Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Saint Louis, Missouri
“great service”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

we were returning from colorado and had a flat tire stopped at holiday inn for a room for night till we could get tire fixed and return to St. Louis. Mallorie and Amanda were working the front desk. They were exceptional helped us find a place to have tire fixed, called and got their hours, gave us directions to the place, found us a good restaurant that would deliver, called for us. Excellent service from these two ladies.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Sandy H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! We truly appreciate your comments. I am very pleased that you had a great experience with us. I will certainly share your comments with both Mallorie and Amanda, as well as the rest of the staff. Again, thank you for your review - please come back anytime!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Columbus
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was a great hotel. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I really liked the new touch screen that allowed us to look up local restuarants. The night manger was so very nice. Thanks Cindy for getting breakfast started a little early so we could get on the road. I would stay again in a heart beat.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear BettyG60,

Thank you for your comments. We love to hear that people enjoy our staff and hotel! I'm also very pleased that you utilized our InfoTouch Board - it has such fantastic features! I will certainly relay your comments to Cindy; she does a wonderful job and deserves to hear your feedback. Again, thank you very much!
Bloomington, IL
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here using points for a one night stop on our way west. The hotel was much like any other HIE, and although renovated, seemed to be in good shape.

The real positive for this facility was the manager or person working the desk as we left very early on a Sunday morning. We planned to depart prior to the breakfast being offered, but he was in the breakfast area as we were checking out. He went out of his way to open things up for us, and made sure we had all we needed before we left. The personal touch made a huge difference and I would definitely stop here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear llliniwek66,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed our facility and even more pleased that you had a great guest experience because of one employee. That is fantastic! I will share your review with all staff members. Thank you - we hope to see you again soon!
franklin, in
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had the executive king suite. This was a very nice room with a king bed, hide a bed in the couch, microwave, sink, fridge and big screen.

The work out room could use a little work on the treadmills and weight machines.
The pool and hot tub was nice.

Wanamaker has a lot of place to eat from inexpensive to top dollar.
So this location is great and it's right off of the interstate.
Fantastic breakfast*****
Gas station right on the corner.

Everything you need real close if you are staying or just passing through.

Room Tip: go for the executive king for just a few bucks more it is worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear paul109876,

Thank you for your comments. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your suite! I do regret that you experienced issues with the fitness center, however. Please be assured that these issues have been resolved. Should you be able to stay with us in the future, I am confident you will be able to utilize the fitness center without incident. Again, I thank you for your review and hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

This hotel has been newly renovated ( we asked the hotel staff) and it looks wonderful. The rooms are spacious and clean. Large tv, beds, and bathroom. Beds were very comfortable and the room was very quiet. The hotel staff wwas friendly and courteous. I would recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2013
HIETopekaWestMgmt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Adamsl311,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. We sincerely appreciate your comments! We put a significant amount of effort into our remodel and it is fantastic to hear that you are enjoying it. I will certainly share your review with all of the staff members. Thank you for staying with us - we hope to see you again soon!
U.S.A.
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay here!

Swimming pool, room, and especially the employees were all great!!! Rooms are very updated/fresh looking!

So close to everything- great zoo, shopping mall, restaurants!!

Will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Senator McCain,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. I am so pleased that you had such a great experience with us. We strive to do our best and it is always great to hear that our efforts are felt and seen by our guests. I will share your comments with all staff. Thank you!
Mineral Bluff, Georgia
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This HIE is conveniently located by many family restaurants for the weary traveler. We enjoyed Cracker Barrel down the street and checked-in with no problems. The highway is close by, but we slept fine. The only complaint was the breakfast- the bagels, toast, and other products were hard as a rock. I understand this is a buisness with quick and easy breakfast, but the food should be edible and changed out. Otherwise, it is quick to access from the highway and great for travelers with families.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear MelanieDrew,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy our location. I sincerely apologize that you found our breakfast to be less than desirable. I do appreciate the feedback, however, and will utilize it in order to ensure that no future guests encounter the same issue. Thank you for staying with us and I do hope you'll consider our hotel again in the future. I assure you that the breakfast issue you experienced will be resolved and you'll be treated to a hot and delicious breakfast buffet.