“My thanks to the staffs of The Colonnade & Delta Airlines”
Review of Colonnade Hotel

Colonnade Hotel
Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Norwalk, Iowa
“My thanks to the staffs of The Colonnade & Delta Airlines”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The people of Delta Airlines and The Colonnade Hotel in Boston have thanks from deep within my heart after I aggravated a leg injury flying to Boston Saturday for the Dress for Success Worldwide Annual Conference. I spent the next four days in intense pain, using a cane. The world's best concierge, Brittney D., at The Colonnade provided all sorts of help and transportation to a walk-in clinic which immediately sent me to the emergency room at Tufts. (The care and attention there were wonderful, too.) The Colonnade staff went above and beyond from a housekeeping staffer who saw me limping toward the ice cooler and took care of that for me - and refused a tip - to the front desk, banquet service staff, restaurant servers and bellmen. Delta staff made sure I was safely on board, provided wheel chairs (which saved me from missing a flight) and checked to make sure I could exit in an emergency. I have extensive experience as a corporate communications VP whose team included conference planning. The Colonnade staff surpassed any hotel I've ever visited with their kindnesses to me amid a beautiful facility. And I greatly enjoyed my dream dinner: grilled swordfish on the patio of the Brasserie. Having swordfish was a goal for this trip and it was perfect.

Room Tip: The king size room was ample in space; the view from the 7th floor was spectacular.
Green Features: I appreciated the "green" approach to towels and bedding. A recycling wastebasket would be a nice addition.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JFC1736

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 25 June 2014

best place to stay in downtown boston. great service near the best shopping. Friendly staff attended to every need. beautiful view from the room. very comfortable beds. the boston trollies stop right in front of the hotel.

1 Thank BahrainResident
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Based on Trip Advisor reviews I decided this was the hotel for me for my upcoming visit.

But before I made a reservation, I wanted to ask a few quick questions re: room sizes/rates/wifi/parking etc, so I emailed the hotel.

I received a response from Gilda very quickly and she answered every single one of my queries and was very, very helpful and said not to hesitate to contact her if I required anything else. I then replied and made the booking with her.

I must say from a customer service point of view, I was very impressed and I haven't even visited the hotel yet. If the hotel and rest of the staff are as wonderful as Gilda, I am in for a treat. Many of the other hotels for example that I have booked for my trip, if I have emailed them I have received a reply from "front desk"! Gilda signing off her name made it much more personal.

Really looking forward to my visit now.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
appalachia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My friend and I spent one night in Boston (which is not nearly enough), so we weren't in the room much. But it was so clean, so comfortable, plenty of towels and amenities. The staff, from the valet to the bell hop to the front desk clerks and Danny the concierge were all very nice and helpful. The subway stop is on the same block, you don't even have to cross the street. And be sure to eat at Thornton's Diner up the street for breakfast. It was the first trip to Boston for both of us, but we definitely plan to go again and stay here.

1 Thank travelbug188
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We arrived to a very warm welcome from the doormen and the front desk staff . With our map and the hotel's recommendations of where to eat in and around Boston we were smiling as we entered our double double bed room . Everything you would want was there , including proper wine glasses and a great ice bucket . The bathroom was not the largest but very functional , great powerful shower, plenty of towels , toiletries and bathrobes . The air con great . The beds very comfortable . Turndown service available .
Where the Colonnade stood out for us was the location - right by prudential subway station , by the prudential shopping centre and Copley square , the boston library , the staff - Nuala Creedon , rooms manager and Danny Vargas , concierge couldn't have been more helpful with booking , assisting with days out and internet access . Made such a difference having their advice and knowledge to hand . And of course the pool ! The roof top pool , a great way to relax after a day enjoying the many sights of Boston . Not that large but perfectly formed - proper views over Back bay and South End .
Would stay here next time in Boston !
One small beware - mind your ankles on the bed bases !

Room Tip: 1028 was good .
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We went on a family trip to Boston and had a fantastic trip. The Colonnade staff is extra special. Ryan, Keith. Norman and Richard are super. Housekeeping was the best we've had in a very long time. Ryan made us feel like a guest in his own home, Keith found us a fantastic city guide , Norman made us feel like we owned the hotel with his respect and Richard put a smile on our boys faces every morning at breakfast.

Room Tip: Speak to front desk and bellman for good view. The hotel staff is outstanding. Ryan ant the front de...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at the Colonnade for one night in May. Location-wise it can't be beat -- right across the street from the Pru/Copley Place mall, a minute to the T stop, 3 minutes to Saks and Shaws and 5 minutes to Newbury Street!

We checked in at around 6pm, so I assume they had given away all the "good" rooms by that point. Our room was adequate, but our bathroom was literally a closet -- my boyfriend and I could not stand in it at the same time! I remember visiting this hotel as a teenager with my family and having a beautiful room with floor to ceiling windows and a view of Huntington Ave.

Everyone was very nice, especially the woman at the front desk who checked us in! Overall, it was a short and sweet stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple