“Thanks for a great stay!”

Boston Hotel Buckminster
Ranked #63 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Really enjoyed my stay this weekend a Hotel Buckminster. Wanted to manage budget but be IN not next to downtown Boston and wasn't disappointed. Quick and easy access off the highway then able to park my car right next door for the weekend and enjoy the sites on foot and by subway. Staff were quick to respond, friendly, and helpful. Rooms were clean and well-appointed. Just what I was looking for - thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank FrannyMacMtl
Write a ReviewReviews (1,596)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our daughter attends BU and the Buckminster is the perfect location to stay. Walk anywhere with ease on Commonwealth, our beloved Red Sox are right next door. It's surprisingly quiet. The building is timeless and the history is rich. The staff was INCREDIBLY friendly. Open welcoming eyes and smiles. So nice. Loved the Sox jersey attire on game day. the restaurant is welcoming and sublime. Fabulous food. The rooms feel like being in a lovely old home rather than a stock, stark hotel room. The back stairway is reminiscent of my grandmothers and it brought back wonderful memories. I never used the elevator, the stairway was an absolute hidden treat. We will be back, regularly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here for the Zack Brown Concert and this place was super convenient since the hotel is basically across the street from Fenway. The staff was very pleasant and professional. We received an upgrade when we checked in, and the room was clean, bright and very quiet.. Real old character in this hotel ..

Breakfast the next morning was outstanding. Our wait staff was 1st class, very attentive and the overall experience was very good.. (some of the best home fries I have ever eaten)

If you're attending a function at Fenway Park, or close by, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gmarshal
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Booked my stay on Priceline and got a very good rate. It was a little further from downtown than I wanted. I got sick while I was there and was unable to leave the room. They were of no help. I asked for a thermometer and tea and ginger ale, since everything is self-service, I was stranded in my room. The room was tiny, view of an internal courtyard. The halls were musty.

That said, well priced if you are on a budget and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was reasonable and the waiters attentive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here a few times when I traveled to Boston. It was very clean and the staff was friendly. Usually I was always upgraded if I made the reservation a few weeks in advanced. Beds were comfy. Housekeeping didn't bother me as long as I put out my sign. Breakfast was alright...typical continental breakfast. Has a gym and wifi. never had any complaints about noise either. Definitely will return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Buckminster is an older Hotel right next to Fenway Park and is great for the price. I had accidentally left my laptop computer and both Matthew and Kevin helped get it in the mail to me right away. The views of Fenway park from our window was great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Storme123
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I am a business traveler with a limited budget, and the Buckminster was a perfect choice. For Boston, the price was perfect. The room was very large, double beds but comfortable, a dressing area and a large bathroom with stylish soaps. The staff at reception are reactive and friendly; your receive a ticket for breakfast to eat at the restaurant which is fine offering several choices.

The location, while not downtown, is near Boston University and Fenway Park with the Kenmore T station next door.

An excellently run hotel which is comfortable and inexpensive. You can't do better ; I will definitely come back on my next business trip.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business