“Wonderful Place”

Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Wonderful Place”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stays at the counrty inn are always comfortable. I have been staying for about 3 years now and its probably the best hotel for its price range on the wanamaker strip. Great Breakfast and great staff. The pool is always at a comfortable temperature and hot tub as well.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Harrison, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Had a wonderful stay at the Country Inn & Suites. The room was very nice and the staff was top notch. Was greeted with a smile every time I passed the counter and most engaged me in conversation. The breakfast there is really good.

The property is undergoing some renovation to the hallways and pool area so there was some construction but nothing loud to disturb my stay. Progress is good and that will make it look even better. If I had to be very picky about the property (and I mean picky), is there was a weak wireless signal on the 3rd floor. I couldn't get a strong signal as it went in and out. No other issues at all though and room was kept very clean throughout my stay.

A+ rating from me!

Room Tip: Stay on a lower level in the hotel for a strong wireless signal if that is important for watching mo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Stopped here from reviews. Room needed updating desperately but it was very clean. The pool and hot tub were old and sort of scary but we're open till midnight. The AC was very noisey and we could hear water running from other rooms. The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows. Cookies and coffee in the lobby were nice. Nice TV and fridge. We would stay again but would want a better rate. Motels in Topeka seem to be pricey.

• Stayed September 2013
DAVE S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Hello Mr. Lyndam, we are terribly sorry about the noise. We take full responsibility for this incident and are working to insure that any situation like this will not happen again. After speaking with you today, I thank you for your understanding and we do look forward to having you stay with us again on your next passing through Topeka. Wishing you happy and safe travels, the Country Inns & Suites!
De Pere, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 August 2013

After along drive, this hotel was very welcome oasis. The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable. This hotel was located near many restaurants, gas stations, and stores. I found it was easy to access the highways and it took only a few minutes to get to our destination. The breakfast was good and the business center was a definite plus. The laundry room was larger than most and it had a folding table. It was nice to see that the entire facility is non-smoking.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I had an opportunity to travel back to Topeka for business and returned to stay at the Country Inn & Suites and it did not disappoint! From the staff to the breakfast and everything in between my visit was great. Sometimes when you stay at the same hotel nine months apart, you might notice things showing some wear and tear, but this was not the case at this Country Inn. It seems to me that the owners and management staff are really striving to continue to update the property and provide a wonderful experience for their guests. I will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Great location right off of I-70 and the start of Wanamaker Road where there is much to choose from...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
DAVE S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
I want to personally thank you for the great review for our hotel. It's very satisfying to hear when a guest sees and appreciates the hard work our staff does to assure customer satisfaction.
6020 sw 10th street
Topeka,ks 66615
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites on our trip to Topeka, Kansas. The Desk clerks were very friendly and went out of their way to make sure that we had everything that we needed and even offered us some chocolate chip cookies, which was a nice topper to our day... I would recommend the Hotel to anyone traveling to Topeka, Kansas. it is close to the highway and restaurants and shopping. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We happen to get a room with a King and a hot tub right in the room, it was a great relief after driving all day. And don't forget the great breakfast that they served, there is a lot to choose from..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
First, I want to thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. You had some kind things to say about our property and staff which I greatly appreciate. We strive to be the best of the best and its nice to see our hard work is appreciated.
Thanks Again,
Country Inns & Suites
Topeka,ks
Fulda
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I've stayed at a ton of country inns and this one is just OK compared to the rest of them. Like so many I have stayed at lately this one was not build as a country inn but the conversion job is not bad. Converted hotels never have enough space for the breakfast area and this one is no exception. But overall it is clean and in decent shape so I would stay again.

The staff was great and I got a very nice note from the manager after I did my online review. It is unfortunate the hotel is not smoke free but he said they are working to get it that way. How hard can it be to put up a sign? I don’t understand why they would do such an extensive remodel and not make it smoke free. We could smell it everywhere we went in the hotel. Just a little but still just a little is like having just a little dog poop in your brownies it ruins everything! The other issue that was not pleasant is the room was hotter than hot when we walked in. It was a 3rd floor room and it was 103 out so it took till about midnight before it was not roasting in there. And the purpose of the reservation is???

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
DAVE S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

MANAGER