“Three day stay.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is a nice clean hotel to stay at and the staff was very friendly. We usually stay in upper end hotels but are becoming fans of the newer built Holiday Inn expresses.There was no small food kiosk like most have and we arrived late. I asked about where I could buy some milk and the lady at the front desk retrieved some from the breakfast area which I thought was very considerate.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Had pre booked a room for a weekend trip for a Moose Legion celebration and it was great! From the moment I stepping into the lobby, the girl at the counter, Stephine was a bright, cheerful, and down right great person to have helping me. She got me checked in and ready to go up to my room in like 5 minutes or less and my room was awesome a king sized bed, and sitting are and a kitchen area (refrigerator, microwave, counter, and small sink. All I can saw is awesome service and great room!

Room Tip: Get the king size room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This room had a more luxurious feel than most HI Expresses. I fully believe it is because of the high ceilings, The rest of the room was just a standard HIE room. It was a quiet room. I couldn't hear my neighbor's TV. But I think Bigfoot rented the room above me. I could hear loud stomping all night long.
Some of the staff have no clue how to run front desk and should not be left alone on night shift. It was a big ordeal, too much to get in to, not only for me but for the 2 people in front of me too.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor so you won't hear people walking above you. The back of hotel backs up to tre...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We had our favorite room type, king bed with sofa, easy chair, desk, refrig & micro. The room was spacious. The lamps had elecrtical receptors to plug in a cord. Unfortunately, they didn't all work. I had to resort to using an extention cord to plug in my CPAP. One of the legs on the coffee table is broken. The carpet was dirty & shabby. The wooden doors at the elevators were beat up. This hotel really needs an update.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Dear Jean G,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't find some items in your room to your liking. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and regret the dissatisfaction you had with some of our amenities. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Nice place to stay. Our rooms were very clean and large, hotel staff were very friendly and the hot breakfast was very filling. The pool and hot tub was well kept. The beds was very soft and the hotel was easy to find. The hotel did offer room service however we did not get this. My daughter is unable to drink sodas and the vending machine only had sodas however the staff turned on the juice dispenser and left it on for her all night. This was very impressive to me. If traveling thru Topeka I will stay here again. The only down side was the wireless internet was down but that is was very minor to us and did not affect our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Even tough the hotel is only a few years, I won't stay there again. Our group of 8 to 10 room rate was the same discounted price as my AAA rate. The group clerk handling our reservation was fairly helpful but the hotel operates with a "minimal", less than customer friendly staff. The building looks boring and cheaply built with absolutely no landscaping or ambience. The one elevator was inconvenient and "extremely" slow and there were rowdy children loudly stomping up and down the stairs. The bathroom was poorly lit and the shower curtain was not long enough which leaked a lot of water on the floor. Even tough my bed was very comfortable and the room was clean, I wish I had been at The Senate Suites where my other family members stayed. I didn't stay there so I can't personally review the accommodations, but the hotel is a beautiful, historic building, their two bedroom suite was large, the bathroom modern, and because I paid the tab, I know it cost less than my boring hotel room.

Room Tip: Don't stay above the second floor unless you have lots of time to wait on the elevator or want t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear Sue F,

Thank you for your candid feedback. It is unfortunate you were not fully satisfied with our hotel, but I am pleased you did find your room clean and your bed comfortable. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel, and your feedback will help us to do so.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 April 2013

It is apparent that the owners went the extra mile when building this hotel as there are lots of nice upgrades, like the tile in the shower and even the trash can (heavier and nicer than the plastic model you find at most hotels). It's these somewhat minor details that impressed me during our very short stay. The bed was super comfy and cozy, the elevators were clean, and everything was in great shape. Our room faced the highway but it is set back far enough that we didn't hear any road noise. It is a little off the beaten path for most Topeka activities but it was worth the drive. The room seemed very clean, but my only criticism was that there were some black scuff marks on one wall that could probably be removed with some elbow grease. Otherwise it was a very nice hotel and we will definitely be back during our next Topeka stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family