“Great appetizer menu”

Vanelli's
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our problem when we go to an Italian Restaurant, I want several item off the menu and usually can't make up my mind. So we go to the Appetizers. Calamari was excellent, the onion rings were great and the Greek cheese and spinach pie was super.Did I mention this is a Greek and Italian Restaurant, which also has a large Beer selection. Like the art work on the walls also.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We've eaten at Vanelli's several times in the past and usually thought it was great. Not tonight. The service was fine, and the meal was copious (we brought two to-go boxes home with us). However, what we got tasted pretty ordinary, which is not what we want when we eat out, as we don't eat out very often. My wife and I split a grilled tilapia dish, with steamed broccoli and tossed salad. The fish was pretty bland, and the broccoli had no seasoning. The salad was okay, and the blue cheese dressing was excellent. I got a ravioli dish, which wasn't as good as I remembered. The men's bathroom was a mess. We just had water to drink, and the total bill was about $32 with tip.

1  Thank psychprofessor
Reviewed 4 March 2014

When this restaurant moved from their original they lost their true identity. The food now is average with many of the dishes tasting the same. Their Greek salad is good but the pizza is just average.

1  Thank Alexander B
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Vanellis has always been a favorite for me and my friends. The chicken tetrazinni is the best I have ever had anywhere. They also make the best pizzas in town. From the buffet and warm dining area to across the way to the bar with live entertainment perfect for Beer and Pizza (or the great appetizers try the fried raviolli). If you want to find a little slice of Tupelo heart there is only one place that sums it all up nicely and that's here.

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Just ok. Had the Greek salad and it was very salty. The pizza was good. Otherwise it's an average place