“They are renovating - its very nice!”

Residence Inn Topeka
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Hotel was very clean - no complaints. They were in the middle of renovations - but there was no noise and didn't bother us as they weren't working when we were there. So, expect updated clean rooms! Easy access on / off highway.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elk137

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We come to Topeka several times a year and this is the place we stay due to the convenience of all the shopping and restaurant venues on Wannamaker Road, access to the freeways like I-70, great customer service from the front desk folks like Tammy and the evening food hostess whose name I didn't catch when I arrived here during the holidays, and the value of being in a room with a fridge, stove, and microwave. I enjoyed working out at the local gym since they allowed me access due to the main floor being under construction and so far the new look is aesthetically more pleasing than before. The fam loves the the pool and the snacking area, I enjoy the free breakfasts every morning, and I noticed that these guys are pet friendly if you happen to have furry traveling companions. Great modern upgrades around the hotel especially to the rooms! We've been coming here for the past 20 years, and this Marriott hotel is the place to stay when we visit family and friends even with the construction still going on. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I like the front of the hotel since the back of the hotel faces the freeway - could get noisy at tim...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ben D
Reviewed 15 December 2013

When we spend the night in Topeka, we usually stay at this hotel because of its convenience and friendliness. The desk staff was very friendly and apologized for the rennovation that was occurring.

Our room had been rennovated so everything was new and fresh -- carpet, furnishings, tv, bed and bed covers, and wall hangings. It was a very nice room with a comfy bed and nice amenities. We were very satisfied.

The reason I only awarded 4 stars was because of the breakfast. I'm sure part of the problem was that breakfast was being served in two guest rooms on the first floor while the rennovations are being made to the lobby area. I fully lunderstand the hassle of doing that; but the breakfast itself was not as good as it could have been: Lukewarm coffee; dried-out muffins; dry scrambled eggs, and shriveled ham..... not the caliber we have grown to expect. I'm sure things will improve when the rennovations are complete, and this will not prevent us from future stays.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KansasHummingbird
Reviewed 14 November 2013

A couple of weeks ago, I goofed and left my suitcase in the breakfast room,and got all the way to Kansas City Airport before I found out I had left it. The manager went out of his way to meet me halfway since I had a flight out of Kansas City.
Excellent customer service!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathleen L
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Loved my 7 week stay at the Residence Inn. Everyone made me feel like it was my home away from home. Maria, Wess, Laura and the rest of the staff were extremely accommodating and made my stay a great experience! The only 'one' issue was the pet odor which is expected at a 'pet friendly' hotel. The food was great and Kaylee and others on kitchen staff were always friendly and very accommodating. I miss all of their smiling faces and professionalism! I would definitely stay there anytime I have business in Tooeka.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Lisadb9
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The Midwestern welcome at its best, from the front desk to the weekend manager.The ground is well-maintained inspite of the daily rain; the pet area is clean. Our room was spacious with a nice light comforter as well as being well-kept. It was a very pleasnt overnight stay.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TWAflyer
TopekaRI_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear TWAFlyer,

I just wanted to take a second and thank you for your kind words. We strive to create a wonderful experience for all of our guests. I am happy to see we hit the mark with you.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We were driving to Colorado, but did not know where we would be for the night. After traveling for some time, we called late in the afternoon for info and price, the gal was awesome and I sensed lowered the normal price so they could rent the 2-bedroom suite for that one night. The night manager was great and explained that our kids could use the pool, even though it was very late by the time we arrived. He just wanted an adult to be there during their pool time. The beds were too soft, but since they were king beds, the back seemed to endure the night. We were in the midst of more commercial options with respect to food and shopping than I could have imagined. While we were close to a road/highway, it did not seem to wake us up too often. The unit was clean and roomy.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family