“There's No Place Like Sleep Inn!”

Sleep Inn & Suites I-70 & Wanamaker
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
“There's No Place Like Sleep Inn!”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

On my cross country drive in a Uhaul, with car trailer in tow and three cats with their tails out of joint, its difficult to plan your trip to reserve rooms in advance. However finding hotels that accommodate pets AND have comfortable rooms is usually a challenge when stopping spur of the moment. Sleep Inn in Topeka accommodated me and my pets when we pulled in at 10 p.m. But the best part was, the modern updated feel of the hotel. Once in our room, the atmosphere continued the theme with the cheery green paint and modern bed linens. Then the real prize, the beds were COMFORTABLE!!! Plus a fridge, safe and all the amenities, for no more than the average Super 8 or La Quinta (which we stayed in also with stale smoke scented rooms and urine odor bathrooms, yuck). What a superior value. Plus I woke the next day with NO back pain! Thank you Sleep Inn for being the best hotel I stayed at on my long adventure!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Ed P, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites I-70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Let me first say thank you for staying with us. It is always nice to be appreciated by our guests who have had a great experience at our property. We hope to see you again in the future.

We also appreciate the Wizard of OZ reference (There's no place like home...or in this case, Sleep Inn)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Lawrence, KS, USA
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My friend and I stayed here for two nights to attend an event in Topeka. Our room was very clean and quiet and there was a large walk-in shower. The beds were extremely comfortable. The only disappointment was the included breakfast where amounts did not seem to correlate to number of guests staying there. Breakfast was served 7-9am. On Saturday we went down at 8:20 and could smell bacon. But no bacon and eggs were available. The attendant did make some more eggs. On Sunday we went down at 8:15 and there was not even a bacon smell. We were told there would be no more bacon or eggs coming. That said, there were other choices available.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Ed P, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites I-70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites. We appreciate your opinion and are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. I would however, like to appologize for the breakfast being out of items that you wanted. We have adjusted our food orders so this wil not happen again. Thanks again!
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This hotel is newly remodeled and just wonderful! Normally I stay at nicer hotels (just two weeks earlier at the JW Marriot in Orlando, FL), but traveling with my family we need a more low key place to stay. This hotel has everything, nice rooms that can compete with any high scale hotel, beautiful new lobby and eating area. The breakfast was great with waffles, scrabbled eggs, bacon, sausage and the usuall other cereals and pastries. They even brought out fresh eggs at 8am when breakfast was over at 9am.

The rooms were very nicely done and while there were lots of families staying there at the same time I didn't hear any other guests other than when they might be talking in the hall as they walked by and that was only an energetic 3 or 4 year old that didn't have an "inside voice" at the time, lol.

The beds were wonderful! We enjoyed our stay greatly and will stay there again on our next trip.

Room Tip: We stayed right across from the pool on the first floor and didn't hear any noise from the pool...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Ed P, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites I-70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your comments and look forward to fulfilling your lodging needs in the future.
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 13 August 2012

What a nice place. We were tired and stopped here We were welcomed in a lovely lobby and our room was great. I loved the built on shower. What a blessing that was to stop at a friendly, clean accommodating establishment

Room Tip: Any of the rooms would be good
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comment. We appreciate and value your business.
Olney, Illinois
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Have stopped here on 2 different occassions and both times have had easy check-in/check-out. Nice clean rooms and quiet atmosphere. Many decent restaurants nearby as well as gas stations. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for commenting on our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you and your lodging needs in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Never stayed at a Sleep Inn this nice! We were traveling cross country with our dog, which usually limits us to not so nice hotels. This Sleep Inn is newly refurbished, spotless, and modern. Everything was perfect, including a great flat screen HD TV! Staff was very accommodating and we'd stay here again in a heartbeat, even if we're not traveling with a dog! The beds were extremely cushy, and the room was quiet!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I have stayed at a lot of Sleep Inns across this Nation, but this one was by far the nicest. HD TV, tons of pillows, great modern feel, plus it was clean. The staff was super friendly letting me check out late and its located around a ton of restaurants and stores. Would stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed May 2012