Colonnade Hotel
US$358
US$340
US$314
3,483 results
All reviewsrooftop poolbrasserie joprudential centergreat hotelcheesecake factoryfloor to ceiling windowsnewbury streetnortheastern universitysubway stopgreen linesouth endt stationfenway parkcopley placeboston hotellocation was perfectvisit boston
Reviewed 29 January 2014

January 2014 - In the middle of the Polar Vortex environment which covered Boston is a very warm place called "The Colonnade Hotel." There you will find attentive and exceptional staff. The food is amazing, the environment is pleasing and warm, and the rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. (The bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable). There wasn't one employee that walked by without greeting me with a warm "Hello" or a "Good Morning/Afternoon." It felt like home. Loved my visit there and left with fond memories.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
ColonnadeBoston, Manager at Colonnade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Ron04240 ,

I'm sorry the weather was not in our favor during your visit. However, I'm thankful our team was able to provide such warm hospitality. Our team prides ourselves on the level of service we offer to each guest. Please come back this summer and enjoy our Roof Top Pool!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed at the Colonnade for the first time while in Boston for a conference, and was pleasantly surprised at the many little extras I experienced while there...
1) I was waiting for an associate in the lobby area - and the concierge asked me if I'd like water or coffee while waiting.
2) I had a wakeup call scheduled (which came on time) - and it was a REAL PERSON! Who greeted me by name, and asked if I needed anything else... a very nice touch.
3) This was the most incredibly comfortable bed I've ever slept in. EVER. (Yes, this should probably be #1, huh?) Others at the conference also commented on the incredible bed and pillows, so I know it wasn't just me.
4) I stopped by the front desk to ask a question a few different times, and had someone different each time - all of 'em know their business, were unfailingly cordial, cheerful, and just fun to chat with.
5) The food at the conference was amazing - enough to make me veer from my diet, with little mini-donuts and glazed croissants in the morning, to mini parfaits at the afternoon break - and the decaf coffee was always hot (not true in most places in the AM service) as well as a great selection of teas... so based on this I'd recommend their restaurant also (French brasserie) as well as comments from other conference attendees, although I didn't eat there myself.
6) They are AT the Prudential stop on the Green Line, so I was able to get there for $2.50 on the mass transit system (the "T") from the airport easily. Cannot be overstated - with luggage, in bad weather, etc, you can still easily do public trans. Walk out the door - and you're at the T stop.
Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for Boston 'home'!

Room Tip: Management was helpful in assigning a quiet room - ask!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank marymcd

Dear marymcd,

Thank you for such an amazing review of our hotel! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff and level of service. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We travelled here for a thanksgiving shopping break. From the time we arrived to when we left the staff were brilliant, nothing too much trouble.
The room was very big, with ample storage space.
Lovely area with table and chairs.
Very smart up to date coffee / tea machine which used the 'pods'.
Bathroom was a very good size.
Great idea having the ability to be able to tell staff if the room was ready for cleaning or do not disturb. This was done by buttons inside the room which illuminated outside in the corridor. Never seen this before and it worked - far better than hanging tags on the door handle.
We didn't eat in the restaurant so I cannot comment.

Hotel is well situated to get around. Just outside the hotel is a subway, handy if the weather is bad as you can get across the road via this route and end up in the shopping mall or the Cheesecake Factory :) If you turn right as you come out of the hotel and walk up a short distance on the opposite side of the road is a supermarket. Great for buying a few soft drinks or snacks.

I didn't rate the spa or breakfast as we didn't use either of these facilities.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear dph45232 ,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff and level of service. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We couldn't ask for a better-located, more comfortable, high-service hotel. Alas, everything from the posh bar to the on-site parking is pricey, but you do get what you pay for (yummy craft cocktails, i.e), and the restaurant's coffee and breakfast are very good. A special shout-out to the daytime doorman, Norman, who really does deliver service with a smile (and a free bottle of water if you're nice).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MickWycoff

Dear MickWycoff ,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay with us. We are very fortunate to have great team members like Norman. I am thrilled he was able to make your stay memorable. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed at the Colonnade Hotel for our company's Christmas event. While it is obvious that the building itself is old, recent renovations make it hardly noticeable. The rooms were clean and well kept and relatively noise-insulating. In the well-lit renovated bathroom, there is a bow-shaped shower curtain rod to make the shower/bath feel more spacious, a magnifying mirror on the wall and a compact Conair 1800 hairdryer in the vanity. There was a limited Keurig machine and both coffee and tea capsules were provided. While there was a well-stocked in-room minibar, we did not use it.

My only complaint is that the Keurig machine is the limited commercial type for added safety. There is no way to just heat water for other non-Keurig capsule beverages. For example, cold and flu tonics. The tea capsules provided were Lipton and the coffee capsules provided in our room and in the rooms of our co-workers were Tully's House Roast.

The hotel is conveniently located across the street from the Prudential Center but is not linked via walkway nor underground. There is a T (subway) entrance immediately outside the hotel.

The Brasserie restaurant provides ok food and attentive service. There is not much around the area other than what is in the Prudential Center.

Parking is valet and self-park. The charge is the same for both but is more convenient to self park.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tleemur

Dear Tleemur,

Thank you for your detailed review. I'm glad there were so many positive areas of your stay. I apologize you were not able to work the hot water function on your in-room Keurig machine. There is in fact a way to produce hot water without brewing coffee. Please reach out to me directly so I can update your profile. I'm surprised that you found our location to be less than perfect. Our location, in the heart of Boston's Back Bay, is one of our many compliments we receive every day. I Hope to welcome you back to the Colonnade Hotel in the near future. bcomeau@colonnadehotel.com