in a fantastic location directly opposite the Prudential center , with its many shops and restaurants, the Old Town Trolley stops directly outside and there is a T station right outside too. We were originally only staying for 4 nights until the snow storm came and our flight back to Heathrow was cancelled. We could not get a flight home for another 5 nights. We were lucky to keep our room at the hotel [ thanks to Virgin holidays arranging it for us ] . The staff at the hotel were amazing, they made us feel at home and even sent us a bottle of wine to the room with a note saying ' sorry you are stranded in Boston but so happy that you are stranded with us ' a really lovely touch.We think this was sent by the lovely irish lady in housekeeping whose name I am afraid we never found out. The bellboys and the concierge were very friendly and helpful and on the day we finally did depart Norman [ a bellboy ] kept us updated with the flight times throughout the day and could not have been more helpful.We would certainly go back to this hotel , although maybe in the summer next time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
ColonnadeBoston, Manager at Colonnade Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear golfingboy ,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I'm thankful our staff made such an impression on you. Our team is a big part of our success and its no surprise to me they made you feel at home. Please come back and visit us this summer!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 January 2014

In a word, fantastic. I stayed here for a convention and I cannot begin to tell you the level of customer service I received. Attention to detail, polite, above and beyond every minute of every day. The concierge gave me so much information on what I should see and how I should do it...even gave me a map with routes on it, the less expensive ways to sight see, etc. All of the staff seemed happy to see you, said hello and goodbye, it was like leaving a good friend's house.

During our convention, they had breakfast and snacks each day for our attendees and provided such personal touches in our rooms. I went to a few other hotels for events and none compared. In fact, their attendees were jealous of us when they heard our experiences! This was not even the headquarter hotel for the meeting!

The rooms were small, but impeccable. Great taste in decor and set up, very clean and comfortable and had all the comforts of home, even a rubber ducky!

I was highly impressed and would definitely go there again.

Room Tip: I'm sure they are all great.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ColonnadeBoston, Manager at Colonnade Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Kayla F,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed everything about the hotel. Our staff prides themselves on the level of service we're able to provide so many wonderful guests. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Boston!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

From the moment I arrived to my departure, the staff provided a warm and welcoming experience. The room was fantastic. The location provided easy access to the places around town I visited while in Boston. I was not a faceless guest staying in a hotel. I will definitely consider the Colonnade for my next visit.

Dear Tim G,

It is truly a pleasure to read your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It means a lot to know that each member of our team was able to impact your visit so significantly. We hope to welcome you back to the Colonnade hotel in the near future.
Jakarta
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed only for three days in this hotel and we checked out and flew to SF just a day before Hercules storm came.The hotel obviously just had undergone a major renovation. It looked modern and stylish. The room was nice and the bathroom was spacious. The bed was extra comfort. However, if you stay with little kids, beware of the sharp edges of the bed. The hotel is just across Prudential shopping mall which has several big names in fashion, bookstores, supermarket and restaurants (ie. cheesecake factory) including T train that can take us to most part of Boston. Taxi is relatively easy to get. They line up in front of the hotel near to underpass to Prudential Center. However, if the weather permits, you can just enjoy the walk to many interesting sites nearby: Newburry shopping street (from Chanel, Burberry to Nordstrom Rack), Boston Common and park, Quincy Market and North End. However, if you prefer to take a taxi to North End, it will only set you back around 13 bucks. Overall, we love our stay in this hotel. In fact, we love Boston.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Globaltrading
Dear Globaltrading,

Thank you for your feedback and your positive comments. We're happy you found our location to be convenient for everything you needed. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Yardley, PA
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My company placed me here because it was the most affordable location near Copley Square at the time. I think it was fortunate because I will definitely stay here again. The location, rooms and staff are excellent. You are also located between two malls so you have access to almost any high end store you want.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor or room opposite Huntington Ave.
Dear ReBroker1,

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. We agree that having both the Copley Place Mall and The Prudential Center Mall directly across the street makes us a shopper’s paradise when staying in Boston. I hope you stay with us again soon!