“Smelled awful”
Review of Motel 6 Tupelo

Motel 6 Tupelo
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Traveling cross country alone with 2 kids and a cat I didn't want to venture into Memphis. Area seems safe but the hotel was gross. Filthy bathroom and carpet. Room smelled like ammonia and made our eyes burn. Not even a blanket, just a sheet and bedspread.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank G B
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Tupelo

Reviewed 23 August 2012

This is a clean motel, nothing fancy but a cheap nights stay when we were in the area for business! Only coffee in the morning but easy to get to a coffee shop. Will stay there again, good cheap place to hang your hat. Just ask for anything and they take care of it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bushy55
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I did not have high hopes for this motel. I was on a budget and merely needed a place to sleep. There is no coffe pot in the room. I brought my own from home. There is no breakfast served, but I knew that before booking it. I paid $49 a night for a king bed room. It was fine. The room was clean, bedding appeared clean. I did not use it however, I brought my own. I would do this for any hotel or motel ever since the bed bug issue came about. Carpet had some stains but no big deal. Pool was open and clean. Staff was friendly any time I saw them. Overall I would say it is worth the $49 a night if you just need a place to lay your head.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I stayed in this Motel 6 for one night in early June 2012. I'm not very picky when it comes to cleanliness and all of the "extra" ammenities. However, I would not choose to stay in this hotel again. Our room was located directly underneath a stairwell and we could hear every step that anyone made. Throughout the night, we were woke up by loud noises repeatedly. At one point, in the middle of the night, glass beer bottles were shattered outside of our room. Other times, people seemed to gather outside of our room to have LOUD conversations. The room did not include any extras, such as a hair dryer or shampoo. The room cleanliness was fair, but not the best by any means. However, this was an affordable room, which was a benefit. But, it would have been nice to sleep at some point during the one-night stay.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a cheap hotel, this is an option. However, I would suggest requesting an upp...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J-Me-82
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

Wandered in late after a long drive, paid rack rate of 45 for a king bed. Bed was good, a faint stain on the top cover and on the carpet, but nothing too bad, bathroom was clean. Carpet needs better attention around the furniture and corners, but for the price it's ok. Seemed safe, families were staying here. I've paid more for less; I rate this place 2.5 if I could.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank redlandfd
Reviewed 29 February 2012

On the weekend of Feb 25,2012 .We was traveling an decided to stay at the Motel6 in Tupelo to try a Motel6 again .The room was clean the bed was comfortable new paint the only complaint would be the TV was kinda old and out dated but it worked. The Hot water work the toilet flushed .So over all it was worth the price for a nights sleep. and Free WiFi

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2012

The workers cant speak English. They left a broken part of a something in our room. Burns and stains all over the carpet and beds. Bathroom was not the cleanest.

• Stayed: February 2012