Clarion Inn
US$130
Hampton.com
US$98
US$93
Red Roof Inn Tupelo(Tupelo)(Great Value!)
US$58
Red Roof
US$97
HolidayInn.com
US$71
All reviewsper guestsunken tubroom was cleanwafflessausagebiscuitsrefrigerator and microwavewould stay here againfront desk staffsummitelvishighwayclerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The hotel is dated as stated by others ,but seems to be well maintained.
The room I was assigned is Huge and clean.
Flat panel lcd,fridge,micro,desk,lots of drawer space and the bathroom is updated.
Staff is great and the free breakfast is hot and good.

Wifi is pretty fast in comparison to other places I stay.

Oh and a wall of mirrors in this room along with some cushioned things at the foot of the bed....I guess a person and their significant other could figure out what to do with that combination ;)

My only negative is that this is a NO SMOKING Hotel. :(

For the price,yeah I am a fan in Rm 602.

Room Tip: 602 is huge and Handicap accessible. This is a NO SMOKING Hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank CarolinaCoopers
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I had a great stay at the Clarion. Sure, it is old...but to me that was what made it unique. It's dim lighting and redish color reminded me of a grand old hotel in the movies. The building has a lot of character.

They were very generous when it came to food. They offer free popcorn, and they also had a great breakfast. With, sausage, buscuits & gravy, eggs, grits, pastries, they had it all. We traveled all over the south on this trip and this was the best breakfast we had.

The room was nice as well. They had a flat screen TV, nice comfy beds with thick sheets, and good internet speed. It was quiet the entire night as well.

The location isn't the greatest though. If you don't have good eyes, you might never find the tiny sign pointing to the hotel. This hotel is behind a lot of buildings, so make sure you know where it is in advance. The location is terrible.

Overall for the price and value, this is an excellent hotel. I am very impressed with this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher story floor. The basement level didn't look inviting.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank tiger711
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My husband and I recently stayed in the Clarion in Tupelo, MS as a stop on the way driving the Natchez Trace. The staff was excellent, however, the place is so old and run down. The beds were clean, but the bathroom was so awful, I would not even take a bath. I asked for a room on the 1st floor, however, I didn't know 1st floor meant basement dungeon! We drove around to the back to enter the room as the front portion of the hotel was under ground. The outside of the hotel looks nice, but looks can be deceiving. There were hardly any plug ins. My husband dug behind the TV for an worn out looking power strip. The furniture was worn out looking although the carpet looked fairly new as well as the bedding. Back to the bathroom...the old varnished in the 1960's door looked like someone had literally burst through it by the lock and they had repaired it. The commode moved when you sit down, and the bathtub was just YUCK! Ceiling in bathroom was of the drop down nature...who knows what was lurking above!!!! Knobs off the air conditioner controls. I am a Choice Priviledge member and stay at Choice Hotels quite often, but this certainly does not meet Choice Hotels standards. They need to remodel or close the doors!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! If you must, don't stay in the basement.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Slm1206
Reviewed 25 May 2012

If any of my friends and family come thru or close to Tupelo, they MUST stay here! My husband and I are beginning a 6 week cross country and back trip and this was our first hotel stay. I'm afraid that we somehow started with the best and the rest are going to be lacking!!! All of the staff are courteous and helpful, the rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable and the hotel was quiet while we were there. Are you ready for the rest? There are GLASSES in the room and COFFEE MUGS - when is the last time you saw that? And when you go to the hot, delicious breakfast BUFFET, you get REAL PLATES and REAL silverware wrapped in LINEN NAPKINS!! There's more - for those who like to have an adult beverage, you can get 2 FREE cocktails, per person not per room, during their happy hour! This was the best hotel stay I have experienced in a very long time and one that you shouldn't miss when you are anywhere CLOSE to Tupelo!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Cindy O
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We generally try to stay at Choice Hotels when we travel. We booked the Clarion sight unseen but based upon very positive reviews in TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. Clean comfortable room, great breakfast, convenient location, friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family