I've stayed at a ton of country inns and this one is just OK compared to the rest of them. Like so many I have stayed at lately this one was not build as a country inn but the conversion job is not bad. Converted hotels never have enough space for the breakfast area and this one is no exception. But overall it is clean and in decent shape so I would stay again.
The staff was great and I got a very nice note from the manager after I did my online review. It is unfortunate the hotel is not smoke free but he said they are working to get it that way. How hard can it be to put up a sign? I don’t understand why they would do such an extensive remodel and not make it smoke free. We could smell it everywhere we went in the hotel. Just a little but still just a little is like having just a little dog poop in your brownies it ruins everything! The other issue that was not pleasant is the room was hotter than hot when we walked in. It was a 3rd floor room and it was 103 out so it took till about midnight before it was not roasting in there. And the purpose of the reservation is???
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100% Non Smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Topeka-West Hotel Topeka
- Country Inn And Suites Topeka-West
- Country Inn Topeka West