“Great Location”

Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Regina, Canada
“Great Location”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We recently got back from a stay at The Colonnade in the Back Bay area. The hotel has been fully updated and looks brand new. A nice feature is the rooftop pool that is open early everyday. The subway is directly out the front door and there are plenty of restaurants and shops that are within walking distance. The only negative of this hotel is that the walls are paper thin and sound easily travels from room to room.

1 Thank bamabreeze45

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (645)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wappingers Falls, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here for a romantic weekend, it was my birthday. The room was nice, the bathroom was a little small, but not a problem. The concierge was very helpful and booked restaurants for us. They made suggestions that were wonderful. They even alerted the restaurant that it was my birthday. There was a root top pool, but no hot tub. There was a private party going on so the covered cabanas were taken. The hotel provided us with 2 ladies for a couples massage. These ladies were amazing!The hotel isn't far from the Freedom Trail and is close to lots of shopping. There is a parking garage under the hotel.

1 Thank Bonnie5901
Reviewed 21 July 2014

If I could give a 10 I would!!!!!! The staff, the food, the detail to service just perfect. 2 people from a Baltimore suburb went to see Areosmith. Little did we know that the high lite of our trip would be the Colonnade. The staff from Brian, Danny, Brittney, JP, Kieth, Carlos and everyone else treated us like royalty The rooms were very clean, lots of amenities. The staff went out of our way to make sure we had a ride to the concert after a little issue with a car rental. They just kept stepping up the service each day. This location is a must for anyone who travels to Boston. Hands down the BEST HOTEL IN BOSTON, also the best hotel and service I have ever stayed at in my life.

Room Tip: Become a member of their prefer program. They will upgrade your room at check in if available. Free...
2 Thank Michael S
Greenock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a week in January and it was everything I expected for a hotel. The staff very really friendly and willing to help with anything that was needed. I must admit there was one thing I did not enjoy about the room and that was the view. This was because our room was at the back of the hotel and looked on to a car park. The hotel has access to the prudential centre underground just 10 feet from the front door and the prudential centre shopping centre is just across the street which has numerous places to eat and shop. The only other thing is the room service it is a little pricey but it is not as bad as some of the hotels. All in all my first stay in an American City hotel could not have been better.
P.S the door man and concierge always greeted you with a good morning/ good evening and always making sure you were I'm or needed anything. We were also offered a complimentary loan of an umbrella as we got caught in one of the snow storms.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StefMc2710
nottingham
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit to the hotel, it was great once again but we would have preferred a room with a king bed rather than 2 queen beds and we missed the duck in the bathroom.
The roof top pool has had a make over and was really busy while we were there.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I picked this hotel on the recommendation from a travel blog about spending 3 days in Boston with kids. The rooftop pool and it's location to T and activities played a major part in my decision. The location was the best feature for sure. The biggest downside was the noise level. On Sat. night, people ran up and down the hallways until all hours of the night laughing, yelling and slamming doors. We could totally hear the people in the room next to us arguing and cursing. I wanted to wake up the next day and leave the hotel but we had planned a whole day of activities and wanted to get out to see the sights. When we got back, the hotel was quieter and we were too tired from our busy day and lack of sleep to pack up and move to a new hotel so we decided to see how the second night went. The next 3 nights were much quieter and the kids enjoyed jumping in the pool at the end of the day. It was disappointing when they closed the pool to a private party on a Tuesday. We picked a place with a pool for a reason... to be able to use it. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank HollyS0354354
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel specifically for its roof top pool. Both times during two different employee shifts, we were completely ignored by the waitresses. The first time we sat at a table for about fifteen minutes trying to flag down one of the waitresses who completely ignored us yet had enough time to fix their hair and flirt with the lifeguards and bar tenders. We were hungry so we eventually moved to the bar where Jose and his bar mates took care of us right away... They were awesome. His drinks were delicious and they all had a great sense of humor. When it came time for Jose to give our food ticket to one of the waitresses, she said, right in front of us, "there's nothing more I would like to do." in a super sarcastic tone, then proceeded to stand there twirling her hair and complaining about her job while holding our food ticket.

The second time we visited the pool area was later that evening after a shift change. We took two lounge chairs, front and center, yet we waited literally 23 minutes, I timed it this time around. Finally I saw a waitress once again flirting with the lifeguard so I walked up to her and asked her for a menu, she seemed pissed off at me. We eventually got our drinks but I'm not really into being ignored when I just paid $500 for a room. I will probably not stay here again and it's a shame because the front desk staff, the bartenders and the location are awesome. It's too bad, I stay at a lot of hotels for work and have never felt the need to write a negative review.

• Stayed July 2014