“First-timers, loved it here!”

Club Quarters Hotel in Boston
Ranked #45 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was our first trip to Boston - WHAT AN AMAZING CITY!! We wanted to stay directly in the city and Club Quarters was a perfect location. It is within walking distance of EVERYTHING! I couldn't have imagined staying anywhere else. Even though we stayed in the Financial District, we were there on vacation. The room size was good for 2 people. The bed was kind of hard but we still slept great(maybe from all the walking that is required in Boston!) No issues with noise, great water pressure and temp in the shower, water bottles were a lifesaver! We used about 4/day! The staff were extremely helpful and gave me directions and insights on riding the T. They also made it a point to greet you EVERY time you left and EVERY time you returned. Super nice! We arrived early and they let us check-in several hours before time. We parked in front of the hotel, unloaded, checked-in and took our luggage to the room before parking the car. Took about 5 mins. Then we had to park: the parking situation was weird for me. It's a block away and they give you directions to get to the garage, which was super helpful. In the parking garage, an attendant takes your keys, parks the car for you, and the weird part is that they would not give me my keys back. It wasn't considered valet,. In the end it wasn't a big deal. Everything was fine with the car and I didn't need it anyway. We stayed Friday-Tuesday and it was 91.00 to park.
Something to consider when staying here: the Financial District is a ghost town after 6 pm and all weekend. Some stores and restaurants close to the hotel weren't even open on the weekend. We were 2 females walking late at night and I did notice there was no one around, but I didn't necessarily feel scared. I would definitely stay here again.
FYI - don't feel like you HAVE to ride the T. I finally figured out close to our last day that it was more of a hassle to ride than to walk. Unless you're going a significant distance(Fenway, Harvard) I would plan on walking. Have fun and enjoy the city!

Room Tip: Stayed on seventh floor. No issues at all
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VanAndSarah
Write a ReviewReviews (2,010)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had no idea how unique this hotel was! Loved the water coolers where you can fill the water bottles they give you, And the location could not have been more perfect-right in the middle of town. The gentlemen at the desk, Anew, Are and Sal were particularly helpful and made our stay there that much more enjoyable. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank susieq82850
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is quite nice and conveniently located, but is badly ran. The few times I asked an information the concierge girl behaved annoyed and rude, resulting more than unhelpful (for instance, she gave me incorrect informations on the parking).

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigjim33
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We've stayed in Club Quarters before in Chicago and in London so knew exactly what we were getting. We picked this one largely because of this and for the price - compared to many Boston hotels it was very good value, and includes nice touches like free wifi and water fountains with bottles on every floor. The room was a perfectly reasonable size, though the queen bed is a little small for two. There's a discount on breakfast for hotel guests at the pub next door, and the location is excellent for the blue subway line to the airport - or in fact any subway line to anywhere! Having said that, staying downtown - especially arriving the weekend - was a little bit soulless, and maybe we'd have preferred something a bit more atmospheric in the back bay area or similar… but it was quiet and convenient so really can't complain.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CityGirlCH
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Club Quarters Boston is one of the most modern Club Quarters properties in which I've stayed; during my most recent stay, I was impressed by both the decor and the cleanliness. As with most Club Quarters, the location is wonderful, the staff was helpful, and the room was small but thoughtfully designed and well-appointed. Given that some Club Quarters locations are starting to show their age, I was pleasantly surprised during my May stay at Club Quarters Boston, and I'll definitely return during future business trips to the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Club Quarters was a great choice. Less than a ten minute walk from the South Station train station. Central for business or sightseeing. Literally a two minute walk to the old Statehouse and then a few minutes walk to Faneuil Hall and the tourist core/the Freedom Trail walk and harbour.
The hotel itself was well appointed with a very comfy bed, great workspace, docking station and fresh water to fill bottles on every floor.
Our only complaint was how small the shower stall was because of the placement of the hotel room door and the one adjacent to us - which also lent itself to increased noise.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are the same. We stayed there on a weekend so any traffic noise from the street bel...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night after flying into Boston late at night. I booked through Hotwire and had never heard of the hotel and were impressed from the moment we walked through the doors. The front desk staff was very helpful and we were able to get checked in quickly and off to relax after traveling. The pillows were The best we had ever slept on, I was afraid my husband would steal one. The only disappointment was no regular coffee for the Keurig in our room, only decaf was provided. When I asked at the desk, I was directed to the guest request closet which only had regular coffee for a pot or brewer style pot and no regular cups for the Keurig.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple