Clarion Inn
US$111
US$108
US$134
US$125
Red Roof Inn Tupelo(Tupelo)(Great Value!)
US$59
All reviewsper guestsunken tubroom was cleanwafflessausagebiscuitsrefrigerator and microwavewould stay here againfront desk staffsummitelvishighwayclerk
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Honestly no complaints, one of the best in affordability and quality. The room was clean, beds were very comfortable, shower pressure was great and the breakfast was awesome. I will definitely stay here again when in the area. The location is not too good at all but once we found it everything else was very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
MS247Tupelo, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Tupelo. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our property and accommodations. We appreciate your kind comments and hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This hotel is trying soooo hard but it is older. We were booked here for the labor day weekend. Got there and it just wasn't good but not the worst place. We checked out our rooms. Just kind of creepy/dingy.....The smell ??? and the humidifier was running which tells me they have some moisture problems. The room was previously the "sweetheart" suite in a previous life. A big RED sunken in tub with 2 shower heads (like 2 people at the same time) and a big window right in front of the shower with a sheer window covering and the other side of the window was the bed. Not enough privacy for a family. The bed looked very comfortable and nice quality. The front desk was super nice. Their hotel breakfast area and bar area looked very nice as well. They share a parking lot with the Rodeway and they share the same pool. We were staying there with friends but their room did not fit their situation based on what they read online (they thought they were getting a separate bedroom area from the living area - A true SUITE) and since they were leaving and picking a different place, we followed them and I was glad to go.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
MS247Tupelo, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

I would like to apologize for failing to meet your standards and expectations during your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you had problems with your room, if informed our desk agent would have been happy to move you to another room.

The "humidifier" was actually an air purifier, we put it in the room because the room is close to our breakfast area and it relieves the food aroma. I am sorry the room type was not appropriate for your family, but after reviewing your file and your "friends" you both booked the rooms on Choicehotels.com were a description and pictures of the rooms is clearly available.

We appreciate your feedback even though you did not stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is an older hotel that is behind a closed hotel and I found the location a little creepy. The staff was friendly but the hotel was really dated. I had double beds and one of them had a hair on the sheets and the soap holder in the shower looked to be on its last leg. The breakfast was really good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
MS247Tupelo, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at our Clarion Inn in Tupelo. I am very sorry about the problems you encountered during your visit. I wish you would have called this to the attention of one of our staff members, so we could have corrected the issues with your guest room. I have personally made sure that all staff members in maintenance and housekeeping have read your review and know the importance of details in our rooms.

I am very glad to hear that your enjoyed your breakfast and the friendliness of our staff. Once again we are sorry to disappoint you and we hope to have another chance to please you during you next trip to Tupelo.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

This is a very nice older hotel situated behind a Rodeway Inn. The staff were pleasant and helpful, the room was clean and cool. You get a micro, fridge, and flat screen. Bathroom was tiny but well cleaned. The breakfast was complementary and was excellent. Scrambled eggs, sausage (brat style), biscuit, waffles, cereal, bagels, juices, & coffee. It was a nice quiet one night stay. I travel a lot and see a lot of nice hotels and this place is a great value for what you get. The only drawback was they share a parking lot with the Rodeway and that's not a high class establishment.

• Stayed: July 2013
MS247Tupelo, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at our Clarion Inn in Tupelo. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast buffet. We appreciate your business and kind remarks. We hope you stay with us again during your next visit to Tupelo.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I travel often, and typically I have no choice of the hotels I work in. Clarions are at the BOTTOM of my list; they are the dingiest, dirtiest, most poorly managed chain I have encountered. I'm hard-pressed to give them a "1" rating.

This Clarion is DIFFERENT. It still has some of the Clarion trademarks--stained upholstery and soiled carpeting, for instance--but our room had a very comfy king bed [unusual at a Clarion], a granite-appointed bath, a granite-appointed kitchenette, two sink areas [one in the bath and another adjacent to the closet], and a HUGE amount of space.

Staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel offered "happy hour" with 2 free drinks per guest in the evening and a hot/cold breakfast in the morning, for the low rate of about $85 per night! We were able to use the biz center computer and copier at no charge.

This is clearly an older facility, and they've worked hard to update it. The only real complaint we had was the air conditioning. Our AC unit was so loud that every time it kicked on, it woke us up! Other than that, if you want a comfortable bed for a night or two in Tupelo, put the Clarion on your short list.

Room Tip: Clarion's registration desk, which you enter at parking-lot level, is considered the sixth floor! I know--this sounds really odd!!! Our room was on the 6th floor--just around the corner from the registration desk. We were working at the Summit Center [a separate building, down a slight grade from the Clarion]. It is considered level #4. The Rodeway Inn, which shares parking lots and Summit Center access with the Clarion, has floors numbered 1, 2, and 3 [I think ... this is a bit too esoteric for me...]. Anyway, if you're staying at the Clarion and want to be on the same floor as registration, the lounge, and the breakfast restaurant, you want to be on LEVEL SIX. So if you want a "ground" floor room at the Clarion, you want a room on the 6th floor!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
MS247Tupelo, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

I would like to thank you for staying at our Clarion Inn during your visit to Tupelo. I am very happy that you were overall satisfied with your stay and accommodations. I was disappointed to hear about the noisy air conditioner that bothered you, but I am happy to inform you that the problem has been fixed since your stay. I welcome you back to our Clarion Inn and hope we have another chance to please you soon.