“Great location”

Club Quarters Hotel in Boston
Ranked #47 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Great location, room was exceptionally small, equipped nicely, but seemed old...toilet was an older one, shower had some rust, and only thing really nice was the furniture...the granite was nice, but the lower end granite line...close to everything though!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Al J
There are newer reviews for Club Quarters Hotel in Boston

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Everything about Club Quarters surprisingly surpassed my expectations. Well located, very well appointed rooms and excellent service, and was significantly less expensive, and better, than most of the competition.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I booked the Club Quarters primarily for location to South Station as well as other landmarks. The hotel was very nice and located in the Financial District, walking distance to most, if not all, major landmarks (The Freedom Trail, Quincy Mkt, Faneuil Hall, Boston Commons, etc). If it wasn't walking distance, the T was right around the corner. I had booked a queen with a pull out sofa-bed. My only two complaints were there was no fan in the bathroom and if you pull out the sofa-bed, anyone in the queen bed was trapped on that side of the room. You would have had to climb over your guest(s) to get to the restroom or leave etc. Other than that, this was a fantastic find for the price, location and amenities.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Our kids booked us a room here as a Xmas gift along with tickets to a show. The room was very small- literally couldn't walk to my side of the bed without bumping into TV on the wall. Room was clean and well appointed but I could never stay more than 1 night. Interestingly enough when we were checking out we saw a sign in the lobby offering an upgrade to a suite for $25! Wish we had seen / been offered that at check-in. Restraunt next door is perfect spot for drinks and we had breakfast there in the morning. Overall nice area, clean hotel, staff friendly. Tiny, tiny, rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dabra21
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Being my first time in Boston I wanted accommodation that was central yet affordable, and Club Quarters did not disappoint. Located in the Financial District, it was very convenient for us to travel by foot to main attractions such as Boston Common, Feneuil Hall, the Harborwalk, Freedom Trail, Old North Church, Paul Revere Mall and Chinatown.
Actually during our 5 day visit, we walked everywhere, furthest being the Berklee College of Music.

If you're arriving by Amtrak at South Station, it's not a far walk (10-15 minutes) to CQ. I would only recommend this if you're willing to lug your heavy luggage through the streets.
We caught the taxi on arrival and it cost us USD$15 for the 5 minute ride. I checked with the hotel staff and they advised that yes, the average cost is around USD$15 and that it isn't worth catching a taxi, unless of course you're like us and have plenty of luggage or if it was pouring rain.

Our room was the Club option and with a queen bed, TV, coffee maker, tea/coffee, bathroom with the usual shampoo and conditioner, soap and body lotion. Note, there is no mini fridge and our bathroom had a shower, not the bathtub. Not sure if all their rooms are showers. There's complimentary WI-FI and printing on their 3 computers in the business centre. Tidbits, fruits and tea/coffee are also here.

One thing I really liked about CQ is that at the start of each floor (near the elevators), there's a complimentary water machine with empty bottles so you can take your own water when you head out for the day. This was a first I've seen in the hotels I've stayed in.

Majority of the staff were friendly, but I must thank one in particular - Anou L. He was by far the most friendly hotel staff (at front desk) I've ever met. He's bubbly and makes you feel welcome, and even engages in conversation with you offering any tips he has.

They could improve on the front entrance. It was narrow and has 2 doors opening up quite close to each other. As such, only one person can go in/come out at a time. This however did not affect our overall fantastic trip to Boston.

Note: if you see black dots on my photos, it's my faulty camera lens not the actual room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WLH_Oz
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Enjoyed our stay for a night. We booked a room online to find out it wouldn't accommodate 4 of us but the manager, Sal, was able to hook us up with a suite upgrade for nominal charge. The location is great especially for the price. It was a nice (but frigid) walk to Faneuil Hall and then onto the Garden for the Celtics game. Next day we visited the Aquarium. Nice amenities including coffee/cappuccino/latte machine and ice water in lobby. Ate breakfast at Elephant & Castle -- decent and loved how we didn't have to put on our coats to go...door right from lobby. Parked the car 2 blocks away in garage and picked it up about 24 hours later...only $25 for 24 hrs...a deal in town. Would stay here again and other CQ locations.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gillwill
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Wahid b.

This hotel has the best value ever. My best experience in Boston. They care about their customers. Anything you need they are right there for you at every hour. Honestly, Wahid B. was the nicest man I have ever met. He went the extra mile to make sure our stay was nothing but amazing. When the front desk said they were out of the sleeping kits, he went in the back and found us chamomile tea. That was just the tip of the iceberg. He set the bar for the best service of my life. I have traveled all my life and I can honestly say this stay will be memorable. Thank you Wahid B.

• Stayed: January 2014