Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North
US$108
US$115
US$97
Hotels.com
Super 8 Topeka At Forbes Landing(Topeka)(Great Value!)
US$77
Econo Lodge(Topeka)
US$70
US$59
EconoLodge
All reviewsroom was cleantypical hieturkey sausagesitting areamini fridge and microwavebudget hotelnight's sleepwould definitely stay here againoatmealstaff was very friendlycomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areafresh fruitoff the highwayindoor poolgreat place to stayspangles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I booked the stay well in advance of my stay. The room was very nice and the staff were very friendly during the stay at the hotel. The elevators are a little slow and the breakfast doesn't change much from day to day.

Protip: make sure you watch your bill when you check out. I asked for the federal government rate and was told that I would receive the federal goverment rate. I received a confirmation via email, but it does not list the rate only the confirmation number. After checkout i discovered that I was charged a "holiday inn federal government rate" which is more than the approved GSA federal government rate. I called the hotel directly and spoke to 2 assistant general manager's who told me that this was a standard practice at their hotel. One AGM was exceptionally rude and the other put the blame on the central booking system. (I didn't used central booking, i called the hotel directly). I stay at a lot of holiday inn's as a platinum IHG member (very close to diamond) this was a first. I don't seem to ever have this kind of problem with other hotel brands.

Room Tip: Verify the rate at every opportunity.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ebazinam
Mrattan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I'm so sorry to hear you had some rate issues and I deeply apologize for the concerns you shared about your most recent stay with us. I was able to look into this matter and here's what I found. It does appear that even though you called the hotel directly, as indicated on the reservation system, the reservation was handled by our central reservation department. This is not unusual due to most reservation calls being transferred to that dept. We absolutely do offer the government per diem rate but unfortunately it does not apply to every room type we offer, only our standard room types. As an extended government rate courtesy, we do offer a slightly higher rate for guest who are staying on government business and would like to book an upgraded room type or if those standard room types are not available. My records do show your reservation was at the government rate but at the government rate for a king suite which again is slightly higher then the standard room type per diem rate. I sincerely apologize if the king suite was not what you requested or if the standard room types were not available at the time of booking. At times if the standard room types are not available, we will offer you the next available type of room at that same rate category. My records also indicated after central reservation completed the reservation process with you, they emailed you a confirmation letter. If you scroll down to the bottom of that confirmation letter to where it says Rate Information. You'll see where it has the room description, rate plan, taxes, and additional rate details. It also list the central reservation office number as well has the hotel direct number just in case you may have any questions after your reservation is made. We also as an extra precaution have every guest sign a registration card upon check in that also lists the rate. We have all guest initial next to the rate amount as well to verify they have seen it and that it is correct. I was able to find your signed and initialed registration card indicating awareness of the rate at check in time. I am sincerely sorry if that rate info was unclear and I hope this helps to give a better understanding of how the reservation and check in process work and I hope this clears up any concerns you may have had. Thank you so much for your feed back which allows us to fine tune our operations to ensure similar situations like this do not occur again in the future. As always thank you so much for your stay and we hope you give us a chance to exceed your expectations on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband stayed here for 2 weeks on business so the kids and I went and stayed with him for a couple nights. We travel a lot and see a lot of hotels. This one was just average. Wasn't really anything major wrong, but I wasn't really impressed either. The room was really big and the beds were comfortable, but the breakfast was just average. Pretty much the same thing everyday. My husband got pretty burnt out on eggs and biscuits and gravy and sausage every day. Some variety would have been nice. There is only 1 elevator for a 4 story hotel so be prepared to wait if you have to go up or down. There was a nice pool and hot tub but the last day we were there the hot tub had brown stuff floating in it so we didn't use it. Also, there were never any pool towels it seemed like. Also, when we got our bill the rate varied between $79 and $160 a night! That is a big jump in prices so be forewarned if you are staying a long time. I don't feel like this is a $160 a night hotel at all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear chamberchick,

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. I am glad that you liked our big rooms and the comfortable beds. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

We regret the issues you encountered with our breakfast variety, room rate and pool facility. We want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements to ensure guests do not experience the same scenario in the future.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Charisse V.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This Holiday Inn has a somewhat small parking lot, and is not for anyone traveling with a trailer. The Staff are helpful and very friendly. Breakfast is fine. The location is fine, and contrary to some reviews, NOT hard to find and get to. The Hotel is very clean and fairly new so it is in very good condition. The reason I will NOT stay again is not a problem with the Hotel, or the chain, even though it is a bit pricey. The problem is with the clientele. Kids running a muck and when the staff complained to the parents, the parents refuse to do anything. We stay in the Topeka area numerous times throughout the year, and our "usual" hotel was booked. From the reviews, we chose this Holiday Inn. Like I said, we will not stop here again. I do not have a problem with kids, but when they are totally out of control, that is another matter. I do not know if this was just a freak event or the norm for this location, but once was enough for me.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert C
madan r, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Sir: We are very sorry to hear about inconvenience and discomfort that you had to experience during your stay. You have our complete attention and We thank you for bringing this to our attention. As much as we love every guest including children , we are equally keen to make everyone's stay most comfortable and enjoyable.
I assure you that we will make every effort to avoid this in future by making changes internally how the rooms are assigned and be very watchful if we notice any disturbance and noise created.
I hope you will accept our sincere apology and allow us to serve you again.
Regards

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Not my best experience with HIE. Looking at other reviews for this hotel, I may have just hit a bad month. Rooms were not vacumned on a daily basis. Bathroom condiments not in my room on one stay. Broken iron on another stay. Breakfast bar did not have fruit on mutliple days. The last incident involved arriving to room in late afternoon to find it hand not been cleaned. Room was not cleaned and avaiable until 6:00 pm. When on extended stay there is no where else to go while you wait for your room to be serviced.Follow up from HI on my complaint was lacking and inadequate. However, I do give a big thumbs up on the fitness room. Spacious and great variaty of equipment. Would love to go back if just for the amenities but give up too much on the service. Do not intend to retrun to this HIE. Will try another local hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank tnile
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear tnile,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Topeka.

Karen G.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel was very well located. The lobby was welcoming and warm. The staff was great. I had a non functioning fridge, they replaced it right away,, that was great. The breakfast was good. The room was clean.

Room Tip: Don't plan on using the internet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ldnj2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear ldnj2,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the room accommodations, staff services, breakfast option and the location of the hotel. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Lera P