“Nice”

Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Rochester, Minnesota, USA
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel room itself was nice and very clean. Bed comfortable. Pillows were flat. We had pre-registered as 4 people being in the room but there were only 3 towels and there was no bedding for the sofa sleeper. When I called the desk they said the bedding and towel would be waiting at the front desk. In other hotels staff would be happy to deliver those to the room. Power was out for a couple hours in the early morning. That could have been a problem if we had used their alarm clocks and it was dark for taking showers but we managed just inconvenient.

Stayed June 2014
Jennifer B, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Topeka, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you so much for leaving such a high rating despite the brief power outage inconvenience. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Indore, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I was on a business trip and stayed in this Hotel for 4 weeks. To be sweet and short it was quite a good experience. If you are on an extended stay I would certainly recommend this. Some of the pluses are as below:
1. Kitchen in each room along with vessels. The kind of facility is good enough to manage a decent cooking :)
2. Free washer & dryer - A must for extended stay
3. Cupboard available in Hotel - All essential items available - So need to look out for Walmart or Target nearby
4. If you still want Walmart and Target are within 2 mile radius, plus you find all major retail outlets like BestBuy, HomeDepot, ToyzRus, Dillards, DSG within 3 miles radius
5. If you are Indian and looking for good Indian items, an Indian Departmental store is available within 2 mile radius
On the flip side,
1. No free breakfast
2, Not an attractive gym

So overall a good one for extended stay!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the highway, i.e. do not choose rooms like 100 - 102, 200 - 202, 300 - 302...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sriram1986
Jennifer B, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Topeka, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
We wish to express our sincere gratitude for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us a detailed and wonderful review. Please know that this is of great help to us for we always want to hear the voice of our valued guests to gauge our overall performance. Thank you so much for taking notice of the convenience of the location, the great amenities, as well as the comfort you felt with regards to the accommodation in total. Our goal is to give excellent service and we always work hard to make each guest feel that we are committed into going above and beyond our call of duty to achieve that. We couldn’t wait to serve you again very soon.
Marysville, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have stayed at many hotels, whether travel or just to have a staycation. The staff and the location are excellent. I get lost quite easily, so with the location being so close to everything it was really easy. I am also an early bird, so I go to sleep early, there were no noises to disturb me. You usually hear the little kids running around or people being roudy, but not here. I am really good at forgetting things, and the front desk was amazing. They helped me with everything that I needed. If I ever need to stay somewhere in Topeka would definitely stay here again (especially for the price).

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank yooku
We are grateful for the time you took to give us your wonderful feedback. We believe we really have a lot to offer our guest when they stay with us. Aside from our convenient location, and the great value for your money, we would say our staff is what makes our hotel so special. We strive to provide every guest an exceptional experience. It has appeared from your review that we have achieved our goal and our promise. Thank you again for your great words regarding the staff. We will share them with the entire team. We look forward to a return visit from you again very soon.
ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

If you enjoy dirty rooms, going to the front desk for clean towels, a rude staff, and a phantom manager, then this is the place for you!!! If you have ANY problems or concerns GOOD LUCK getting them resolved. For being part of the IHG brand of hotels, this hotel falls FAR short of the quality that is expected. Do yourself a favor, and take the advise of other...AVOID AT ALL COST...DON'T WALK RUN TO THE NEAREST EXIT. If you want points for room stays there is a Holiday Inn Express that is nice. There is also a very nice Hampton Inn that is clean, has a friendly staff and is very reasonable (that is where I ended up staying at my second time in Topeka and enjoyed it). Who ever owns this property, I suggest that while you are cleaning the rooms, do some house cleaning with the front desk staff and manager. This is the most POORLY ran hotel ever.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank yousguys
We would like to express our deepest regret for not being able to give you a pleasant experience to remember during your stay with us. We sincerely value your comfort and convenience that is why your feedback regarding the overall cleanliness and the staff demeanor is most troubling to hear. Please know that this matter will be meticulously evaluated so that it may be given its due correction. Thank you for sharing this experience to us, and giving us an opportunity to correct it in the best possible way. We hope to give you pleasant memories to remember, should you reconsider and visit us again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Topeka hotels

Spring, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed at this business over Thanksgiving 2013 and it was a horrible experience. NEVER had room service, had to get the keys to the room re-keyed several times. The last time, the front desk clerk stated "you're in the wrong room". Well that is understandable since we checked ourselves in, processed the credit card payment and keyed the access......it must have been our fault also that we had no housekeeping, had to go to front desk every day to secure clean towels, never had bed linens changed. Considering the minimal number of vehicles in the parking lot, it amazes me that the location stays in business. As an apology, the last night of asking for the keys to be re-accessed, the front desk gave us $5.00 worth of the antique items in the "snack area". The last morning upon exit we left items in the closet. Called the next day and spoke with Taylor who was extremely helpful, Taylor get another job with another hotel - you are needed at a real hotel. Taylor said to call on the following Monday and ask for Jennifer, Manager. To this day have never spoken to or heard from this mystery person. When the call was made on Monday and the Jennifer manager was not available, the person on duty screamed into the phone that we needed to speak with Housekeeping. When we pressed to speak with Jennifer, we were transferred to the voice mail. Upon checking back, we later learned that Jennifer was on a weeks vacation. Odd. In any event, we did contact the corporate customer service, mailed a bounce-back box to the hotel, listed our items in the complaint and asked that the items be placed into the box and shipped back. The individual front desk person, Chris put the items in the box and shipped. Thank goodness for FedEx. We would not recommend this business to ANYONE as a resource for overnight accommodations, EVER. We will stick to Holiday Inn Express and not venture out to any other businesses regardless of relationship within the corporate structure. The concept of this business is perfect, kitchenette, large room, moderate bathroom size and decent sized room. BETTER MANAGEMENT OF THIS LOCATION is needed. But as an example it represents what the corporation "allows" in a management style or lack of.

Room Tip: Try the 2 other hotels within this same vicinity.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rzip627
Jennifer B, Manager at Studio 6 Topeka, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
We wish to let you know that your voice is of utmost importance to us, and it means a lot to us to know that you have made an effort to inform us of the things we may need to improve to better our services in total. Thank you for pin pointing the deficiencies you found with regards to the customer service and accommodation in total. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience the entire experience has brought you. Rest assured that such matters will be evaluated accordingly and be given prompt actions so that it may be corrected in the best possible way. We believe that our guests should get nothing but the best service from us, and your insightful review is a reflection of how we have failed on that aspect. Please know that we will seriously see to it that future occurrence of similar situations would be prevented. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more and we certainly hope to be able to change your perception of our hotel in the future.
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Absolutely loved my stay. I only stayed here for one night while traveling for Thanksgiving. The staff was very kind and room was clean. I asked the front desk clerk for directions and he printed me out directions which was very helpful. On the way i was surprised with how many shops were within a mile or 2 from the hotel which makes it really nice if you're not from the area.I really enjoyed my overall experience and i hope i get the chance to stay here again someday!

Room Tip: A highway was right by the hotel, but it didn't effect my room at all. I was on the South side i...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Jennifer B, Manager at Studio 6 Topeka, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you very much for the heart-warming review on our effort to implement further improvement in the services we provide for all our guests. Your input showed we have sufficed quality accommodation well deserved by all our guests for giving us your business. It was a pleasure to serve you.
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

This place is a mess. I wish I knew how to upload the pictures from my phone to this application. Walk-in. Taylor, the front desk clerk messed up my reservation purposefully because he was mad at my boss from an incident the day before. Once I got checked in, thank you, Chris, I go to my room. Let me walk you through: kitchen has wine stain on counter. No ice trays in freezer and no dish towel or dish cloth. The usual comp coffee and popcorn? Nope. Living room: couch cushions are broken down, water stain on ceiling above the window where shade is stained and dusty. Really small t.v. that is old school cable so picture is snowy and doesn't fit screen. Bedroom: pillows are flat. Little taupe pillow on bed has hair on it (long and shorties). T.V. is very old and very small. Bathroom: no washcloths. Some hairs on floor that aren't mine. I ask to see another room. It looks the same. Stay in mine. Ask for washcloths. They are dirtier than had I showered with them (I have pictures). In the fitness room only one treadmill works, the other is in need of a new belt and you'll be lucky if you aren't electrocuted by the water that has leaked out of the washing machine room onto the floor and soaked the carpet. Want to use the business center? Sorry. Someone stole the computers. I stay in Candlewoods often. This is no Candlewood. It appears to be an old Extended Stay that even they might be ashamed of. My advice is to stay away and for the young man (Chris? Chad?) at the front desk to work elsewhere. This place doesn't deserve his talents. He was my only positive experience.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank gonein321
Jennifer B, Manager at Studio 6 Topeka, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to share your views about our Hotel. Reviews such as yours are most welcome and it motivates us even more to further improve our services that our guests have enjoyed over the years we are in the business. It is unfortunate that we never had the opportunity of providing the accommodation to your exacting preference but we assure you that we are as well most capable of providing flawlessly, superb quality of service to all our valued guests. We appreciate your time in sharing your views about our hotel.