Review Highlights
Wonderful trails

There are several walking trails through the woods and also down to the fishing ponds. My wife and... read more

Reviewed 18 April 2018
RD M
via mobile
Amazing!

I LOOOOVE this place! The trails are natural and the woods are beautiful! I live in Kansas City but... read more

Reviewed 8 March 2017
Caroline M
Kansas City, Missouri

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We had no clue that this was around. Unfortunately we weren't able to access the main entry way was closed off to the public for some get together that was happening. So we went around to the west side, and found many more trails from there. These are not for wheelchairs or anyone that cannot walk, as they are VERY rough and steep. However it is fun to find them, and walk them, and there are many trails off of a trail. We were not prepared for this type of hiking for 80 degree weather, so we cut it as short as we could, and it still took a long time. I (with 4 of my children) enjoyed the hiking. We will definitely be returning and trying out some more trails, and those that verge off of others. :)

Date of experience: April 2014
1  Thank Momof6angels10
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I've lived in Kansas for over 20 years and never knew where the governor's mansion was! Well, now we know. It is in a beautiful, quiet, well-to-do neighborhood in Topeka. We drove by just to see the house and were surprised to see there is a park there. (My kids commented on how awkward it would be if your dog pooped on the governor's lawn.) We did not get out and enjoy the park, although it was a Wednesday afternoon and there were 3-4 people there - a runner, a dog walker, and a hiker. Beautiful country setting.

Date of experience: March 2014
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Compared to the entire city of Topeka, this is a nice area and location. You could go hiking on this trial, biking, walking, and golf course near by. Safe and all dogs on leash so no worries about a little guy picking on the big guy :D

Date of experience: August 2013
1  Thank PickNeat
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Just a nice escape for the end of the day and long weekend walk

Date of experience: July 2012
1  Thank brandon785
Reviewed 3 April 2012

There are so many great trail options out here for every level of hiker and biker. There's enough trail that you'll feel peacefully alone, even on crowded days. I especially like walking the red trail, which is on the North side of the park. Be sure to drive all the way down (keep going!) on the road on the West border of the park, by the old Menninger campus, for some lovely new trails and access to the Kansas River. Walk back up the hill on that road for a heck of a workout.

Date of experience: April 2012