“Good executive stay in Boston downtown”

Club Quarters Hotel in Boston
Ranked #47 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Bengaluru, India
“Good executive stay in Boston downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

This place has limited time parking for taxis that was my biggest grouse. The rooms are neat , staff for most part were professional. No complimentary breakfast or socials available. Location is very much in Boston downtown and near to financial district. Elephant n Castle restoration is next door, I did not try the restaurant. Typical downtown security problems once you get out of the hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank zapperjapper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We enjoyed the location of the the hotel being very close to Fanueil Hall and the waterfront as well as a nice walking distance from Boston Commons, Bolyston St., Tremont St., and shopping.
The Staff, particularly Anou and Sal, at the front desk were very helpful and friendly.
Would definitely stay again due to location, restaurant, hospitality, and value.

Room Tip: The rooms are very good, a little small and next time I would spend the $25 offered for the suite up...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Stevens F
Missouri City, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My family and I recently stayed at the Club Quarters. It was our first time and will not be the last. It is in a great location. The staff and front desk team were very helpful and pleasant. They have a sitting room area with coffee, water, computers and printers all at no extra cost. The wi-fi worked excellent. Connected to the hotel is the Elephant and Castle pub which serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and will also deliver room service to your room. They also offer hotel guests a discount on food purchases made there. It was easy to walk to all our favorite places to visit in Boston. We happened to stay on a graduation weekend and the rates at hotels were outrageous. We got a great rate. The room was quite nice, we had a queen bed with a kitchenette. We needed more towels and pillows, not a problem at all. They also offer a "sleep comfortable" service, which we did not check out, but has sound machines, special pillows, etc. All in all, it was a great experience and we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor at the end of a hall. I do not know if other rooms are noisy or not.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MissingtheCape
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Our family came to Boston for our grandson's wedding. We had 8 rooms and everyone was satisfied. The desk help were always welcoming, charming and helpful.

We had breakfast /brunch all 3 mornings in their pub and had a wonderful time because the waitresses were so accommodating with 18 or so guests at our table that was constantly being enlarged.

Monday when everyone was leaving and checking out, I left my cell phone there and after we returned to Miami, I called the hotel to see if anyone had found my lost phone. Raquel was so wonderful. She checked out all the details to be sure it was mine and then promised to have it packed and shipped the next morning. I am so very grateful to her and also to Kendra and the other waitresses who turned in the phone.

Myrna Fistel from Miami, Florida

Room Tip: They have regular rooms, suites and larger suites. Our room was the one with the handicap bathroom...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bubbiemsf
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

This worked well for me as I had to stay for business travel in Boston for several weeks. I would recommend this hotel for those who need to be close to the offices in financial area in downtown Boston. I didn't have any issues with this hotel though I could have used a larger bathroom. Everything here is functional and you would be fine unless you are looking for a more spacious hotel.

They will also hold your luggage if you are coming back the following week ( a convenience for those who do not want anything extra like shoes, suits, kits in their luggage every week on flights). I also liked the restaurant downstairs for cold, blistery nights in Boston when I didn't want to venture out. There are several decent takeouts nearby (but most close at night; so there are a bit limited options for dinner).

Water bottles are nice and the gym is functional though there are limited machines. Cappuccino machine in the lobby is pretty good.

There are better choices for family stay in Boston so I would only recommend for business travel.

Room Tip: There are some rooms that have decent bathroom size. Make sure to check the bathroom or ask the desk...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AshishH
Woodbridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was my first time staying in Boston and of course I researched hotels to see what was close to where I needed to be as well as other points of interests. Club Quarters is in an excellent location, close to everything from restaurants to tourist attractions to shopping. The staff were so welcoming, offering me an umbrella on wet days to offering tips on where to eat and how to get there. The hotel itself is very clean and full of amenities. The rooms are small but perfect for what I needed. Free wifi was not something other hotels offered. As well, the Club room offers free coffee (the good kind), soft drinks, fresh fruit and granola bars every morning and light snacks at night. The hotel is attached to the Elephant and Castle, a busy but very good pub that offers discounts to hotel guests and room service.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Boston. I look forward to staying at Club Quarters in other locations.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank srenzi
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I always stay here when in boston. It is close to everything and a great spot for sleep. Rooms are small, only for 1 or 2. They have started to charge for the second person. I will be contacting the hotel about that

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple