“Not maintained.”

Residence Inn Topeka
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We have had the pleasure of staying at other Residence Inns and have always had good luck. This time was different, see below.

1.The overall impression that I got was that of property neglect.
2. We had drinks at the pool on Saturday afternoon and the cups were still sitting where we left them on Sunday at 11 pm.
3. The breakfast items were stale. (bagels, muffins and cereal)
4. The first day we left the "no service" sign up but took it off the door at about 10 am on the second day. We left, went to a family reunion, came back and no one serviced our room. When my husband told the front desk staff, they told him that we still had the "no service" magnet up. They did service our room when we left again but not before implying that he was lying.
5. The hot tub was green. Not just a little green but neon green!

We will NOT stay here again and I would advise anyone that is considering it to think twice before you do. I did tell the front desk that I was going to write this review and she didn't seen to care if I did or didn't. She did tell her manager who made no effort to speak with us before we left. I think Marriott need to pay attention to this franchise.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandee W
TopekaRI_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We strive to provide excellent service as well as an excellent product to all of our guests. Guest Satisfaction is our highest priority when dealing with any guest at our hotel. I apologize that we fell short of that during your stay. The issues you outlined have all been addressed with all our staff. We hope you will give us a chance to make things right and try the Residence Inn again next time you stay in Topeka.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotel is wonderful. The rooms are clean and well taken care of. It's quiet. They are close to the zoo and any kind of restaurant you could possibly want. They are located across from a nice mall. My only complaint is the breakfast. It's basically the same thing every day...eggs, sausage and potatoes. And the eggs are not very good.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

We had a family reunion scheduled in Topeka, needed a hotel that had a good location for traveling family members. From the first time calling the hotel through the checkout morning, from the check-in to the maid service, even the complimentary breakfast was great. I have never experienced such great customer service. We were able to not only enjoy our weekend together but now know where to stay in July for other festivities.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Excellent place to stay, I have been here for 3 weeks and from the staff to the housekeepers great service, I would highly recommend you stay at this place. It is located at the heart of wannamaker rd where you can get to any location in good timing. The breakfast and dinners are awsome. I will use this hotle every chance I can.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

comfortable stay, staff friendly and helpful. We were here visiting family and found this hotel to be much more roomy than most, having a fridge was wonderful, and breakfast was great! The staff had answers to all my questions and were more than happy to help. I will use this hotel again when in town.

Room Tip: request non hiway if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank suzeeQ66
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Excellent place, they got all HD channels with 32 inch LCDs. Very comfortable beds. Love it. Great service. I would highly recommend. The place is located at the heart of Wannamaker rd. behind best buy. The complementary breakfast and evening dinner is awesome and it's healthy.

Room Tip: Great place to stay with kids and family.
1  Thank R P
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I was in Kansas with my family in April and I have to say this place was awesome! The rooms were nice and spacious and I felt like I was at home. I love the kitchen area! Very clean also. The staff was great. I will most defiantly be coming back here to stay next time I'm in Kansas! Thank you!!

• Stayed: April 2013