“Nice recovery after a sleepless night”
Review of Colonnade Hotel

Colonnade Hotel
Ranked #17 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed for a weekend in July. Starting with the positives: the location is prime, the staff are pleasant and helpful, and the rooftop pool is chill. The issue we had was with room noise. There is tons of hallway and air conditioner noise. In fact, my deep sleep didn't help drown out the partygoers who were loud and in the hallways all night. My 4am call to the front desk connected with a desperate staff member who said that security is aware, but they couldn't keep up.

That said, the next morning the desk easily agreed to move us to a quieter spot with an upgraded end room and an offer to pack and move our luggage. The hotel was freshly updated and looked good, but the old bones are still evident. I liked the fact that the pool and bar was open to the public as it brought in some nice eye candy with a young crowd.

Room Tip: Join their iprefer club in advance to save the daily $14 wifi fee.
3  Thank Travel_Agent_Wannabe
Write a ReviewReviews (3,398)

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just spent a few nights in Boston at the Colonnade Hotel. This place is excellent, from check-in to check-out, first class all the way. The Bell Captain, Norman, is the best in the business. He knows where to go, how to get there and anticipates his guests needs. The pool area, on the roof, has been redone since our last visit a couple years ago. This is the place to be on a hot day or evening in the city. Great drinks, great service and always a nice breeze. Our room was spotless, bed was incredibly comfortable and the windows open slightly so you can get fresh air whenever you want. We can't wait to get back to Boston and stay with them again.

Room Tip: Join the I-prefer hotel awards program, which is free to join, and your wifi is free.
4  Thank Greg C
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The Colonnade in the Back Bay Area of Boston is near Newbury Street which is a lovely tree lined shopping road. The building from the outside is not particularly attractive but inside it's fine. All the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Danny the concierge needs special mention. The rooftop pool is an added bonus. Would recommend this laid back hotel which reflects laid back Boston. A very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Kate45
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had not been here in years, but I got a great deal on a travel sight. I expected to be given a room facing the rubbish bins, sometimes when you book through a budget site, the hotels save a "special" room for you. Boy was I surprised! The check-in experience was great, the staff was exceptional. My room was located on the 9th floor with a beautiful Christian Science Park view and a great view of the Pru. The room was also above par. There where terry bath robes, plenty of space, a great work-space and a upgraded bathroom. I was also humored by the electronic "Do Not Disturb" sign. I ordered room service and it arrived promptly, and was delicious. When the food arrived I discovered that each room has a doorbell. I will certainly be back, and I highly recommend it to my fellow Boston travelers. Make sure you check out the rooftop pool!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cr02655
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was at the Colonnade Hotel for one night while travelling for work, and the experience was a pleasure from the moment I arrived - from the friendly staff at reception, the plush bedding, gorgeous room, the rooftop pool/restaurant - this hotel is simply perfect.I cannot wait to come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MontrealTKelley
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here from July 3-5. This hotel is gorgeous, modern and increadibly clean. The room (king sized bed) was very spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The location of the hotel was perfect. We were right across the street from the Prudential Center and within walking distance of Boylston Street and Newbury street. We did a trolley tour which we thoroughly enjoyed. We had breakfast and lunch at the hotel and thought the food was outstanding. We were able to have breakfast on the rooftop one morning which was gorgeous. We would definitely not hesitate to stay here again.

2  Thank Shirala23
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 1 night to celebrate my husband's birthday and anniversary. We had an exceptional stay. We were upgraded upon checkin, the reception staff wished my husband a happy birthday/ anniversary and even left chocolate truffles with turndown service. We enjoyed the afternoon and breakfast at the pool during our stay; food was very good. Walkable to many areas including Backbay station, Boylston Street, Fenway Park (even for being 8 months pregnant). I would definitely stay again and next time longer.

• Stayed: July 2014