“Fantastic food and friendly, attentive service!”
Review of Blue Canoe

Blue Canoe
Ranked #1 of 195 Restaurants in Tupelo
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Fantastic food and friendly, attentive service!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Took my 10 yo son and husband for dinner while traveling through Tupelo. Both give the smash burger 5 out of 5 stars. The grouper was also outstanding. Impressed with the wonderful flavors using local ingredients from nearby establishments. Husband was thrilled with great variety of local brews. Since we visited during dinner hours, the bar crowd was at a minimum and it was a family- friendly atmosphere. Highly recommend that you eat here while in Tupelo! Don't miss it!

1 Thank braiden7

Northfield, Minnesota
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We checked in our motel late and were glad to find the Blue Canoe just down the road. The person at the desk at the motel suggested we go there. Great advice. We were surprised to find a place we really liked at that hour of the night. The food was excellent and service was friendly.
Wide range of beer offered. A bar atmosphere with really good food.

• Visited March 2014
Bethel Springs, TN
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I went to Tupelo with our 2 girls to take our 9 yr old shopping for her birthday. After looking on TripAdvisor we decided to give it a try for lunch. I had my husband go in first and make sure that it was ok to take kids in (I'm from WI so a tavern/restaurant doesn't bother me...but we wanted to make sure) Happily, he came out and said that there were several families with kids inside!

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Tammy was our server and she was SO helpful helping us decide what to eat. Our 2 girls (ages 9 and 6) ate Rotel Fries. I had a burger and my husband had the Smash Burger with EVERYTHING on it. We both jazzed up our fries and had them with "Crack Dip". My husband also tried 2 different beers from their HUGE selection of local brews (which I have only seen selections that large in WI). We also ordered "Connie's Blueberry Doughnut Bread Pudding" which was also out of this world!

Here is the BEST part (in my opinion)....they buy a LARGE majority of their ingredients....LOCAL. The meat in the Smash burger was from The Neon Pig (Tupelo) the doughnut was local...they STRIVE to buy local!

We will definitely be back! We will also be back to listen to a band on a date night when it's just us (they have a stage and bring in bands in the evenings). Great atmosphere! Good priced! GREAT music on the juke box to boot!

2 Thank AmandaE424
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Bar scene”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

As others have said its a bar atmosphere. If I had read reviews I would have know & wouldn't have stopped since we had our children. But it was raining, they were starving, so we decided to sit in the back, which is outside. It is a bar scene so I can see it being a cool hangout. They had games outside which was neat. It's not a fancy bar so prepare to hang out in a barn like building. Service is lacking they could be more attentive to the outside crowd. As far as food we had the Avacado wedges- yumm, sloppy joe with actual fries made out of real potatoes taste great, grouper sandwich -delicious, the side salad was wonderful not much there but the crisp bacon on top made it yummy. Prices are average. Go if you want to drink some beer & chill out.

Lexington
“Great Burgers”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Loved everything about the Blue Canoe, from the dark, bar-like (but not in a sleazy way) ambience to the great menu and friendly, competent service. The burgers were very good and you can load them up with a variety of options, including fried egg and gravey. They have a good selection of menus items with some non-typical surprises like fried avacado wedges (tried these and don't recommend, even though I'm an avacado lover). I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because a few of the items I tasted weren't that great although well-prepared and with good presentation. Those were the fried avacado wedges and the sloppy joe. Even though the Blue Canoe is also a bar, it is the kind of place that you can take a small child to for lunch, but I don't know about late evening when they have live music if it would be appropriate.