Stayed overnight one night on our way from FL to OK with two kids. About 2 miles from I-78/future I-22. The Days Inn was listed in the AAA MS handbook for 2010, so I thought at the very least it would be decent. Was very disappointed, especially in comparison to the Days Inn in Springfield, MO (which is AMAZING).
* Our dog could stay - for an extra $20. And they gave us a $10 discount when I mentioned that La Quinta (where we should have stayed) gives a 10% room discount to Sam's Club members.
* I called before we arrived to find out the price of the room. Price quoted on phone: $63 + taxes. Price given to me in person (didn't find out until I checked out b/c no receipt was given prior): $70 + taxes.
* Smoke alarm hanging by wires from ceiling.
* No light covers in bathroom. Could see inside ceiling/ceiling could see inside bathroom...a little creepy.
* Sink countertop was beginning to separate from wall.
* Bedroom lighting was limited.
* Toilet handle had to be held for 10 seconds to flush.
* Had a one year old, but forgot the pack-n-play. Called front desk to see if we could use/rent a crib/pack-n-play/whatever and was told to "go to Walmart and buy one."
* Cable is through a cable box. Child pressed button on TV, cable stopped working, and there were no instructions on how to fix it. Called the front desk and was walked through how to fix cable - like I was an idiot. (Most hotels I stay at don't have cable boxes; there's just a cable into the TV...but I guess I should've known how their TV worked?)
* No fruit or eggs available at breakfast - just starches (cereal, bagels, biscuits, and waffles). Not much for a one year old to eat. And no highchairs or booster seats for the kids.
Overall: room basically looked like a seedy motel room worth about $40-$45 night. It looked like management put forth very minimal effort to keep hotel operational at best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Days Inn Tupelo hotel situated in rural Mississippi, near BancorpSouth Arena is the ideal spot for your vacation. Our location near Highway 45 and free parking for your car, truck or RV makes it easy to visit popular. You'll feel right at home in the clean, spacious rooms with many amenities. The cozy rooms at this family-friendly Tupelo hotel offer cable satellite television with HBO(R), a coffee maker, a microwave, a refrigerator and free Wi-Fi. Want to bring your four-legged family member along? We also accept pets at this Mississippi hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Tupelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tupelo Days Inn