“Best hotel in Tupelo or anywhere???”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Reviewed 25 May 2012

If any of my friends and family come thru or close to Tupelo, they MUST stay here! My husband and I are beginning a 6 week cross country and back trip and this was our first hotel stay. I'm afraid that we somehow started with the best and the rest are going to be lacking!!! All of the staff are courteous and helpful, the rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable and the hotel was quiet while we were there. Are you ready for the rest? There are GLASSES in the room and COFFEE MUGS - when is the last time you saw that? And when you go to the hot, delicious breakfast BUFFET, you get REAL PLATES and REAL silverware wrapped in LINEN NAPKINS!! There's more - for those who like to have an adult beverage, you can get 2 FREE cocktails, per person not per room, during their happy hour! This was the best hotel stay I have experienced in a very long time and one that you shouldn't miss when you are anywhere CLOSE to Tupelo!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Cindy O

Reviewed 21 April 2012

We generally try to stay at Choice Hotels when we travel. We booked the Clarion sight unseen but based upon very positive reviews in TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. Clean comfortable room, great breakfast, convenient location, friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank OldGIRacer
Reviewed 16 January 2012

At first glance, this hotel seems to be older and perhaps not in the best section of town. Although this being my first visit to Tupelo, I hardly found any other place in town that looked any different. We were greeted pleasantly and our room was spacious enough for our four-person family. My husband and I went to the complimentary happy hour that was run by a very nice woman. I thought they should have furnished more than popcorn with the drinks, but it was free. We asked the front desk clerk, on our way to dinner, if we could have a late checkout. My husband had a business luncheon to attend and I wanted to be able to stay at the hotel with my two sons. The desk clerk was lovely and said that would not be a problem and told us we could have a checkout time of 2 p.m. The next day at breakfast, my family got to the free breakfast buffet about 8:30 a.m. It was the usual assortment of waffles, scrambled eggs, biscuits and grits. There was a container that had two slices of ham. I asked the hostess on duty if she would be bringing out some more. She said the hotel did not have any more and that was all of the ham she had. I was astonished. The hotel was not very full and it was the middle of the week. If I were the hotel, I would have gone to the grocery store and purchased more ham for the buffet rather than tell my guests there wasn't any. Other people came in after us and looked askance at the rather brief buffet. We ate what they had and returned to our room. About 11 a.m. we received a phone call from the front desk asking us to take off the "Do Not Disturb" sign from our door so that the maid could clean. Regular checkout time is at noon. We told her that we had been given a later checkout time of 2 p.m. She said there was no notice of this on the computer, but did say she could honor the other desk clerk's agreement. I walked to the front desk to confirm this in person and she was very nice about it. In all, the staff at the hotel was very nice, although I do believe if you tell a guest he/she has a later checkout, then you should note that on their account. Also, they need to make sure they have plenty of food for the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank sherrikw
Reviewed 7 November 2011

An excellent value, spacious rooms, nice amenities, and the best breakfast I have ever had in a hotel. Super friendly staff. No disappointments.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank mrob1515
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Hidden behind Conf. Center this Hotel catered to guest satisfaction. 2 free drinks tickets per person in nicely appointed bar/breakfast area. along with freshly cooked popcorn (thanks Jo) the very nice lady that was bartending.
The rooms were slightly dated but were very nice large flat screen tv, fridge,microwaves
2 free bottles of water were in each fridge and you could ask for more and they would deliver to room.(nice touch)
The price of these rooms$73.80 +taxesand the goal to make their guests happy was a real GEM

Room Tip: all of our group stayed in part of Hotel with Lobby other part of Hotel has pool and King rooms
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank KayseN
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I booked this hotel when other nicer hotels (Hilton Garden and Hampton Inn Tupelo) were booked. To get to the hotel, I had to drive through the parking lots of the two adjoining, less savory motels. They were run down and I got very nervous. The Clarion is the nicest of the three properties but still nothing to write home about. It is tired. The room was tidy but plain. The smell of cleaner was overwhelming. The turn down notice on the bed had smeared lipstick and chunks of dried food on it. The ice machine and toilet were very noisy and woke me up several times in the night. No pool either but you can use the motel's pool next door if you want to. Staff seemed friendly at least!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2011

This Clarion was in a lot with 1 or 2 other hotels and not the most thrilling place in the world. But it was fine, nice staff, funny happy hour where you can get two free drinks in their little bar, hanging with the locals and guests was amusing. I didn't really eat their breakfast cuz I was on my way to somewhere else but the bit of biscuits and gravy I had was awesome. They have a guitar shaped pool but I didn't swim my one nite there. Some cute stuff in Tupelo.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo