“Remarkable accommodations!”

Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Asheville, North Carolina
“Remarkable accommodations!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We recently visited The Colonnade for a six night stay and could not have been more pleased with our experience. We had stayed at the same property last year and returned for another visit. The location is terrific and central to most activities. We were there to participate in the Boston Marathon and were located close to the Hynes Convention Center as well as the finish line. While the staff and service last year were great, they were even more exceptional this year. From helping with a car rental prior to our arrival to meeting a few last minute needs while there, the staff were very professional and quite friendly. The concierge, Brittany, was so helpful with reservations and recommendations. The bell staff were always friendly and frequently called us by name. Norman, one of the bellstaff, remembered us from last year and was most gracious. We would highly recommend, without reservation, this property for a trip to Boston!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (645)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The staff at the Colonnade provided outstanding service to me during my trip to Boston to run the marathon. From the moment I checked in they were friendly, helpful and pleasant. The staff helped make my stay in Boston special. The service was friendly, professional and they were extremely helpful. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Excellent Hotel next to Copley Center. Excellent restaurant.Friendly staff & very helpful.
The rooms has view of the city or another close building. 11 stories high. Did not try Spa or Fitness room. i was there for the Boston Marathon. Excellent stay & close to the Finish line 0.5 miles walk after the finish.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I travel to Boston monthly on business, and have stayed in several Back Bay hotels. However, the level of service I was just provided at The Colonnade was stellar. The team was friendly, professional and seemed genuinely concerned about me during my visit.
Here's why... I had emailed the hotel before booking about a particular TV channel available, which I was assured was. When I arrived however, a technical issue prevented it from being available. However, Paulina, Brittany and (I think) Bill had their AV person hook up a laptop and stream the show I wanted to watch. When that didn't work originally, Bill came up and spent ages figuring a solution. Not only that, at the time of the show, I received a call in my room confirming that it was on and that all was okay. Plus, they sent up a bottle of wine for me to enjoy while I was watching.
My room itself was quite nice. Big comfy bed with good quality linens, and a table and chairs which came in handy as I not only had ample workspace, I was also able to enjoy my takeaway dinners.

I would not hesitate to stay here again, and kudos to the manager for having a team who truly puts the customer first. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Good location to explore Boston from. Very helpful and friendly staff; nothing was too much trouble. Across the road from the Prudential shopping centre and seconds away from the subway. We had a great stay in Boston.

Room Tip: We were at the front of the hotel which was a little noisy, but we still slept well.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Located literally 10 steps from the T, the underground , walking distance of the Library, BosTix, Trinity Church, the Mapparium, the prudential tower for the lookout and mall, Cheesecake co restaurant, Chinese restaurant.

I can't think of a better location. We had a great time here.

• Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here to spend a fun weekend in the city, and could not resist the Group-On price. Room was quiet and well appointed. Hotel is in the center of town, across from the Prudential shopping megaplex, near Copley Square, and the subway station is literally steps away from the hotel front door. We partook of sliders at Happy Hour across the street, and sampled good food at local restaurants. The hotel is walkable to the Theatre District (get your half price tickets at the Copley Square kiosk) I would never pay even half the hotel's rack rate, but am glad we were able to stay here in Boston and make memories.

Room Tip: Choose the upper floor for a view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple