“Good job for seminar”

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Topeka, Kansas
“Good job for seminar”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We held a seminar there and all of the employees were very helpful when we needed them.
Everyone that attended felt like this was a great place even in the midst of remodeling.
We will use them again. Great job Country Inn

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
DAVE S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
I want to Thank You so much for the exceptional review you wrote for our Hotel. We work very hard to make our guests stay away from home as comfortable as possible. We look forward to your return visit and can't wait to see you again.

Thanks Again,
Priya Sandir
Country inn & Suites Topeka ks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on the weekend saturday was neat and clean the breakfast room looked nice, fireplace just hit the spot, the breakfast host was very nice taking our plates away trying to provide on what we needed, but sunday was super durty apparently gabby was not there the lady in the front desk was on her tablet the whole time while I was having breakfast I guess they are understaffed I do not know what the deal can be but I sure loved the service I recieved from gabby I would come back again only if I know she will be there to help.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I booked and paid for this stay through Expedia, and when I checked in I was asked for a credit card "for incidentals". Unfortunately, my stay was charged AGAIN on this credit card. So now I have to go through the inconvenience of disputing the charge, rather than hotel management stepping up and cancelling the charge after I notified them of the error. In addition, during one of my nights here, after the fire alarm sounded erroneously for the third time, I stayed the rest of the night in another hotel. I was told I would not be charged for that night, but I was. Although it was corrected after I pointed it out, I get the impression that this hotel tries to get away with whatever they can to get more money out of the customer, perhaps hoping they will at least some of the time, get away with it.

That said, my room was comfortable and internet worked fine on the second floor. The hot tub was not functioning the entire stay. Had I known I would have booked elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
DAVE S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to reach out and inform us about an inaccuracy on your room bill We understand the inconveniences this can cause. We apologize for the difficulties you encountered, but are happy to see the situation has been resolved. Hotel had no other intention to charge you. It was just very busy morning because one of the guest by accident broke one of the sprinkler head on 3rd floor.We are really sorry for inconveniences but it was not hotel fault at all. If you need further assistance, please contact the hotel directly at 785-478-9800.We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This could be an excellent place to stay, but it is either understaffed, or staff failed to anticipate guests needs. They willingly serve guest when asked, but guests should not have to ask for towels at the pool ( waited 30 minutes for them to dry) or orange juice and coffee during the hours of 6- 7 a.m. ( We were told the juice was still frozen.) These are things I think a staff would anticipate and plan for. That being said, they would replenish those items when asked. We reserved 2 standard rooms and 2 suites the first part of November for Christmas day, asking to be on the same floor so our extended family could be together. Our rooms were nice and roomy, but we did not get the rooms we reserved . Only one suite was available and the 2 rooms were on another floor because housekeeping was given Christmas day off. Again, staff accommodated us by letting us use a meeting room to visit, etc. We liked the fact that the property is Pet Friendly, but the yard area is covered with doggie deposits. This is the fault of pet owners, but when they do not clean up, it becomes a problem. Perhaps a designated area with disposal bags and trash can would help. In November we were told that the hot tub would be up and running when we visited in Dec., but it was not. If it weren't for the staff, I would have rated this hotel a lot lower. The manager of guest services seems to keep things positive, but needs to take the staff to the next level. Because of staff, I would stay again, but hope it has improved by then.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
DAVE S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. That kind of service is not acceptable at all from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service.We appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast. We regret to hear your dining experience did not meet your expectations. We have passed on your comments and concerns to our breakfast attendent . so they may address this situation with the team and ensure that we deliver outstanding service and presentation. Please give us a one more chance i can promise you that you will not be disappointed. I am so sorry again.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The employees from the front desk, cleaning people, to the management were cordial and nice. There were a few things that may need a little sprucing up but overall for the money it was a great value for the size of the room and the pet friendly atmosphere! Traveling with extra critters can be challenging but they were welcomed as much as we were! I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: A room away from the front desk IF you have someone sleeping on the sofa hideaway in a suite (the be...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Park City Utah
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Granted, the jacussi didn't work, but the hotel staff and accommodations were above and beyond the call of duty. The hotel was clean, well maintained, and had very comfortable beds. The staff went above and beyond the call of duty when asked questions or asked to give directions. We had nothing bad to say about our two-day experience.

Room Tip: Easy access to all rooms from lobby
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
DAVE S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey of our Country Inns and suites Topeka hotel! We are glad to read that you have enjoyed your stays with us and that we have been able to meet or exceed what is expected of us. We hope that we continue to provide a good home away from home astmophere. Please if there is ever anything we can do to make your stays a little better, do not hesitate to ask! Until than, we wish you safe travels and a bless day!

Florissant, Missouri
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed here on 11/1 - 11/3 , hot tub did not work, office computer did not work, Orange Juice was out at breakfast bar. After stay that I booked thru Southwest hotel refused to give Southwest points. Seems like a rip-off place that gets you there and then you will never want to come back. Good location but that is about all. I never write reviews but this one needs to be known.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
DAVE S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Country inns and Suites do offer Southwest points. Please call me and i will make sure you will recieve points for the stay.

PRIYA SANDIR