“Almost Home”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I recently stayed at Hampton Tupelo in preparation for furniture market in a couple weeks. I was so impressed by the hotel staff that I cancelled my reservations for my 8 night market stay and booked with Hampton Tupelo. They made me feel like family.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

We are glad you felt like family during your stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing. Thank you also for your business and for such a nice review.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel is newer but it has some defects and they should consider a change in staff. The water was scalding hot until it had run through for about 5 minutes. The bathroom door stuck and the beds were very hard which I wouldn't expect in a suite. The breakfast attendant was rude to another guest in my presence and in my opinion, too annoying for customer service. I felt like I was at a waffle house or something. The pool was cloudy too. I always stay with the hotels in this brand since I'm a member and I was greatly disappointed with this location.

1  Thank kimberlyw107
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We do hope the next time you are in area you will consider staying at our hotel and experience our true Hamptonality.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We only chose to stay here because our favorite HGI was being remodeled. Trust your GPS! Do NOT rely on dead reckoning or your instincts to find this place! The hotel is located on a partially completed roadway system way behind the Lowe's and other stores fronting on Gloster Street. The only access point is at the traffic signal for the driveway to the Lowe's store. Significantly, there is NO guide signage to direct you. Once we got a luggage cart, we settled into our suite. Very nice layout, except the A/C unit is in the living room area so that the dividing desk blocks the flow to the bedroom. I guess we could have pulled out the sofa bed and slept there, but we prefer a "real" bed. Noise from other rooms was very distracting.

Room Tip: Book at the HGI down south on Main Street in East Tupelo.
1  Thank gajayhawk

I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly the disruptive noises coming from some of our guests’ suites. I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention so that we can follow-up with our team. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Tucked away behind Lowe's and near the interstate. I did notice that you could hear vehicles from the interstate from time to time, but it wasn't bad. Their gym is better than most hotels I visit. Pool was big. Room was very clean and the staff was very friendly! Breakfast is typical of Hampton Inn, which is a great thing!

Stayed: July 2014
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

We are glad to read you think your room was very clean and the staff was very friendly here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing. Thank you for such a nice review.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had to go to a truck stop to shower. There was absolutely no water pressure..it wouldn't even come out of showerhead. I had 3 rooms for a family reunion none of us had water pressure. They blamed a tankless hot water system but could not fix. We had to go to a truck stop to shower

2  Thank Jennifer F

We’re sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback about the problems you experienced with the water pressure. I’m actively working with our maintenance team to ensure that this is not a problem in the future. We hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

It was very comfortable and relaxing. I would stay there again. The hotel is not on a main street but rather off the path and it was so new I couldn't use my navigation but the directions I had took me right to it. Great hotel. I've never had a bad experience at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

We are glad to read you think our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing is a great hotel. Thank you for such a nice review.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Have never been in a Hampton Inn that wasn't very nice and clean. The staff is very accommodating and answer any travel questions that they can help with. I have stayed at Hampton Inns from many states and never had a problem . They have my continued support. This was a pleasure trip and I selected the Hampton because of having good experiences with work related stays.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your continued business here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing. Your review is greatly appreciated and we look forward to your next visit.