“Would stay there again”

Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Climax Springs, Missouri
“Would stay there again”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We were a little leery about staying a this hotel due to some of the reviews. We decided to give it a try due to the convenience to restaurants and shopping. We were pleasantly surprised. It's true that the rooms could use some updating but they were comfortable and clean. One complaint was that the rooms had CRT TVs. Our room had what looked to be a new LG flat panel TV. The people at the front deck were friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay at the Econo Lodge again when we are in Tupelo.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cheryl F, General Manager at Econo Lodge Tupelo, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
On behalf of our hotel staff, I want to let you know how delighted we are to receive you kind words. We work long and demanding hours due to our nature of business and it is truly rewarding when our guest recognizes our efforts. Our goal is to achieve 100% satisfaction from our guest stay with us !

Again thank you for your kindness and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our town!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mobile
Reviewed 11 July 2013

IF You Ever In Tuplo please Dont Stay At The Old Jamers Place Which Is Now Called the Econo Lodge We Had A Very Bad Experince There They Do Not Change The Bedding Eveyday They Said they Change It Every Other day The Bedding Was Nasty And Yellow With Stains The Tub Was Drity There Was Cobb welbs In The Room And Dusty EveryWhere The Pool Was so nasty We could Not get In It Our Room Was Up Stairs And There Were Big Spilders Everywhere u Looked Over Our Head When We Would Go In and Out Of The Room I Was So Scared One Was Gonna Fall On My Head So if u are Not a friend Of Spilders Please Beware If You Stay There We Left For The Day Hopeing Our Room Would Be Nice and Clean When We Got Back But What We saw When We Entered The Room Was Not What We expected The Housekeeper Had not Done Anything But make The Bed With The Same Sheets and PillowCases And Took Out the grabage I was Gonna get a bath But The Bathtub Still Had Skum In It And She Did not even Put Our grabage Can Back in the Room It WAs Still Outside The door And Also I was Down There Drinking Coffee and smokeing When I saw this Lady Pulling out The carts she Was looking Over At The Pool Then She Said The pool Looks lIke It dont Have Enough Water In it So i Said And its nasty To We have not been able to get in It So I Said Yall must Not have anyone To clean it And She Reply No We Dont Come To fined out she WAs The manager and she Was Very Ruled When i ask For a Refund She Said I can Only give U 20.00 Back that she could not give me a full refund i said im not asking for a full refund im asking for onenight thats when she told me she could only do 20.00 and also the sweet girl at the front desk had already told us they did not have no help there and i also talk to the hosekeeper whom said she clean our room i told her to her face she did no such thing the crapet stll had toenails on it where my daughter clipped her sons toenails the bathtub still had skum on it and the bedding was still nasty so now take it from me u do not want to stay there so we checked out and went to the baymont inn where it was very nice thats where i will stay for now own it was very clean even had an indoor pool with a hot tub loved it

Room Tip: there are no good rooms at econo lodge
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bev056763
Cheryl F, General Manager at Econo Lodge Tupelo, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
I am concerned about the experience recently at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for the Housekeeping issues you experienced. Please rest assured that I have reviewed our hotel operations to ensure that this will not occur again. I will be glad to give you a free night stay on your next visit to our town, call me at 662-840-2380 to book this.
Again , please accept my apology. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Tupelo hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 June 2013

....and you won't be disappointed. Although the room itself was pretty standard, there were several problems:

* There was no cold water in the bathroom or sink, only hot. Another client complained of this.
* The wifi was so weak as to be unusable.
* There were no batteries in the room's smoke detector.
* Generally the place looked a bit old and shabby.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank c h
Cheryl F, General Manager at Econo Lodge Tupelo, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Please accept my sincere apology for the problems you faced during your visit. I have discussed this with my staff in regards to the smoke alarm not having batteries, please rest assured that I reviewed our hotel operations. I do apologize concerning the water temperature issue, the Water Company had just replaced our water meter which caused air to fill the lines which affected the temperature for a short time.

Call me at 662-840-2380 to have a chance to review this matter further to try to make things right for you.
Saratoga, California
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Excellent value, close to all the shopping centers. Could it use a upgrade on furniture, perhaps. Breakfast was excellent selection, waffles, biscuits, juice, toast and more. About 4 miles from Elvis's birthplace. Olive Garden next door and Walmart, Sams all near by. NO bugs, NO smells, just a good room for the $$$$. I've travel the World (photographer) and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Cheryl F, General Manager at Econo Lodge Tupelo, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
On behalf of our hotel staff, I would like to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise. It is truly rewarding when a guest takes the time to compliment our efforts.

We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This place is old, dirty, smells and the service is terrible. Booked a non-smoking room, on check-in there were no non-smoking rooms available. The room I was booked into was disgusting. The carpet was dirty, the bathroom was a complete mess. I am not sure how this hotel is even allowed to remain open. There are better hotels in town. Do not stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Cheryl F, General Manager at Econo Lodge Tupelo, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel, and I deeply apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Please allow me to speak with you concerning the issues you faced during your visit. Contact me at 662-840-2380 to allow us another opportunity to make this right. We are in the process of taking steps to enhance our property, I kindly invite you to reach out to me to discuss your review.

Cheryl Foster
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We have stayed here when it was Jameson Inn and had great experiences. Wasn't aware they had changed to Econolodge until we arrived but decided to stay anyway. The room smelled like old chicken and we decided to leave when my son went to the bathroom and roaches were on the toilet. Disgusting! How is this place still open? Got a refund and went over to Quality Inn and was very pleased. Cleaner, nicer bigger rooms and great staff!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Cheryl F, General Manager at Econo Lodge Tupelo, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Your recent review is greatly appreciated as it helps us improve our hotel. We are in the planning stages and will be taking large steps to enhance our property. your satisfaction is important to us. Your review has been taken seriously and will certainly be evaluated. I apologize that aspects of your visit were rough, but note that we will work to make sure that all future guests will have a great experience.

Granite Falls, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 December 2012

The hotel is in an excellent location with plenty of restuarants and shopping within walking distance. The outside looks good but my room wasn't very clean and had a musty smell to it. The bed wasn't very comfortable and the shower and tub weren't very inviting. And with all that, the price was still comparable to much better hotels in the same area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your review , your satisfaction means a lot to us. I am sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with our housekeeping service. This issue has been addressed with the Housekeeping Supervisor and staff.We do take our quality of service serious and note every way to improve it. Our goal is to ensure all our guests have a great experience during their stay. I do hope you will visit again and let us show you our improvements, please call 662-840-2380 to discuss further.