Comfort Suites Topeka
US$92
US$161
US$116
US$97
All reviewspretzelschoice hotelsnewer hotelgreat place to stayvery nice hotelbreakfast areawould stay here againdesk clerkquiet locationrestaurants and shoppingking suitefridge and microwaveup to datestaff was friendlynight's sleepfree breakfastyogurt
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I love coming to stay at this hotel!!!! The staff is great, I love the new bedding makes the rooms look more modern. The rate is always reasonable and the breakfast is always good!!!! Will be back to stay again..

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank kh2121
Greg K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

I want to thank you so much for the fantastic review you wrote for our hotel. Its very rewarding for my staff to see their hard work is appreciated.
Thanks Again,

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Our family of 3 adults stayed here in a suite for 4 nights during Christmas week. We were immediately and pleasantly greeted at the desk when we arrived after a very long day's drive. We were pleasantly surprised to find that our request made when making the reservation for a top floor suite, had been honored. Many hotels do not always do this. Upon arrival in our suite, the room was cold as the heat was not turned on. We didn't really consider this to be a problem except that when we did turn it on, it seemed like nothing was happening because there was no fan noise. We notified the desk and she came up immediately. She told us the heating units had recently been modified so that the fan noise was very quiet and that the heater was indeed working. I personally like fan noise as it helps to drown out the sounds of stomping children, loud voices and slamming doors. Nonetheless, the room did warm up over the next several hours. The room stayed at a pleasant temperature throughout our stay, and we managed to sleep too though I think that was partly because most of the other guests staying in the vicinity of our room seemed to keep about the same hours as we did every day. As it was, there were a lot of noisey kids running around at times, and doors slamming during hours we weren't trying to sleep, fortunately. There was also a silverfish on the wall right next to my pillow right before I was going to bed on the first night. I had to smash it and then wonder if there were more. Fortunately, that was the only one I ever saw.

Other minor issues: Lighting was very marginal in the room. The rooms are just dark, even with all the lights on. I also noticed a number of dead bugs on the window sill the day we arrived, which is kind of undesirable. However, when i looked again a few days later I noticed that the window sill had been cleaned, which was nice to see. Other than that, the room seemed generally clean. Also, we were looking forward to the "heated pool" actually being warm. I guess that's a relative term as it may be heated but it is not warm. Also, they do have breakfast every morning but we did not take advantage of this so I cannot have an opinion there. I found the beds to be quite comfortable.

So in general, the room was nice enough and clean enough. I had a favorable impression of the staff and it seemed like they would always be willing to help with any issues. We had a generally pleasant stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Greg K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

I am quite pleased to read your review of our Hotel this morning.
We strive for customer satisfaction as that is the only to get repeat business. I will share your review with all of our staff.
Thanks Again,

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival we found the facilities very clean and warm. While checking in, the desk staff was very friendly, courteous, and professional. She made sure our needs were met. Our room was exceptionally clean, and neat. The bed was very comfortable, with high quality sheets and blanks. The dining staff was great during breakfast. I also like the cameras monitoring the parking lot. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Greg K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

It is very rewarding for my staff to receive reviews for our property like yours.
We use these reviews during our staff meetings to communicate what we are doing right or wrong so we can improve our Hotel. Thanks so much for the wonderful review.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Clean and fresh (Q4-13). First impressions are key and there was excellent, friendly service while checking in. One caveat: check in early if you are towing. There is limited maneuvering and parking for towed vehicles (no pull through or around the building.)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Greg K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

I am so pleased to receive good reviews for our property. We use these for our employee meetings so our staff knows how their pleasing our customers. We also do have drive thru parking for guests with trailers, its just to the east of our building.Thanks again for the great review.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My family checked into this hotel late Friday evening and when we got up to our room the heat was off and it was 62 degrees so we flipped on the heat and air barely blew from the heater but we continued to wait thinking that maybe it just takes a few minutes for the heat to kick on. While we were waiting, my husband began to unpack some of our stuff and when he opened the dresser, he found an entire drawer of dirty socks (and some change). Since there was little heat coming from the heater, dirty clothes in our dresser and no sheets for the couch bed, I decided to go down to the front desk. I was very polite in telling him I didn't think our heater worked right to which he replied "well you know heaters aren't instantaneous." He acted like I was a dumb girl that didn't understand how heaters worked...he continued "you know you DO have to switch the heat on for it to work." I told him I knew how to work a heater but it just wasn't blowing air but it was clear he thought I was just being dumb and I was getting nowhere with him so I showed him the picture I took of the drawer of dirty socks which made him laugh and say "well just don't use that drawer, I'll tell someone to clean it out tomorrow." Apparently, he wasn't concerned that my room hadn't been cleaned very well and I was to ignore it. He never offered to move us, come up and check our heater or even just apologize for the room not being cleaned. For the money we spent, it's not right to be treated that way, or to have to stay in a room that doesn't have a properly working heater when it's 20 degrees outside. I come to Topeka several times a year but this was the first time I have stayed at this hotel...I expected so much better based on its reviews and for me, it will be the last time me or my family stays here.

• Stayed: November 2013
Greg K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with one of my employees. I assure you that this behavior is not the standard of my staff. We take great pride in making sure our guests are comfortable and satisfied with our services.
I have called this employee in today and I guarantee you this will be handled before the sun sets.
Please call me at the property so I can discuss a discount on a returning visit to our hotel so you can see how we are supposed to take care of our guests.
Again, I am very sorry to hear of your issues with our hotel.

(785)-246-6777