“Not what I expected - in a BAD way!”
Review of Days Inn Tupelo

Days Inn Tupelo
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Not what I expected - in a BAD way!”
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Stayed overnight one night on our way from FL to OK with two kids. About 2 miles from I-78/future I-22. The Days Inn was listed in the AAA MS handbook for 2010, so I thought at the very least it would be decent. Was very disappointed, especially in comparison to the Days Inn in Springfield, MO (which is AMAZING).

Positives:
* Our dog could stay - for an extra $20. And they gave us a $10 discount when I mentioned that La Quinta (where we should have stayed) gives a 10% room discount to Sam's Club members.
Negatives:
* I called before we arrived to find out the price of the room. Price quoted on phone: $63 + taxes. Price given to me in person (didn't find out until I checked out b/c no receipt was given prior): $70 + taxes.
* Smoke alarm hanging by wires from ceiling.
* No light covers in bathroom. Could see inside ceiling/ceiling could see inside bathroom...a little creepy.
* Sink countertop was beginning to separate from wall.
* Bedroom lighting was limited.
* Toilet handle had to be held for 10 seconds to flush.
* Had a one year old, but forgot the pack-n-play. Called front desk to see if we could use/rent a crib/pack-n-play/whatever and was told to "go to Walmart and buy one."
* Cable is through a cable box. Child pressed button on TV, cable stopped working, and there were no instructions on how to fix it. Called the front desk and was walked through how to fix cable - like I was an idiot. (Most hotels I stay at don't have cable boxes; there's just a cable into the TV...but I guess I should've known how their TV worked?)
* No fruit or eggs available at breakfast - just starches (cereal, bagels, biscuits, and waffles). Not much for a one year old to eat. And no highchairs or booster seats for the kids.

Overall: room basically looked like a seedy motel room worth about $40-$45 night. It looked like management put forth very minimal effort to keep hotel operational at best.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mississippi
Reviewed 15 February 2009

I stay in Days Inns several times a year and this was my most disappointing experience to date. I always travel with my pets. No where on the website was there a mention of having to pay $20 per stay per pet. There was a tiny sign announcing this fee hidden behind an obstacle on the front desk that was only pointed out to me when I checked out. Every other Days Inn I have ever stayed in let my pets stay for free.

Upon check-in the light out front was out. It was raining and I arrived after dark so I drove around for about a half hour looking for the place. Tried to call but the line was perpetually busy or not answered. However, the check-in person was friendly and got the sign fixed once it was brought to her attention that there was a problem.

We stayed in a "handicapped" room. It was very difficult to get hot water out of the shower--we got it to run lukewarm at best after several minutes. The handheld handicapped part of the shower head did not work at all.

This hotel was not located near any decent restuarants and traffic in this small town is HORRIFIC in the mall and restuarant areas!!

Stayed February 2009
2 Thank LovetoGo69
BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA
Reviewed 1 June 2008

The rooms were VERY DIRTY! The carpet was filthy!! The pillow cases, sheets, towels, etc were dirty/dingy!! I would not allow my kids to go barefoot. Did not get the opportunity to move because they would charge our credit card therefore we tuffed it out. Luckily we travel with our own pillows. There were little knats in the room. I could go on and on and on. We left VERY EARLY the next morning. Other people in other rooms had the same complaints. The front desk was nice and could only say that she would get onto the housekeeping staff. They need to pull up all of the carpet and bedding and bathroom equipement and START OVER....Housekeeping can't help it's to far gone. My advice is if you just need somewhere to lay your head take your own pillow, wear socks and leave as soon as day light hits!!! DAYS INN can do better than that. Come on this is 2008!!!!!! The previous reviews were a couple of years ago and things hadn't changed!! I read the previous reviews but had not seen an updated review therefore took a chance on it being better..NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — THE DIRT!!
  • Stayed May 2008
2 Thank SOFTBALLMOM23
mississippi
Reviewed 8 May 2007

This was the dirtiest hotel that I have ever visited. There were dust
bunnies hanging from the ceiling and in the folds of the curtains. My
non-smoking room has numerous cigarette burns on the edge of the bathtub. And there was MOLD growing on the bathtub curtain. My non-smoking room smelled so badly of smoke that I had to go outside to breath at 3 am. I fled this place for another hotel at twice the price rather than try to spend another night in this pit.

• Liked — there is nothing to like here
  • Disliked — everything - starting with how filthy it is!
  • Stayed March 2006
1 Thank mscostumelady
United States
Reviewed 13 October 2006

Where do I begin .... A) Go out the driveway and go down the street to another motel because you'll be sorry if you stay here.
B) Wallpaper is stained, torn, dusty, moldy, peeling.
C) Carpet and mirrors are dirty.
D) Holes in the walls; scuffs and all kinds of other stains and unfinished drywall patches.
E) Towel bar in bathroom is bent.
F) Sheets and pillowcases are dirty, stained, torn.
G) Dead bugs and old popcorn.
H) Styrofoam cups for the non-existant coffee had holes in them.
I) Floor lamp shade cracked. Shades on all lamps very dusty and cob-webby.
J) The beds are old and icky and lumpy.
K) I'm sure there's more .... I just don't have the time to list EVERYTHING.
L) The Front Desk Lady was very nice ... it just goes all downhill from there.

By the way, I'm not taking a shower nor am I giving my daughter a bath. We're both wearing socks to bed and I'm keeping my RAID and Lysol wipes handy.
I'm praying morning comes quickly. I'd been driving for 13 hours and was hoping for somewhere nice and clean to stay ... boy did I make a mistake.

• Liked — The Driveway Exit
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Skip this place
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank ButtercupsMom
Indiana
Reviewed 8 October 2006

I was in town due to a family emergency. After traveling 12 hours to get to my destination, all I wanted was a nice, clean room to relax in. The front desk clerk was friendly enough, no problem there, but when I got into the room, it was quite run down and in need of major repair.

There were scuff marks on the wall, the hand towel bar beside the sink was no longer there. The holes left in the wall from where the towel rack had been was patched with drywall mud. The mud wasn't sanded down or painted over, but rather it looked as if someone took a spoon and slapped it in the holes. The main sleeping area had spots of the same slopping of drywall to patch the holes in the wall.

A coffee maker was in the room however, they don't provide you with the coffee, at least our room didn't.

Other family members were in the room next to mine and when I went in, there's was even worse than mine.

The continental breakfast left a lot to be desired. If you like Little Debby Pin Wheels and mini bagels, that was about it. Sure they had cereal for the kids, Rice Krispies and Corn Flakes and I'm sure some folks like those cereals, but I expected at least donuts or a danish or something.

Needless to say, after 2 dreadful nights in this hotel, I moved down the road to another, for the remainder of my stay.

I've never had a bad experience with Days Inn and always considered them to be good, but this one my friend, isn't worth what you pay.

I don't recommend this hotel if what you are looking for cleanliness. The pictures are deceiving.

Not impressed, whatsoever.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Cleanliness and general upkeep/maintenance of rooms.
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go.
  • Stayed September 2006
1 Thank Law27
Vleuten, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 October 2005

This hotel was one of the better Day's Inn hotels we've experienced last 2 years.
The people were extremely friendly and helpfull.
They had about 10 rooms for the hurricane victims when we stayed here and there was also a table with food and other things for the victims. Really amazing how friendly the people are.
We stayed only one night and we enjoyed the pool, the free to use internet pc in the lobby and the breakfast.
We payed 54,63 (incl tax) for one night