“Ideal Stay”

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Ideal Stay”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

when you read previous reviews its obvious this hotel cant please everybody,we have stayed here 9 or ten times now and have allways been highly satisfied with the staff the rooms and the free breakfast,we are able to park our motorcycle right outside the door and usually drive close to the family diner opposite,we love the hotel. We will come stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
raj32250, General Manager at Best Western Topeka Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 August 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 785-228-2223.

BEST WESTERN Topeka Inn & Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Elmira, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Checked in around 9pm. Was told they had 2 rooms left.. one was a handicapped room for $100 the other a King size suite for $96. How a handicapped is more, bets me. We took a room on the second floor and we should of known it was going to be a not so clean room from the smell in the hallway. It smelled like poo, literally. Walked into our room and it was a big room with a big bathroom, living room space and bedroom. Bugs floating in the toilet and flies on the ceiling. Dusty and I wouldn't walk on the carpet without shoes. Breakfast is nice. Eggs, sausage, waffles. The help was eating as we trued to sit down and eat. We ended up eating in the check-in area. Which was fine once my hubs pointed out the rat traps under the cabinet. We we weren't impressed at all with this hotel. But if you're really tired stay. Check out was shady after we had been told by another customer they paid $70 for the same type of room we had. And we noticed we didn't receive our AAA discount. Shady place.

• Stayed July 2013
raj32250, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Topeka Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave our property a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I deeply regret the overall dissatisfaction of your stay especially with the room accommodations you received encountered not being at par with your expectations. I would like to assure you that we take each comment seriously as it has always been our goal to deliver only the best quality services and facilities. Rest assured your concerns will be looked into.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We chose this hotel but the previous week we had a very plesent experience at a best western but this one sadly dissappointed me. For startes when we got there there was only one person working the desk and they did not seem to know what they were doing. There were two people in front of us and it took about half and hour to get to the desk. Also witnessed the person in front of us had made a reservation requesting a 1st floor room and when they got there the hotel did not have any 1st floor avaliable. This is very poor service for someone who made and early reservation. We were given a first floor jacuzzi room without a reservation this room was never even offered to the other patron, felt really sorry for this man as it was an older man with obvious mobility issues. Our room was nice but had an interesting smell, I conclude it may be from the jaccuzzi but never did figure it out. The room and bed were clean, but the pillow cases were paper and I did not enjoy that at all. The jacuzzi was clean. The pool and hot tub and exercise room looked nice but I did not get time to use these. The next morning house keeping walked in while we were there because they do not have "Do not disturb" door hangers. Breakfast was normal fair for hotel nothing special or to brag about. Check out was ridiculious. I was in the lobby waiting for my husband and told them that and then asked me about the reciept so I went to check with my husband when we returned we could not find anyone at the desk. after about 10 minutes we hollered behind the desk for someone and someone walked into the lobby and asked if we were to check out we anwsered and she asked in we had gotten our reciept and we said yes the she said you can go and walked off. She was not rude but not engaging and friendly eithier. I was very put off after an already poor experience

Room Tip: Dont go here
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
raj32250, Manager at Best Western Topeka Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 July 2013

Dodgeville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The good price, excellent complimentary breakfast ( biscuit and gravy, scrambled egss, sausage patties) , spacious room, very comfortable beds and excellent service makes this hotel the best bet for the money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
raj32250, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Topeka Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 July 2013

State College, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We had a wonderful breakfast here, even though we woke up a little late and actually missed the breakfast time, the staff took the time to find some food for us. We also had our cat with us, and some of the other hotel rooms seemed to spook him, but he was fine here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
raj32250, Manager at Best Western Topeka Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 June 2013

Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Friendly receptionist, clean room, clean bathroom.
Easy to make reservation.
The problem I had was that the room assigned was on the second floor. I found out there's no elevator. Since I had a couple of suitcases so that I requested for the first floor room and my request was kindly accepted.

Room Tip: When you make a reservation, you ask for the first floor if you have many luggage.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Scott City, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed here for employee discount. First night didn't notice a problem, but second night, upon returning to motel room, I discovered that the door could be opened WITHOUT the key!! This certainly did not make me feel safe. I took anything of value and locked it in my vehicle when I wasn't at the motel. That was a pain to do, but didn't trust the motel after that. Will think long and hard about whether what I saved was worth the risk before booking here again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
raj32250, General Manager at Best Western Topeka Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 May 2013