“Underated Hotel a jewel in the buff”
Review of Econo Lodge Tupelo

Econo Lodge Tupelo
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Excellent value, close to all the shopping centers. Could it use a upgrade on furniture, perhaps. Breakfast was excellent selection, waffles, biscuits, juice, toast and more. About 4 miles from Elvis's birthplace. Olive Garden next door and Walmart, Sams all near by. NO bugs, NO smells, just a good room for the $$$$. I've travel the World (photographer) and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Cheryl F, General Manager at Econo Lodge Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

On behalf of our hotel staff, I would like to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise. It is truly rewarding when a guest takes the time to compliment our efforts.

We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

This place is old, dirty, smells and the service is terrible. Booked a non-smoking room, on check-in there were no non-smoking rooms available. The room I was booked into was disgusting. The carpet was dirty, the bathroom was a complete mess. I am not sure how this hotel is even allowed to remain open. There are better hotels in town. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Cheryl F, General Manager at Econo Lodge Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel, and I deeply apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Please allow me to speak with you concerning the issues you faced during your visit. Contact me at 662-840-2380 to allow us another opportunity to make this right. We are in the process of taking steps to enhance our property, I kindly invite you to reach out to me to discuss your review.

Cheryl Foster

Reviewed 21 February 2013

We have stayed here when it was Jameson Inn and had great experiences. Wasn't aware they had changed to Econolodge until we arrived but decided to stay anyway. The room smelled like old chicken and we decided to leave when my son went to the bathroom and roaches were on the toilet. Disgusting! How is this place still open? Got a refund and went over to Quality Inn and was very pleased. Cleaner, nicer bigger rooms and great staff!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Cheryl F, General Manager at Econo Lodge Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Your recent review is greatly appreciated as it helps us improve our hotel. We are in the planning stages and will be taking large steps to enhance our property. your satisfaction is important to us. Your review has been taken seriously and will certainly be evaluated. I apologize that aspects of your visit were rough, but note that we will work to make sure that all future guests will have a great experience.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

The hotel is in an excellent location with plenty of restuarants and shopping within walking distance. The outside looks good but my room wasn't very clean and had a musty smell to it. The bed wasn't very comfortable and the shower and tub weren't very inviting. And with all that, the price was still comparable to much better hotels in the same area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review , your satisfaction means a lot to us. I am sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with our housekeeping service. This issue has been addressed with the Housekeeping Supervisor and staff.We do take our quality of service serious and note every way to improve it. Our goal is to ensure all our guests have a great experience during their stay. I do hope you will visit again and let us show you our improvements, please call 662-840-2380 to discuss further.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

I was hesitant about staying in this hotel to start with because of all the bad reviews but decided to stay anyway because all of our baseball team were staying there too. When we arrived the front desk receptionist was VERY nice and very friendly, as it should being a southern state. She gave us our key and directed us to our room only to find out the room as dirty and had to be cleaned. We went back to the front and got anther one, it was acceptably clean but in my opinoin could have been cleanier. This is an old hotel that desperatly needs a makeover! The picture on he website is very misleading, it is an outside hotel, not inside. The pool was small, and had brown spots in some areas. It just looked dirty. I let my 7 year old daughter swim anyway because all of the ball team were swimming. BIG MISTAKE!! When we got home the next day my daughter complained of an ear ache. Up all night violently crying, I took her to the doctor the next day. She had swimmer's ear. I asked if anyone else had complained of ear pain and two other kids also got swimmer's ear. I absolutly would NOT stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and the encouraging words on behalf of our staff! I do apologize for the dissatisfaction of our Housekeeping Department. We are in the process of taking many steps to enhance our property involving each department.I sincerily apologize and hope you will pay us another visit to prove our sincerity. Please call 662-840-2380 to discuss a visit.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

I have no complaints, the staff here is wonderful! Everyone is so friendly and willing to take care of your every need! They make you feel like you are part of their family right from the beginning! The rooms are nice,quiet, comfortable, and pet friendly! Which made it very easy for us. Price is right, we stayed weekly so became family with everyone here! Close to everything, walking distance to most, like the mall and many restaurants. You dont have to drive to far for the attractions around town as well, like Elvis birthplace, Buffalo Park, Tupelo antique car museum, and more! We will definitely stay here whenever we are in town!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your great review! Im glad you were happy with your decision to stay with us on your visit to TupeloThank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and rating! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our town.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

I have stayed at this Inn a few times over the years - the last trip in 2008 - how things have changed.

The desk staff were disinterested, the maintenance poor, the cleanliness of the room terrible and the breakfast well below par. Very disappointing. I will not be returning.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
jamesoninnTupelo, Manager at Econo Lodge Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel, I am sorry to hear that your stay was so unpleasant. If you ever return to the states and are in our area I hope you will give us the opportunity to change your mind. Thank you for informing me of the areas we need to work on here so that we can correct those areas so that future guests can have a better experience.