“Excellent boutique hotel with great location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Colonnade Hotel

Colonnade Hotel
Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent boutique hotel with great location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

We missed a connecting flight from Boston and checked into this hotel. What a pleasant surprise! The beds are huge and comfy and the decor is sleek and classy. It was going to be our wedding anniversary the next day, so we ordered room service that late night and the food was good. Very very big portions. The best part about this hotel is that its in a great location, just across the street from Prudential Building. You can buy from the hop on/ hop off bus ticket from the concierge. Just wait outside the hotel with the ticket in hand and the bus will stop to pick you up. They have a non-written agreement with the hotel due to long standing relations. Its very convenient. Cheesecake Factory was directly across the street and Copley Square was around the corner. There is a 7-eleven around the corner as well. We would go back there if we should visit Boston again.

2 Thank Sabsters

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
St. Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2009

My husband had to travel to Boston on business, so the kids and I decided to tag along so we could visit some family. I will tell you that being a family of 6 is tricky and/or very expensive when it comes to finding hotels. Most rooms max out at 4 and since our kids are still small, we need to have them in the same room or an adjoining room. I did a lot of searching and found the Colonnade boasted being family friendly, and they weren't kidding. I booked a family package that included adjoining king and double double rooms, breakfast for four, and four tickets to the Duck Tour or Science Museum and fanny packs for the kids for $399. I think this was a pretty good value, considering Duck Tour tickets are $30/adult $20/kids, so $100 there and breakfast (bacon, eggs, potatoes, toast, juice, coffee) was $17.00 if purchased from the hotel.

Parking is typical city expensinve ($38 with in/out priveleges), but it's easily accessible and not so small you feel like your going to hit your minivan on the ceiling.

The lobby is beautiful and the hotel staff is very friendly. The concierge was especially nice and helpful. They knew us all by name strictly from our reservation and were happy to provide any info we needed.

The rooms were very nice, decent sized and we had a fabulous view from the 9th floor. The kids were thrilled with their very own plasma tv in their room and I loved the plush bed and the nice bathroom. The door between the rooms was in a convenient place and allowed good flow between the two rooms. There was very little noise between the rooms/hall, though I might not have heard anything over the typical din of my four kids.

I had breakfast sent to our rooms as I didn't want to deal with the four kids in restaurant. There was a mix up with our order, I ordered four, received two, but they fixed it immediately without question. I wasn't overly thrilled with the food, the eggs were a bit to wet for my taste and the bacon chewy, but it was a hearty big breakfast they serve.

The rooftop pool was a big hit with the kids, the deck was packed with 20-somethings and the pool is SMALL, but they had fun splashing around anyway.

I would highly recommend this hotel for a family visiting Boston if you can swing it. It's great for kids and adults alike, I felt very spoiled here, but it never felt too upscale for the kids.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank rlslacker
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2009

Great location...we could walk most everywhere. Stayed for 8 days, and only took a cab twice. Subway stop right outside the door...trolley stop right across the street. The Prudential Center mall was across the street, and the Copley Square mall was at the corner. My only complaint was the down pillows...too soft! And the noise from the hall was a problem...the doors don't seem to screen out any hallway noises, and it worked both ways! We heard interesting things as we walked down to the elevators. Very interesting. We loved the fact that our windows opened to let in some nice cool, spring air. The staff was excellent, and the concierge was a jewel! Also, Norman the doorman was The Man!

1 Thank Lalynn21
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2009

I went to Boston for a couple Red Sox games and this hotel is in a perfect location for getting to Fenway. You can take the T (Prudential station is literally right outside the hotel entrance) or walk 15 minutes and you're there. This hotel is a great value and the rooms are in great shape. New beds, tv's and renovated bathrooms. I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

Wife and I traveled with our 11 and 15 year old. Got connecting rooms as part of the "Family connection" package which included tickets to the Duck tour (worth it) and the Children Museum. Stayed two nights. Front desk and bell staff were very friendly. Rooms were nice and plenty big, but had issues you wouldn't expect, such as: loose plumbing fixture in the shower and water pressure that would take your skin off, I-Pod player didn't work and we called to have it fixed and it never happened and a toilet that wouldn't stop running. Overall, very well equipped rooms and for the price, worth it. My biggest complaint, however, is the noise. Lots of hallway noise and outside noise not very well masked.

Roof top pool is small but quite usable and very well maintained; a nice touch. Fitness room is small but very well equipped and maintained. Location is excellent and close to everything. No need to take a cab anywhere within the city really. Overall, a positive experience

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Worcester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Colonnade for one night during the 4th of July weekend. Everything about this hotel is wonderful. We arrived slightly before noon, and our room was ready. I believe check-in is 2 or 3pm but they made no comment about us arriving early. At check-in I requested a room with a view of The Prudential. They accomadated my request and we were given a room on the 10th floor with an unbeliavable view of The Prudential. The room was incredible! HUGE window with an incredible view. Windows opened slightly to let in a wonderful breeze. The room itself was perfect. Huge bed, a table with two chairs where you can sit and relax with a glass of wine, huge TV. The bathroom was superb. Lots of space, nice lighting, clean tub where I took a VERY relaxing bath. But I would have to say the best thing about the Colnnade is their roof-top pool which I visited three times in my one night stay. The view is incredible, the pool was small but very clean, they have plenty of tables and chairs to relax, and they serve drinks and food. Such a wonderful way to relax!
The staff at The Colonnade were all very friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out were fast and easy. The Colonnade is located directly across from the Prudential Center, it's a couple of minutes walk to Newbury St and about ten minutes to the Public Gardens. It's a great location. I have stayed at many hotels in Boston and the Colonnade was by far the best hotel experience.

Rome, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

The renovated rooms are much brighter than before, they did a good job. Bed is comfortable, everything works. Some setbacks thou: the phone is ancient, I've never seem similar before and simply did not know how to use it. The shower pressure is excellent, but the logic is unknown to an european (=very difficult to operate), and it's very difficult to get water to be warm enough. The room door is not tight enough, so if there is any noice in the hallway, like someone opening and closing their door, you wake up.
The location is superb with subway and prudential center at your door step, and there are two excellent supermarkets nearby, Shaw´s and Wholefoods. The rooms are equipped with coffee/teamakers.
The hotel restaurant offers rather pricey breakfasts, and the service is very french- slow and grumpy.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business