“I guess my standards are really high...”
Review of Colonnade Hotel

Colonnade Hotel
Ranked #17 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Colonnade for 3 nights on business. The room was booked through the trade show that I was exhibiting at for a substantial discount. I guess I expected more for the cost. The rooms are super awkward. Some areas feel super tight (like the bathroom, talk about uncomfortable!) while others feel just odd. The phone didn't work next to the bed, the tv cables were lose (luckily my boyfriend fixed), and the bathroom was dusty, dirty, and not super clean. I called down Sunday morning for a Boston Herald and was told nope sorry, we don't have one. Room service was super quick though!! The beds are amazingly comfortable - I slept like a baby. The restaurant downstairs is decent for breakfast although for a bowl of fruit, a bagel, coffee, and OJ you will pay over $20.

Room Tip: Book a room on the outside and two double beds - they looked a lot larger than the inside, king bed...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,416)

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed at the Colonnade during a convention last week. The staff was wonderful, fully anticipating my needs. The location is very convenient to the highway and the metro. My room had a great view, was very comfortable and extremely clean. I will be staying at the colonnade for all of my trips to Boston.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I'm sure that connecting doors between rooms give more trouble than good use to most of the guests, especially in business hotels. For me it was like sharing my room with my neighbors. Maybe for them too. Bottom line - my neighbor woke me up too early in the morning.
What's the point to stay in a fancy hotel if you don't have the conditions for a good night sleep???
I didn't feel comfortable in Colonnade Hotel. The room has strange proportions, bathroom is extremely small with 2 doors that open outside, means to the room. On the other hand the flat screen is too far away. Luckily I never use it.
Breakfast was ok, an "American breakfast", not my cup of fea but no complaints.
Location seems to be good and so is the service.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms with connecting doors but I think it will be impossble. It looks to me that all r...
Reviewed 16 March 2014

On a snowy, I decided to surprise my great boyfriend to a nice evening at the Colonnade Hotel in Boston in honor of Valentine's Day. Danny Vargas, at the concierge, was so sweet, he surprised us with champagne and a platter of fruit and cheese! It was nice enough to get away from all of the noise in our lives for the night and Danny made it even more special with a warm welcoming. It was a quiet, romantic, and much needed evening at the Colonnade. I would definitely recommend and come back for a longer stay next time!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Colonnade will visiting the Boston Flower Show, doing some shopping and going to a show (Flashdance The Musical). The hotel was a good central location. Right across the street were the Prudential Shops. As others have said, the rooms are modern and well appointed. Our room was quiet and the bed comfortable. One issue we had was that they would not let us bring up a microwave to the room to warm arthritis heat wraps, citing state law. Interestingly my wife had stayed around the corner at a different hotel the week before and it was no problem. Fortunately the Front Desk Manager Christine stepped in and offered a solution. Not only did she offer to take the heat wraps to the employee cafeteria and warm them as needed during our stay, she kept checking on us to make sure we were doing ok. Christine turned a problem into an enjoyable stay. We will definitely stay at the Colonnade again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cornbread35
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The Colonnade is located right across from the Pru, within walking distance to Back Bay Station, and the green line stops right out front. So, it is ideal for business. I got a great rate and booked it. Due to my membership status on another site I got upgraded to a premier room. It was on the 11th floor and faced the Pru. Great view. However, it had two beds in it and the second one was crammed next to the closet where you could barely get to the closet. It had great amenities, including a K-cup for coffee, flat screen, and so on. However, the sink was not totally clean, there were whiskers in it from someone shaving. EWWW, gross! There wasn't a desk, just a round table, but it had outlets right there so no big deal. The bed was great, the sleep good. I would definitely recommend staying here, especially if you can get a deal rate.

1  Thank DJDrZ
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The TV and/or internet and gym was an issue throughout my stay. It took them >2 days to fully address the TV and 4 calls or visits to the front desk (did not work unless someone came and re-set it). Gym facilities were marginal, with all of the elliptical machines already in use each time I visited and minimal weights. On the afternoon before my checkout wifi went down thru-out the hotel and still had not come back up when I checked out 8:30am the next day - I checked out early in order to send important emails regarding the conference I was attending, over at the Sheraton lobby across the street.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
1  Thank michael d