“Terrible customer service”

Ranked #21 of 208 Restaurants in Tupelo
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Life is SWEET at Sweet Peppers Deli! Enjoy delicious sandwiches, soups, salads, flatbread, paninis, potatoes and desserts! Catering and boxed lunches available. Order online and download our Sweet Peppers Deli app!
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch after driving 3 hours from Jackson. The menu is full of "signature" sandwiches, but then it also has a section listing the different types of breads and cheese they offer. I tried to order their turkey sandwich on rye bread and the cashier told me that wasn't an option. When we asked why, she said that it wasn't showing on her screen. Then she called someone else over who proceeded to tell us you could only get rye on large sandwiches. Nowhere is this denoted on their menu, and even if it is, that's lousy customer service. If you can't take some turkey and slap it between two pieces of rye bread, then you will never earn my business. I went next door to Finney's instead. Although their menu is not as extensive, they made my food the way I asked them to.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stopped in for lunch while driving through Mississippi. We had a great lunch. The ingredients were very fresh and tasty. We had salads and sandwiches. The service was also very good. We will certainly stop here again.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Nothing much to say other than food was great, but service could be better. This was just one visit. Staff may be better at other times and our waitress could have been having a rough night. We would go back when visiting Tupelo again.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This restaurant had the same décor and food as Zoes; thus, I am not sure why it is called PEPPERS. In any case, the Taco Salad is HUGE but it is not flavorful. With food and tea, I spent $10.79.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Went for a drive ,ended up in Tupelo ( Elvis.s birthplace) it is a fairly large town .Stopped for lunch in a place I never ate before. Sweet peppers Deli.It was very busy ,with long line ups to order .The ordering is straight forwards.The service very helpful,the table service is also very courteous
And friendly. I ordered a beef sandwich and a house salad with a bottle of water ( $ 13.08 ) a decent price for the meal.My meal was very good , some the other people's meals also looked very tasy,especially the salads.