“Little pricey but good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Camden, New York
“Little pricey but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Having stayed in 3 other Holiday Inn Express hotels this week, this was the most expensive and was not bad but not equal to the previous three nights.
Most of the plumbing in the bathroom dripped and controls were loose and felt sloppy.
There was slight but, acceptable road noise on the side of my room.
The staff was actually the friendliest and every bit as helpful as any I had all week.
The overall facility was clean, bright and inviting.

Room Tip: Request opposite the highway.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cadillac, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed for three nights while on business. The hotel is recently remodeled with new "swanky" decor throughout. The beds were comfortable, the room spacious with plenty of outlets and ports. However, the internet connection was not so fast, just adequate. The staff was friendly. Breakfast bar was nice. Add shredded cheddar cheese to the bar and that alone will make it outstanding! There are few cosmetic areas the hotel needs to pay attention to such as, the hot tub and the door frames in our room. The hot tub was a nice temperature but the chipping, discolored tile and mortar just below the rim surrounding the tub, was a bit of a turn off. Also, though the room was comfortable and aesthetically pleasing, the restroom door frame as well as the main door, door frame, is chipping paint and looks rather nasty. The most frustrating issue for me was the bathtub shower pull that didn't want to stay in place for the shower mode and a tub that was extremely slow to drain. I never complained since we were working long hours; I just didn't have the time or strength to address the issues. Though I left the housekeeper a tip the first day, she/he forgot to leave bath towels, just a small inconvenience but nothing major. Nice hotel, just a few tweaks here and there that will make it better.

Room Tip: I really liked the convenience of a first floor room across from the pool/spa/lobby.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is a nice clean hotel to stay at and the staff was very friendly. We usually stay in upper end hotels but are becoming fans of the newer built Holiday Inn expresses.There was no small food kiosk like most have and we arrived late. I asked about where I could buy some milk and the lady at the front desk retrieved some from the breakfast area which I thought was very considerate.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Marysville, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

Had pre booked a room for a weekend trip for a Moose Legion celebration and it was great! From the moment I stepping into the lobby, the girl at the counter, Stephine was a bright, cheerful, and down right great person to have helping me. She got me checked in and ready to go up to my room in like 5 minutes or less and my room was awesome a king sized bed, and sitting are and a kitchen area (refrigerator, microwave, counter, and small sink. All I can saw is awesome service and great room!

Room Tip: Get the king size room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

This room had a more luxurious feel than most HI Expresses. I fully believe it is because of the high ceilings, The rest of the room was just a standard HIE room. It was a quiet room. I couldn't hear my neighbor's TV. But I think Bigfoot rented the room above me. I could hear loud stomping all night long.
Some of the staff have no clue how to run front desk and should not be left alone on night shift. It was a big ordeal, too much to get in to, not only for me but for the 2 people in front of me too.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor so you won't hear people walking above you. The back of hotel backs up to tre...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

We had our favorite room type, king bed with sofa, easy chair, desk, refrig & micro. The room was spacious. The lamps had elecrtical receptors to plug in a cord. Unfortunately, they didn't all work. I had to resort to using an extention cord to plug in my CPAP. One of the legs on the coffee table is broken. The carpet was dirty & shabby. The wooden doors at the elevators were beat up. This hotel really needs an update.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Dear Jean G,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't find some items in your room to your liking. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and regret the dissatisfaction you had with some of our amenities. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Nice place to stay. Our rooms were very clean and large, hotel staff were very friendly and the hot breakfast was very filling. The pool and hot tub was well kept. The beds was very soft and the hotel was easy to find. The hotel did offer room service however we did not get this. My daughter is unable to drink sodas and the vending machine only had sodas however the staff turned on the juice dispenser and left it on for her all night. This was very impressive to me. If traveling thru Topeka I will stay here again. The only down side was the wireless internet was down but that is was very minor to us and did not affect our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family