Colonnade Hotel
US$282
US$365
US$327
  • Restaurant
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$334
US$275
US$318
US$257
  • Room Service
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$228
Agoda.com
US$273
US$228
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$352
US$325
3,468 results
All reviewsrooftop poolbrasserie joprudential centergreat hotelcheesecake factoryfloor to ceiling windowsnewbury streetnortheastern universitysubway stopgreen linesouth endt stationfenway parkcopley placeboston hotellocation was perfectvisit boston
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at your hotel for a buisness trip. We have been staying in Boston once a year for the last 12 years. This was to be our last trip there. I was very happy that we picked the Colonnade Hotel. The people are very nice and gave us a warm welcome. The rooms were just so nice and comfortable and clean and airy.
I also left something behind and they were kind enough to send it to me with no charge.
I am hoping to get to visit Boston in the summer so i can enjoy walking around in the nice weather and to see everything in bloom. And when we do, we will be making plans to stay at the Colonnade. We had a wonderful stay there. The Carney's

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2010

I typically don't let the boyfriend pick the hotels because I tend to be very picky when it comes to style/comfort. When we arrived at the Colonnade, I was a bit scared. The lobby was small and I had a feel of a scary old haunted hotel from movies. I was already expecting for the worse! But when we got to the room I was very surprised. It was spacious, modern/chic and the bed was very comfortable! I definitely didn't think that the rooms would be this nice... We had a great view from the room, windows from floor to cieling and it was a great location...

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
ColonnadeBoston, Management at Colonnade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2010

Thank you for complimenting the spacious, modern and chic design of our new rooms, pillow-top beds, location, and floor-to-ceiling windows with great views.

While we strongly disagree with your characterization of our new lobby and invite potential guests to view our lobby photos online and decide for themselves, we do agree that your boyfriend has excellent taste and decision making skills. We’re so glad he selected our hotel and that you had a terrific experience.

Thank you so much for choosing The Colonnade Hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 6 April 2010

Love this hotel for its easy check-in, self parking, and great new rooms. The rates were excellent for Boston and very easy to get to shopping and restaurants. I would stay here again when i visit Boston.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I was in town for a convention at the Hynes, and the Colonnade couldn't have been closer - right across the street! The room was high-end - you could tell that the hotel had been recently renovated. The bathroom was very nice - marble counters, large shower. The bed was super comfortable. I loved that the room had functioning windows, since the hotel hadn't turned off the heat yet and it was quite warm on the top floor. The windows allowed us to get a nice breeze. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay, and got a great deal through the website (my Friday night stay only cost me 36 dollars, since it was only 36 degrees outside at 5pm!)

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank pidgeyoki
Reviewed 1 April 2010

This is a pretentious hotel and as such one would expect excellent customer service for any kind of problem. Not the case here. First off, the rooms are small and so are the bathrooms! I would rather forego the amenities for a bigger bathroom. It was March so that meant the weather was changing from cold to warm in a matter of days. When Justin brought our bags up he explained the room and it's amenities and such. During this he explained how the building is transitioning from winter to summer and the rooms may seem warm so to just open the windows to get some of that great Boston air.

Yeah right. The open windows did not help the heat and the cooling system was not yet turned on, (the air conditioning) so one only had a fan to use and super noisy at that. So, we opened the windows, which have no screens or a bar across, so these things open out and they are long panels makeing it so easy for any suicidal client to have a go at it. The street noise sort of canceled any desire to rest and since they did not lower the room temperature at all during the night (even wide open) no one slept. So what is the point of going to a hotel if you cannot sleep because it is either too hot or too noisy?

The next morning we went to complain and instead of finding a solution all we received was an "I'm sorry" and she actually started to argue with my other half. She informed him at that time the AC was not on and that there was nothing she could or would do and suggested we could leave.

So we did and as fast as we could. Checking out she took off the internet charge and the parking fee, unbelievable. Needless to say, we went across the street to the Sheraton Boston and they took us in happily and warmly giving us an early check in to boot.
The concierge was not on his best behavior and sort of threw the map at us and whizzed over the directions and that was it. Placing him in the middle of this large empty unwelcoming lobby makes him seem as if he is a king of some sort; pretty odd set up if you ask me. Anyway, he was a tad snobby and I kept asking myself why.

The frustrating part of it all was how much time we lost for playing tourist; the whole day was soured and we ended up rushing to get our car returned at the airport and by the time we got back the rest of the afternoon was just trying to get over the incredulity of their reaction to the issue and the extra physical effort and expense the whole thing cost us. We ended up spending more for our room at the other hotel as well as having to give a nice tip to them to hold the bags while we went to dump our car. So, all in all, not a great experience!

Maybe our room was hotter than most or maybe other clients were not as uncomfortable as we were but the next day, (the temperature was higher than it had been the previous day) I noticed from our room with a great view at the Sheraton, most of the windows on the Colonnade hotel were open...
Those at the Sheraton told us VIP's like the Colonnade and now I see why, they like the snobby atmosphere and to pay for people to pretend to kiss up to them.
By the way, Justin deserves oodles of kudos! He was great with directions and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple