“It's All About Location”

Club Quarters Hotel in Boston
Ranked #47 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Sullivan, Maine
“It's All About Location”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This visit to Boston was for a one-day event at a hotel that was a) full, and b) very, very expensive. Primarily because of university commencements, nearly every hotel I checked had nothing available for the date. I remembered that my former employer used CQ as its hotel of choice in Boston, although I had never stayed there. The price was OK and location was nearly perfect for the event and my transportation (South Station) and business dinner arrangements, so I booked it.

The "lobby" is tiny, not much more than the front desk and elevators. The rooms are tucked in off the hallway in pairs. My room itself was ok, with a desk, a bed, a TV and a closet, although the closet was not much more than a cubby with not much vertical room to hang my suit.

It's clean and functional for a solo business traveler, but I would not want to spend too much time there.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Boston hotel is quite expensive and so is this one. However, my experience with this hotel is quite pleasant. I can point out few things:
1. My biggest worry is whether it would be clean. It is quite clean and thanks to house keeper names Yu-Hua Wu;
2. Hotel staffs are helpful and professional. I can name few like: Tristine, Sal, Aram, Anou, Xivan. I am sure I probably miss-spelled some of those names, but that's how I call them. They are very responsive to my requests and always try the best to make me feel home. I am planning to stay here for few months for a project in downtown Boston and it is somewhat important to feel like home;
3. The only negative side is that the room is small even though I have already taken the largest room. That's more to do with Boston downtown.
4. Location is great and it is only 8 minutes to my office which means I can walk back for lunch if I want to.
5. Boston is a good city to visit. It is just a lot to do in downtown area and very friendly to tourists. ....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

A rainy July 4th weekend dampened my mood a bit, but I cannot complain about the hotel while I was there. For those looking to do the tourist thing, this is a great home base. We walked the Freedom Trail and several of the stops were a block or two from the hotel. Boston Common is 5 or so minutes away and there is a subway steps from the hotel entrance.

Our room was pretty small, but big enough for two people to be comfortable. We did have to ask for an extra washcloth as we were initially given only one. Still they provided them quickly so it was no hassle. The one perk I liked that I had not encountered before in a hotel was the free cold filtered water station in the hallway and plastic bottles to use. It was a nice thing to have before heading out for a long day of sightseeing.

They provided dicounted parking at a deck a block away. For the 2-ish days we were there, we paid $42, which is pretty reasonable to me in a busy metropolis.

We didn't partake of the adjoining restaurant, but if you do go there and charge to your room, you get a 10% discount. The front desk staff were very nice and automated checkout made leaving early in the morning a breeze. Good stay overall.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
South Ireland
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a one night stay at the Club Quarters. I stayed with 3 other family members so we got a room with a double bed and double pull out sofa bed, the room was extremely spacious and modern. Check in was very fast and the staff are very helpful. The bottles of water are super as the humidity and heat in Boston during our stay was extremely bad. Nice touch with the water bottles on each floor. We had breakfast in the bar/restaurant next door and it was also of good standard. The bathroom facilities were excellent with plenty of hot water for 4showers. Overall we really enjoyed our stay. The location is excellent, very convenient for sight seeing and a night out.
Thank you for the lovely stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Exceeded my expectations. When you select a hotel using reviews and rating it does not always work out. A pleasant surprise was had at Club Quarters. Great location close to Fanueil Hall. Great hospitality from Manager Anou who saved us a 2 hour wait for dinner at Legal Harborside by giving us a contact there. Rooms were just right for 2 with a very clean and bright feel. Small by Florida standards but large by NYC standards. Very nice Club room with tv, computers and fab coffee machine that ground beans and made cafe latte and espresso. Very helpful staff when I needed 4 am valet car for early flight. Thanks Anou and the clerk from Florida that likeed my FSU gear.

Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Location is great. There are many restaurants and attractions close by. It is a short walk to the Boston Common, Public Garden, Old State House, Quincy Market, etc. The room was a little small, but we didn't spend a lot of time there so it worked just fine for us. We loved the free water machine on the floor as it was very hot when we visited Boston and we used it every time we returned to the hotel. Housekeeping did a great job of cleaning the room everyday. After full days of sightseeing it was nice to come back to a clean room.

Having an automatic check-in takes the personal touch away. We were there 5 days and were never greeted when we came in. The only time we talked to an actual person was when we checked out. She offered to get us a cab which was nice, however it was an SUV that wasn't labeled as a cab and it cost us $30. We could have taken a regular cab for half that. You expect a little better customer service when you pay that much for a hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor and it was very quiet.
Philly
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed over July 4th weekend. The financial district is dead during this time. Overall this is a nice hotel with decently appointed rooms. I'm sure it's great if you're here by yourself for a business meeting on a Tues. morning. It is not the best choice if you're travelling with your partner or family because that is not what they were aiming to please. The base level rooms and services were simply not designed for families or couples. Still, it's a nice hotel and very clean. We found their staff to be very pleasant and accommodating. The location is excellent and near a T stop.

There is no unloading zone, very annoying in a city where you cannot find a parking space. The rooms here are very small, European, unless you pay for the larger "suite" rooms (they did have a cheap upgrade). The bathrooms are very small, almost "cruise ship" style. They do not have a micro fridge. People travelling on business don't need them since their meals are expensed. They do not have ironing boards, except in the hall closet for sharing. The coffee machine was terrible and they had no decaf K cups.

Our room was above the bar, and subject to bass thumping till 1AM (That is why I give it 3 stars). Steer clear of the 2nd floor rooms if possible, especially the ones over the bar. My wife and I got soaked twice during the rainstorm, and there was no way for us to dry our clothes (no laundromat within 15 min walk either). There was no way for her to ice down her foot either, due to no micro fridge.

Still, overall for what we paid, I'm fine with this place. It's in a great location. I just wanted people to understand this hotel concept and it's pros and cons before booking.

Room Tip: stay away from the 2nd floor, especially above the bar.
2 Thank Matt K