Boston Hotel Buckminster
US$358
US$331
US$305
1,635 results
All reviewsfenway parkkenmore squarered sox gamegreat locationhouse of bluesthe green monsterking suitegreen linean older hotelliving roomfront desk staffbit datedhistoric buildingsubway stationstreet noisecoffee makerparking garage
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My flights were cancelled so I needed an inexpensive room in Boston. I booked a night in a 3 star on Kayak (which turned out to be getaroom.com). When I showed up (a refugee from cancelled flights) I was tired and eager to get to my room. 3 hours later, I was still waiting.

The hotel blames the website. The website says they fixed it. But I have no room.

The hotel staff were polite, but didn't actually fix anything for the longest time.
So many options in Boston. I won't return here, no matter how good the deal.

In the end, I offered to let them run my credit card a second time while they worked out the details with the website. That got me a room (with a free upgrade and a dinner coupon), but I had to come up with the idea myself and potentially pay twice for this room.

They were nice, but not creative in fixing my problem when I was tired & just wanted a bed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Boston Hotel Buckminster, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for choosing the Boston Hotel Buckminster. I apologize for any inconvenience you feel occured in your online reservation process. Unfortunately we are at peak occupancy nearly all year around and sometimes it is difficult to reserve a room late on short notice. I am glad however that we were able to accomodate you with a free upgrade and dinner coupon and assure you that you only paid for the room once and hope you will come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My wife found the Hotel Buckminster when looking for hotels near Fenway. We needed overnight accommodations as close to the park as we could get, and this was pretty much all that was within our budget. I hopped on tripadvisor and was a little leery of the mixed reviews I saw. However, the combination of location and price made us take a chance, and I am very glad we did.

The hotel parking garage is not marked at all, and we drove right past it on our way in. It took about 15 minutes to circle back around since all the roads in that area are dead-ends, one-ways, or disallowed left turns. I thought it was a poor start to the weekend, but it turned out to be the only issue we experienced at this location.

The person at the front desk was incredibly friendly and got us checked in quickly. She told us that rather pay for overnight parking in their garage we could park on the street, as meter parking is free after 6:00pm Saturday. There was a metered spot right out in front so we quickly moved our car and avoided paying any parking fees.

Next, she offered us an upgrade to a king suite as they had one that nobody had booked for the weekend. We agreed and were blown away by the room we were given. It was clearly all newly redone and in perfect shape, no wear and tear at all. Most importantly it was clean, warm, and quiet, which are all the things that really matter when it comes to a hotel room. The suite had a separate living room/kitchen area which was enormous and had chairs, a couch, and a very large TV.

The location of this hotelis unbeatable. For where we were located I would have expected to pay 2 or 3 times the price. We were able to walk right to the park which is about a block away. The next day we walked to the greenline station which is no more than two blocks away, and from there we had access to the whole city.

I have stayed in downtown areas in other cities, and I have paid absurdly high prices for hotels with tiny, dirty cots and shared bathrooms. The Buckminster is one of the nicer hotels I have ever stayed at, and would be considered cheap even if it was in the middle of nowhere. The fact that it is as cheap as it is, as nice as it is, AND located in a nice neighborhood right in the heart of everything just blows my mind. I would rate this hotel 5 stars for any two of those three things. If I ever come back to Boston this will be my first choice for a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Andrew J

Thank you so much for choosing the Boston Hotel Buckminster. I am extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us while in Boston. Our guests are always our number one concern and we constantly strive for ways to improve. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

1. This hotel has a fabulous location mostly for Red Sox games!
2. They offer many different room styles which is really fun if you enjoy staying in different rooms as a repeat customer!
3. We had a great room up high and could see Fenway and the best part was the windows opened so we could feel the warm summer air and hear the hustle and bustle of the city.
4. This hotel has very unique rooms as its an old building however it has been updated recently in the lobby and some rooms.
5. Clean, friendly, and easty to get to.
6. You have to pay for parking under the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Boston Hotel Buckminster, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for choosing the Boston Hotel Buckminster. We are always happy to hear we did a great job with our guests and welcome any comments on ways that we can do even better. Our guests are very important to us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

When my partner and I got to this hotel, we were tired having just flown in from LA. I felt very welcome by the staff there and they gave us a free upgrade without me even asking. It was insanely cold outside -12c (with an additional wind chill of -10c) so they were very quick to help in any way they could. I was gobsmacked when I opened the very large windows in my room to see Fenway Park lit up and staring straight back at me.

I'm not one to order room service (ever) as I prefer to get out of the hotel and see the city but given the cold we didn't make it too far. We went to a Bertucci's Italian restaurant just across the road and had an awesome meal and a couple of great, local craft beers. So thumbs up for great restaurants nearby.

I am sure if I had ordered room service it would have been good though as the staff here are great and came across as very enthusiastic to help.

Given the cold outside I was a little concerned about the heating. It seemed a little cold in my room (I must stress the word 'little') but when I spoke to the front desk they sent someone straight up. The ceilings in my room were very high so I sort of twigged that given the cold outside, the size of my (free upgraded) room and with the height of the ceilings that it may take a while to warm the room up. The next morning our room was fine and comfortable.

In the end, I would stay here again in a heartbeat. If you're a sports fan and don't go for 5* hotels in the boring business districts, than give this place a shot. It's an older hotel with great character and it well and truly exceeded my expectations. Great value for money. When I come back to Boston, I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: You would want to be facing Fenway Park if at all possible. If you get a very large room and if it is cold outside you may want to phone ahead and have them turn the heating on ahead of time. it may take some time for the rooms to heat up as the ceilings are VERY high.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott84Perth
Michael M, General Manager at Boston Hotel Buckminster, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

I would like to personally thank you for choosing the Boston Hotel Buckminster. I am always thrilled to hear from our satisfied guests and hope that you will stay with us again soon on your next trip to Boston. We strive to make it a memorable stay for each and every guest that we have pass through our doors. Again, thank you for choosing the Boston Hotel Buckminster!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed at the Buckminster this past new years. Temperatures outside were in the teens, so a warm place to sleep is all we were looking for. Upon arrival the heat in our room was not working (error message on the thermostat). Called the front desk, who said they would send someone up, and left to get dinner. When we returned, error message still present, and room still freezing. Called front desk again, and maintenance arrived with a space heater, apparently our ONLY means of heat for the night. Maintenance informed us that the heat wasn't working in the entire section of the hotel. Hot water was iffy, had to take half a shower, get out and wait for water to warm up, and talk the other half. Not sure if related to heating problem.

The worst part of our stay however was the management of this hotel. We called the hotel later that week to speak with someone about our stay. Front desk informed us no one would be in until after the weekend, and connected us to a woman's voicemail. A message was left giving an overview of our stay, and contact information. It wasn't until a week later that a man gave us a call back, unfortunately the call was missed. We returned his phone call....again only reached voicemail, left a message, and never heard back from them again. The management should have been able to be reached, and if not they should at least answer the messages of their customers. Extremely unprofessional.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julia W

I am sorry that you feel that your stay was less than you had expected and that management response was not as you expected either. As the General Manager of the Boston Hotel Buckminster, I assure you that I take all complaints very seriously and am available at any time should an emergency issue warrant it, as well as during regular business hours, Monday-Friday. I do apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you will visit us again soon.