“Very tired property”

Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Brentwood, United States
“Very tired property”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The property has been redecorated, and modestly remodled, but it still very much shows its age. Rooms are small, carpets are stained and should be replaced, and some of the furniture needs significant cleaning or replacement. The overall impression is one of a rather shabby property that dates back to the 1960's or early 70's.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
coldwater, ms, United States
Reviewed 18 April 2014

From the time I checked in the staff made me feel like a guest in their home, not a customer in a hotel. Polite, friendly, comfortable. I liked my stay so much I booked another Hampton in a different city for my next trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Okc, Ok
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel was easy to find and located very close to Highway 78. The room did not have any smells and had an adequate size. The lobby was nice with the staff very friendly. They were very nice and gave a complete list of places to eat with their own recommendations. Overall good stay and I would recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Memphis, TN, United States
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This Hampton appears to be at the bottom of the Hampton's standard. Roomsdoors open to the outside like you are at a motel. Walls are thin between roooms. Bathrooms are small... If I stay at a Hampton Inn the next time I am in Tupelo I will be staying at the other Hampton Inn

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Tupelo, United States
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was put into a smoking room without being informed. Smoking rooms were the only types available, and I would have stayed elsewhere if I knew that. The staff offered no apologies from staff for this big error. This room cost $10/night more than the Hilton Garden Inn across town, but it was a far worse experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ANGELA T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tupelo, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
I am sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory while you were in town. We do strive to make sure that our guests needs are met with the most utmost respect. I do apologize that we were not able to accommodate you with the non-smoking room type. We do hope that you will consider giving us a second chance if you are ever in the Tupelo area again on your travels
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We frequently stay at Hampton Inn, and are normally quite satisfied. This particular HI was overall pretty good, but it has a separate annex, and our room was in that. Upon entering it, there was a slight smell that was less than pleasant, especially for the sensitive noses in my family. It was late enough that we didn't want to bother trying to get a different room, so I don't know how the staff would have responded if we had reported it. I remembered later that Hampton has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but didn't think it was bad enough to claim that. Sleeping was comfortable, which was the main thing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank 945BrianA
The staff and I do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. Had we been aware of the situation we would have gladly accommodated the request for you. We do hope that if you are ever in the area again that you will visit us again.
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 26 March 2014

When in Tupelo, Ms be sure and experience real southern hospitality at the Hampton on McCullough Blvd. Breakfast is Great, Pool nice and clean, rooms spacious and clean, and its not far from some great food.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business