“Stay away from the week-end buffet”
Review of Vanelli's Bistro

Vanelli's Bistro
Ranked #11 of 209 Restaurants in Tupelo
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Greek/Italian Scratch Cooking Bistro, 3rd and 4th generation family operated. Started in Athens Greece in the 1920's relocated to United States and been in Tupelo, MS since 1975. Peace / vOz Vanelli
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My family and I were traveling through Tupelo and were anxious to stop at Vanelli's for dinner. We previously dined here before about 2 years ago but on a week-night. We had Greek salads which were delicious. This time, though, we had the buffet since it was a Saturday night. The waitress recommended it telling us about the four entrees and vegetables and salad bar. The salad bar was great but the buffet entrees were tasteless. Even the apple cobbler, which came with the buffet, was inedible. We left very disappointed and sad because we will not be coming back the next time we are in Tupelo.

1  Thank Mimi2341

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Vanelli's has the best pizza I've ever had. Their House Pizza is wonderful! And Papa Vanelli hosts singers and songwriters every Monday night, which showcases local talent from near and far. I recommend this place to anyone for a romantic night or to just hang out with some friends. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our problem when we go to an Italian Restaurant, I want several item off the menu and usually can't make up my mind. So we go to the Appetizers. Calamari was excellent, the onion rings were great and the Greek cheese and spinach pie was super.Did I mention this is a Greek and Italian Restaurant, which also has a large Beer selection. Like the art work on the walls also.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We've eaten at Vanelli's several times in the past and usually thought it was great. Not tonight. The service was fine, and the meal was copious (we brought two to-go boxes home with us). However, what we got tasted pretty ordinary, which is not what we want when we eat out, as we don't eat out very often. My wife and I split a grilled tilapia dish, with steamed broccoli and tossed salad. The fish was pretty bland, and the broccoli had no seasoning. The salad was okay, and the blue cheese dressing was excellent. I got a ravioli dish, which wasn't as good as I remembered. The men's bathroom was a mess. We just had water to drink, and the total bill was about $32 with tip.

1  Thank psychprofessor
Reviewed 4 March 2014

When this restaurant moved from their original they lost their true identity. The food now is average with many of the dishes tasting the same. Their Greek salad is good but the pizza is just average.

1  Thank Alexander B