“Location location location”

Boston Hotel Buckminster
Ranked #64 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Tiny room.The bed was extra firm which is not my favorite. We had very little space to put our luggage. Ancient television. The shower was okay and had adequate hot water. The hotel employees were very nice. This hotel does not have much to recommend it except that it is within walking distance from Fenway. And that would have been enough but the game for which I had tickets was rained out. The Buckminster is close to a pile of restaurants and on games days there are the food carts outside the stadium. We were able to walk to an on/off tour bus stop that was near. Barely adequate place to get some sleep after a game.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,588)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Saw some good reviews and the photos looked good, so I booked it for two nights.
The minute I got to the room I asked if I could cancel my reservation. The room was a glorified dorm room with NO amenities except a CRT TV with only about 10 channels that works.
I hallways smelled a bit and the service was virtually non-existent.
Probably the worst hotel experience I have had in years.
I would highly recommend you stay ANYWHERE else.

1  Thank Howard L
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel Buckminster is not worth it, the vouchers for food are a joke, the food is overpriced for the quality of the rooms. The restaurant is never open as late as they say it is either. The bathroom is poor as well. Not a comfy environment at all do not go here!!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Hannah8088
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Not a bad place to stay in Boston when you can get a deal on it.

It's an old building; most of the doors and furniture are worn, and the TVs are old. Everything works, though. The mattress is comfy. Everything is clean. The paint is fresh.

I've read a few reviews about how this hotel could get cold in the middle of winter. I'd believe it based on the slightly drafty windows. We stayed at the end of April with a 40 degree night and had no problems.

Parking is $35 per night, which is about average for Boston. Compare it to $50 Red Sox game day parking, and it's a good deal.

Room Tip: This hotel sells discount rooms through a number of travel brokers; shop around for a good price. We...
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Booked this hotel through a third party that called it a "solid" hotel. 240.00 per night... It was one of the worst nights I have ever spent in a hotel. Was visiting my daughter who lives in Boston, booked the trip last minute. When we arrived, we were given a room with two beds-two twin beds, with VERY worn furniture. I have seen dorm rooms nicer then this. The bathroom had rust and mildew throughout and there was hair on the sheets. Called the front desk where they were able to switch us to a "renovated" room. The room was the same but did have a cleaner, newer bathroom. Went out for dinner and came home exhausted. There were only blinds on the window, the lights from Fenway shined through the entire night-we also listened to nonstop traffic from the freeway, as well as a beeping noise from a truck below. Finally at 5 AM, after no sleep, we left to go to my daughters apartment to try to get a few hours sleep. Think before you book at Hotel Buckminster!!

2  Thank Sue O
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is our 2nd time staying at the Buckminster. We were very pleased with the ongoing upgrades, like room redecoration, new tv's, new wood flooring, new furniture. The superior queen bed room was excellent, very comfortable bed, it had a microwave, coffee maker(it didn't work), refrigerator/freezer,i Pod dock spacious bathroom. It also included a $10 breakfast voucher per person per day which was used at the Fenmore Grill within the hotel property. The best part, is that the room rates are far below than the nearby hotels in the Kenmore/Fenway area, especially during Red Sox home games. We enjoyed very much our stay and plan to come back.

Room Tip: Try to get the superior queen or king rooms and on higher floors if possible
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stay here every time when in Boston. Here 3 nights during Boston Marathon weekend. The location is only 20 minutes walk from the marathon finish line and Fenway Park is right around the corner. Our room this visit was huge compared to other rooms we have been in over the years. It had 2 twin beds, bright, clean, with an updated washroom, and a view of Fenway Park. Room was sound insulated from traffic noises below. Only complaints were: the electrical outlets by the desk were not working, hot water for shower/bath was hit and miss, and Wifi did not work for my husband's laptop but did for my apple mini...and it's only free for 60 minutes! You receive a $10. coupon/person for breakfast at the attached restaurant which was excellent. The other restaurant in the same building was also excellent. Front desk and cleaning staff very efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: If you don't mind 2 twins beds, I recommend room 616. Larger than other rooms. Bright sunny win...