“We Will Always Love the World Famous Topeka Zoo!”

Topeka Zoological Park
Ranked #10 of 53 things to do in Topeka
More attraction details
Owner description: Continuously updating and expanding its exhibits, this small but nationally recognized zoo features nearly 400 animals, a tropical rain forest, children's zoo, carousel and train that circles the park.
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I always loved the zoo when I was a kid and now I love taking my kids and nephew when we come back to visit family! It's not too big which I like! They have done a nice job updating the exhibits. It drizzled when we were there which was refreshing coming from Phoenix and we were able to buy cute yet affordable umbrellas in the gift shop. The food was unexpectedly yummy and healthy!!!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I always love going to the zoo. There is always something different happening every time I go there. All the animals are fun to look at, but I think my favorites are the lions and the orangutans. This place appeals to people of all ages.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had two small children with us. They had a blast! Running from one exhibit to the next totally exhausted them. The zoo offers stroller and wagon rentals. We saw giraffes, monkeys, tigers, lions, a bear, bugs, turtles, and more! It was humid but we survived. The animals were out and most were asleep but in clear view so you could see them regardless.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Visited this Zoo with girlfriend and her 12 year old. Had a AWESOME time, great place to spend the afternoon. Very inexpensive to enter and well worth it. Very interactive, friendly staff that answer questions and assist in any way possible.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Yes, the zoo is small and that is what makes it better than most. They have focused on the experience. The zoo is clean, the cost of food very reasonable. Most every year another exhibit is updated, or expanded. You do not have to worry about poison ivy growing here and there. The grounds a large enough that you never feel crowded. Landscaping, water features, and a staff that cares. The added plus is Gage Park with it's carousel, and railroad that the kids can ride on. Plus the park has a rose garden and many play areas. You will not be disappointed spending the day at Gage Park and the Zoo. Oh, did I mention, that it is inexpensive to.

1  Thank Clockdocto