“Excellent hotel”
Review of Courtyard Tupelo

Courtyard Tupelo
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Great hotel! Clean rooms and the lobby/bistro area. Has everything one would expect from a Marriott. Recieved great service while there. The Internet is a bitt slow, definitely need to be upgraded for people who travel on business and have to rely on it. Overall 4 out of

Room Tip: Read reviews before you book
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank V C
Scott S, General Manager at Courtyard Tupelo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

V C,

Thank you for responding to Tripadvisor, your feedback assists us in continuing to improve our services. I have recently been assigned to manage this property and have been reviewing our internet speed with our (ISP) Internet Service Provider. We have corrected our coverage in some areas of the hotel that were not getting sufficient coverage. We now have good solid connectivity and in process to upgrade our axis points in the hotel to improve. We understand how important wifi connectivity is with our guests.
Again, we appreciate your business and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I have stayed here before, the people are always nice and, as a whole, all meets expectations. Rooms are a good size. Lobby is nice. However, the WiFi is pretty slow and the plumbing is really showing its age. The cleaning service is hit or miss whether they will get to your room before 6pm or not. Although they ( the entire staff) are not going to work very hard at serving you, they do it with a smile!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank bheckman

BHeckman,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to Tripadvisor. I have just been assigned to manage this property and want to apologize for the less than expected services at the Courtyard Tupelo. I have met with our housekeeping department and asked them to commit to improve in their services. I have explained how important their role is with providing outstanding service to each and every guest. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we truly appreciate your valued business. With so many selections in Tupelo, we sincerely appreciate your feedback and choice.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Someone from the hotel cancelled my reservation - apparently to make room for a large wedding party. I showed up late at night with my guaranteed reservation number, only to find 'someone' cancelled my reservation 2 days earlier - - - and the hotel was fully booked. Only the hotel, Marriott and me had the detailed information to cancel the reservation - and it was not me that cancelled it.

I called Marriott, but they were not concerned. The backbone of the hotel system is guaranteed reservations and they don't care. I don't care to stay at any Marriott!

Room Tip: Don't book a Marriott!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 814daveb814
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This hotel appears to have been recently renovated and was very comfortable. However, the internet service is very slow. I measured it several times on speedtest.net and, at certain points, it was as slow as .25 mbps (compared to my Comcast home service which typically measures more than 20 mbps). As a business traveler, I would not stay at this hotel again unless they upgrade the hotel's internet service.

Room Tip: I had room 125 on the first floor. It was surprisingly quiet, even when the hotel was full of kids.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2013

This was our second stay here, first after the renovation. Everything went smoothly at check in, the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The room was clean and fresh smelling, with the standard Courtyard brand furnishings. We ate at the bistro for dinner, this was a nice switch from the previous buffet style service of Courtyard. Carlos was Great!!!!. We had a balcony facing the road but had little of the road or restaurant noise. This hotel will continue to be our stopping point when traveling the Natchez Trace!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

I travel every week for business and see alot of hotels. My room was clean and modern. The staff were great- very helpful. Nice location near restaurants and shopping. Enjoy the true southern hospitality and down home feel.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed here one Friday night. The hotel is nice, modern, and well-maintained. The breakfast was not included in the cost of the hotel and was expensive. There are two restaurants right in front of the hotel, and that turned out to be good and bad news. We ate at the Italian/Greek restaurant, which was good, but later found out that they have live band music in the evening, which was a problem. We had been put in a room on the front of the hotel, facing the restaurant, and the loud music was disturbing us. It took three trips to the front desk to get us moved to the back of the hotel away from the music. It would have been easy to have put us on the back side in the first place. Our original room had a balcony, which was worthless since it had no furniture. Our second room did not have a balcony, which made the room bigger and more accomodating.

Room Tip: Especially on a weekend night, ask for a room on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple