“A solid stay, but service is a bit lax.”
Review of Courtyard Tupelo

Courtyard Tupelo
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I have stayed here before, the people are always nice and, as a whole, all meets expectations. Rooms are a good size. Lobby is nice. However, the WiFi is pretty slow and the plumbing is really showing its age. The cleaning service is hit or miss whether they will get to your room before 6pm or not. Although they ( the entire staff) are not going to work very hard at serving you, they do it with a smile!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank bheckman
Scott S, General Manager at Courtyard Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

BHeckman,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to Tripadvisor. I have just been assigned to manage this property and want to apologize for the less than expected services at the Courtyard Tupelo. I have met with our housekeeping department and asked them to commit to improve in their services. I have explained how important their role is with providing outstanding service to each and every guest. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we truly appreciate your valued business. With so many selections in Tupelo, we sincerely appreciate your feedback and choice.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Tupelo

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Someone from the hotel cancelled my reservation - apparently to make room for a large wedding party. I showed up late at night with my guaranteed reservation number, only to find 'someone' cancelled my reservation 2 days earlier - - - and the hotel was fully booked. Only the hotel, Marriott and me had the detailed information to cancel the reservation - and it was not me that cancelled it.

I called Marriott, but they were not concerned. The backbone of the hotel system is guaranteed reservations and they don't care. I don't care to stay at any Marriott!

Room Tip: Don't book a Marriott!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 814daveb814
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This hotel appears to have been recently renovated and was very comfortable. However, the internet service is very slow. I measured it several times on speedtest.net and, at certain points, it was as slow as .25 mbps (compared to my Comcast home service which typically measures more than 20 mbps). As a business traveler, I would not stay at this hotel again unless they upgrade the hotel's internet service.

Room Tip: I had room 125 on the first floor. It was surprisingly quiet, even when the hotel was full of kids.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2013

This was our second stay here, first after the renovation. Everything went smoothly at check in, the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The room was clean and fresh smelling, with the standard Courtyard brand furnishings. We ate at the bistro for dinner, this was a nice switch from the previous buffet style service of Courtyard. Carlos was Great!!!!. We had a balcony facing the road but had little of the road or restaurant noise. This hotel will continue to be our stopping point when traveling the Natchez Trace!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

I travel every week for business and see alot of hotels. My room was clean and modern. The staff were great- very helpful. Nice location near restaurants and shopping. Enjoy the true southern hospitality and down home feel.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed here one Friday night. The hotel is nice, modern, and well-maintained. The breakfast was not included in the cost of the hotel and was expensive. There are two restaurants right in front of the hotel, and that turned out to be good and bad news. We ate at the Italian/Greek restaurant, which was good, but later found out that they have live band music in the evening, which was a problem. We had been put in a room on the front of the hotel, facing the restaurant, and the loud music was disturbing us. It took three trips to the front desk to get us moved to the back of the hotel away from the music. It would have been easy to have put us on the back side in the first place. Our original room had a balcony, which was worthless since it had no furniture. Our second room did not have a balcony, which made the room bigger and more accomodating.

Room Tip: Especially on a weekend night, ask for a room on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

I use to stay quite often at marriott cy but this one was a real dissapointment. The fitness room was well equipped but the receptionist was overchallenged when i told her that the water dispenser was empty and asked for a refill. She smiled and promised to get this do.e within next couple of days!!! Only after I started to complain, she agreed to get it refilled right away. I can only give 3 points for the cleaning as the wall behind the toilette looked disgusting...dont want to know what was on it ...and a cockroach zig-zaged between me feet when getting up at night. The a/c was very loud and not cooling! When reporting all of this the next morning, the receptionist (a different one!) Was very sorry and promised to get everything fixed and took 25 usd off the bill. Very positive was the breakfast. It was good and the staff was really friendly and I appreciated that it was not served on and with plastic!

• Stayed: September 2012
Mya P, Manager at Courtyard Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

’m concerned about the your experience at our hotel during your visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Please accept my sincere apology.Please be assured that the issues you’ve raised have been addressed and the appropriate actions have been taken. Again I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Yours In Hospitality,