“One night stay on way to Memphis.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tupelo
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Worksop Notts
“One night stay on way to Memphis.”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Arrived earlier than usual check in time due to one hour time change and an early start. Patricia on reception went out of her way to find us a room which was ready so we could check in. A very helpful lady. Room was clean and comfortable but carpet was perhaps ready for changing as it was quite marked. Breakfast was very nice with good choices.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stopped here on our way to Gulf Shores, the staff was very friendly especially for being so busy at 10pm at night. The rooms were clean. The hotel itself was very well kept also. Breakfast buffet was good. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank amolitor
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I came to Tupelo to work for the week. I made sure to select this Holiday Inn as I saw that it was a good place. I really liked the décor and was particularly impressed that they had an actual gym. They had several treadmills and ellipticals and even had heavy dumbbells and a bench. I thoroughly enjoyed working out in the evening. The room was nice even though I was put on the first floor, which I never particularly like. The breakfast was good and the bed was comfortable. I am scheduled to be back in Tupelo in November and I am already making my reservation to stay here again.

I did notice that the front desk computers can run a little slow so it can get busy on Mondays and Fridays in checking in/checking out.

Also, the wireless is not secure so be careful what you upload, search, etc.

Room Tip: Parking in the front fills up quick.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Findlay, OH
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I made an unplanned trip through Tupelo to see some friends and needed to get a room for the night. I called the HIE direct and the clerk was pleasant and helpful. She hooked me up with a room and at a descent price. You never know what price you may be quoted when calling the same evening for a room. I felt i received a fair price and was not disappointed when i arrived. It was your typical HIE and the room and breakfast were just as i expected. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Set back some from Gloster Street. Turn on Spicer and back to the little cul de sac (McClure Cove) This would be about my 2nd or 3rd stay at this hotel. They have a nice manager's "meet and greet" at 5-7p with popcorn and beer and a sweet big screen. If you're on a business trip during the week, then this has got to be the place. Popular breakfast and it can get busy. The room was some huge "sultan of poo-poo" king suite on the 3rd floor with a mile high ceiling. I could not have harbored a complaint. This whole area on Gloster is about to experience a hotel contruction explosion, as I saw one or two buildings going up on the way in. Some close in Dinner options has Vanelli's and an Outback at the corner with Gloster. An easy walk. I've done Outback 2x and may make Vanelli's next trip. A Good Stop.

Room Tip: 3rd floor on the back side.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed 16 September 2013

When we checked in the front desk clerk seemed really confused about a lot of things. She got us checked in none the less. But we left the front desk wondering about our stay here. The Hotel was a little hard to find since it is off set from the road quite a bit. It is a little hard to turn left on Glotsner rd during the busy times of the day.

Once we got to our room it was nice. We did not hear any road noise which was surprising since we were relatively close. There was instant HOT water so be careful. It felt great in the shower though because some hotels it takes a while to heat the water up.

The bed was comfortable and there was a flat screen TV with a lot of channels provided by Direct TV. They actually had Multiple HBO channels and other movie channels that were free as well. If you wanted order a movie that was available too. The internet how ever was slow. It was faster to use my mobile hotspot on my phone than to use their internet.

There was a small pool. It wasn't very inviting because there were so many people smoking out there. The breakfast area was so crowded that people were bumping into each other. It felt claustrophobic. There was hot cinnamon buns and milk and an assortment of other continental breakfast type foods. Over all okay but too crowded.

I asked to have our room cleaned the following day and more towels and such but they failed to do so. We had even called the front desk. Upon leaving the hotel the staff did call and let us know that we had left behind a folder. We didn't need the folder but it was great on the part of housekeeping/the staff that they called to notify us. That is big as far as courtesy goes.

It would be a toss up if I stayed here again. Determining factors would include Room Rate, Location of next Tupelo visit, and what size rooms were available.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hardy, Arkansas
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Used free IHG night, so can't say about cost. But loved the hotel! Very clean room and common areas, super nice King suite - big and had vaulted ceiling, good size bathroom, friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast, with typical HIE fare but really fresh and good. Highly recommend if in Tupelo. Great location on the main drag close to lots of restaurants and midway between shopping mall area to the north and downtown/tourist attractions to the south. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2013